Darnold's long ball...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Sep 11, 2018.

1. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Jets are week to week. They have yet to establish an identity. They're style of play solely depends on who they are playing it seems. I hope that will change with good drafting and free agents.

#201 fansince90, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Peebag likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fumbles have been an issue for Mayfield too, specifically the Raiders game. He had 3 that game alone. Actually really surprised that Darnold has much better ball security then he did in college.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I was very impressed, that’s graduate level work there. Some more of this and the optimism will be sky high around here.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  4. FJF

A little more perspective on what darnold has faced so far

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Beat me to it, great guy to follow on Twitter. The best part is he takes PFF's stats and uses context to backup what he sees. Eli Manning is at the bottom of the list hahaha and has been horrible.

FJF likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sam Darnold's long ball you say . . .

#206 jetophile, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah darnold fixed his fumbling issued right away.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Stat seems legit considering how Mariota and Carr have also struggled.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair to mariota though he really shouldn't be playing with his elbow injury and can barely feel the ball in his hands. he's at a pretty big disadvantage with that injury

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well, I'd like to see the rankings when the game against that quarterback is omitted, since obviously a bad quarterback helps lower the DVOA for the team he played against; this early in the season it might make a difference. Anyway, the real interesting thing to do is to combine these with performance. QBs who have performed well and played tough defenses, like Wilson, Cousins, Rodgers, and Mahomes, are really playing well, and might be expected to do even better in the future. On the other hand, Prescott has been bad playing against bad defenses, which does not bode well for the Cowboys.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Honestly i don't get the blind love for Anderson.

Before i get shot, i like anderson on the team and he is a great deep threat.. but can't be stopped? In term of route running, he has not shown he can get separation consistently except for single coverage on the deep ball.

You put a deep safety on his side, who doesn't get faked by the QB, and he's contained.

He has what 11 catches? He gets contained all the time. He has a ton of work to do before he's considered a top flight WR.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. Hes a great complimentary piece & every 3 games or so he’ll get a long one over the top.Additionally he will occupy a safety.

Along w Enunwa its a solid start at WR.But to your point hes not an elite fixture in this offense. Theyll need to upgrade from Kearse & Pryor.

Right now there really isnt a single WR on this roster who is an optimal fit for the WCO.After Edge & OL i expect this to be a focal over the next 2 offseasons. Even if Bates alters things to accomodate a more aggressive downfield attack there is a need for someone w short area ability who excells on both shallow & timing routes that can make plays via YAC.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Blind love? Is this just another one of your opinions ?

Why is it blind love just because YOU don't see a good player, maybe it is you that is blinded.

Could people who like or rate Anderson not say to you, what is with the blind hatred and negativity of Anderson, putting "I like somebody" before nailing them is not really disguising it much tbh.

You were at him before the last game, he nailed two long ones in the next game and still your moaning about him randomly out of the blue in the Sam Darnald thread.

11 catches and a team leading 3 TD's in the WR's, only second to Q on yards, RA 11-21 3tds / Q 21-42 1 td

Awful player.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Anderson has been held back by poor OC and average journeymen QB. When he was made a priority last year by Morton he had 7 TD and 950 receiving yards and that was with Mcown.

He has to endure another poor QB situation, he could have 70 yards a game receiving just on comeback routes alone because he is given that much cushion.

I’m not saying he’s Randy Moss or he’s HOF material. However if we had an offensive minded HC and a better oline which gave QB time. Anderson would be a lot more productive for the Jets.

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That's where his value is. Anderson's presence forces defenses to account for him and may open something else up, because if they don't account for him then he does what he did vs Denver.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Why do you say he has to "endure another poor QB situation"? Just going by the Denver game you can see that Darnold can get him the ball....IF the play is called and the OL gives him time. I think Anderson's problems are not on Darnold.

K'OB likes this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He has to endure because he’s waiting for Darnold to develope into a consistently good QB. While he waits for Darnold, his numbers are going to suffer and he will be criticized for not being a top flight receiver.

K'OB likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

Gotcha.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. FJF

And more .
    Kid is money on 3rd down. Just has to work on the other 2 some more

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

Good stat!

Any ideas why the difference? Is it that everyone is more focused/putting out more effort because of the 3rd down? Play calling?