Week 6: Indianapolis Colts @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 7, 2018.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hilton and Doyle would be tough for the Jets to cover. Them out definitely helps the Jets chances.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Seeing the Colts play, they are going to spread it out, and Luck will throw about 50 times. It will suck that Trumaine will be out and possibly Skrine (Colts have a ton of quick shifty WR's) but the corners the Jets will play, possibly are a better matchup because they have the speed to run with these Colt WR's. They don't have a true Deep threat since TY is out so it's gonna be a ton of short passes and screens. Ebron has been huge so I expect Adams and Lee to share responsibility on Ebron. I also think Hines, their receiving back will get a ton of looks, so this looks like a game for Darron Lee to continue to show off his improved cover skills because he will be tested! Expect a ton of Nickel and Dime looks from the Jets defense ... Robinson fresh off suspension may get a lot of time to help, as well as Nickerson, Roberts and Claiborne. The defensive line is gonna be worked, so I do expect more rotation and more rushing LB's. I don't expect much of McLendon and the big fatties for that matter.

They've given up a TON of yards to RB's and TE's...they play more bend but don't break and have broken more times then not. The Jets are going to need Powell/Crowell to be huge in the passing game, as well as whoever steps up at TE, Their LB's are poor and can get exposed in passing situations.

twown, onefanjet and Big Cat like this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

For those attending the game, the Jets are asking fans to wear white on Sunday.

The team is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl win over the Colts. They will be wearing white pants, white jerseys and white facemasks and are trying to coordinate a “whiteout” with the fans to match.

5. Big Cat

Correction, the Jets are wearing GRAY facemasks to match the ensemble worn during Super Bowl III. Neat.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Maybe Namath there for emotional support

Todd says we win and "guarantees it"

Ahahahahahahahah

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Did not see a thread on this but is Enunwa hurt ? Was he wearing a soft cast or something under his glove Sunday ? He is not on the injury report looks like he's practicing whats up with him

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Namath won’t commit until he sees the sideline reporter.

twown, kevda5n9ne and phubbadaman like this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Rodgers returns.

Luck will have a career day. Mark my words.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The way I see it with or without Kacy ...Luck could have a career day

11. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Eric Ebron did not practice yesterday with shin, quad, ankle and knee injuries listed on the injury report. Will be interesting to see if he suits up on Sunday. Jack Doyle has already been ruled out so Indy would be down their top 2 TE options.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That's big time. If he sits there is no excuse for the defense to give up more than 14.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Anyone else going Sunday? I bought the tickets early and thought this had the potential to be a meaningful game. With the opportunity to get back to. 500 the stadium should be rocking. Hopefully the jets can live up to expectations.

14. Big Cat

Did he get hit by a bus?

FJF, NYJFOREVER and jetophile like this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I want to go down as saying there's 4 reasons I want this game:
    1. Jets fan, simply want the Jets win.
    2. Baltimore Colts used to be in our division and also F Don Shula.
    3. Andrew Luck is the world's biggest goober and has cheese on his teeth.
    4. Everyone on here who engaged in that horribly annoying "Suck for Luck" nonsense years ago needs to die.
    OK, that's it.

16. jetophile

I shouldn't have laughed, but I couldn't help myself. Hahahaha.

Big Cat likes this.
  17. jetophile

Death to green pants! Can someone please take a video of the halftime celebration and post it after the game? Even if the Jets choke, I'd really like to see it. Someone also grab me a towel, I'll pay for postage. Thanks a bunch. GO JETS!!!

18. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Just like this organization. Don’t schedule a white out when it’s 80+ degrees and I can wear shorts and a plain white T-Shirt. Schedule it for when it’ll be 60 degrees out and I have to borrow my wife’s stylish white puffy jacket with faux fur trim..... I look so FAT in that jacket! Think about the fans!!!!

twown and Brook! like this.
  19. jetophile

seanofthedead looks fat to me.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. jetophile

Good luck, Maria. OK, no reference point, so I'll explain. Whenever something could potentially go bad (or was bad), one of my closest friends in the world came up with the phrase good luck, Maria. Family coming over for Thanksgiving? Good luck, Maria. Baby shower that you're desperately trying to dodge? Good luck, Maria. Funeral? Good luck, Maria. Old boyfriend? Good luck, Maria. It's so wonderful and interchangeable in any given situation, but how you really say Maria when it's particularly dire is Mahhhhriaaaaaaaaaaaa! It almost has a stronger impact when it's whispered. So, yeah Jets, good luck, Maria. All of my friends are as quirky as me. Artists, there is some mild truth to the stereotype . . . GOOD LUCK, MARIA!

#80 jetophile, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018