Kacy Rogers in the building

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

It looks like Kacy Rogers is back to health and was reported at the building today. Bowels said there is a chance he coaches Sunday. I am happy he is healthy but do not want him calling the Defense. I cannot think of a better use of the Larry David GIF

[​IMG]

2. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Glad he is healthy and all but of course kacy Rodgers can come back from a life threatening illness in a week meanwhile trumaine johnson is set to sit on the sidelines in street clothes for months on end with a boo boo on his thigh.

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We hired Todd Bowles as our head coach because he is an excellent defensive mind. If he’s not calling plays, what are we left with?

A conservative, defensive-minded decision maker with a mediocre defense. A recipe for disaster.

IMO, Sunday was a glimpse of what we expected to get when we hired Bowles. I sincerely hope that he’ll consider taking a larger role in calling the defense even once Rogers returned.

But I’m afraid Bowles will let his friendship get in the way of the team’s success. He’s fired OC’s that had far more success than Kacy, and he was the most passionate I’ve ever seen him when addressing a report that he was taking some responsibilities away from Rodgers 2 weeks ago.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

glad to hear he's ok but yeah i don't want him calling the defense. bowles was fantastic on sunday while rodgers was awful weeks 2-4. it shows we have the right talent and scheme

boozer32 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Who said it was life threatening?

Bowles was vague on what his 'illness' was.

6. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It had to be a kidney stone. Either way, glad he's healthy.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Great news for his family and health, but not very great news for this franchise.

Last Sunday proved that his play calling is really hindering this defense. Bowles was hired because of his deep knowledge on defense and his experience putting together a GREAT unit in Arizona. He displayed that ability last weekend. I was really hoping it would continue this way

K'OB likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm happy he is alright. Concerned we will go back to the out of position defense.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am liking a few of these posts...since they are sooo true

Let's take a step back guys .

ONE performance against a BAD team plus a "win one for the Kacy "day doesn't convince me about anything other than SD has uber talent

Let's see all the great adjustments on Sunday when the Colts have our number

BTW it makes NO SENSE for defensive master Bowles NOT to share his insights with his sickly DC for this game or any game previous

#9 NYJetsO12, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    boozer32 likes this.
  10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The only logical explanations would be a blood clot of some type......or an angioplasty type situation. Those would be life threatening conditions but also treatable enough for Rodgers to be back in the building so soon.....

But lets see how the defense plays out against the Colts. If they revert back to weeks 2-4 I think we all know what the problem with the D is.

#11 mrjet80, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

It could be cancer. There are so many types and treatment options that a diagnosis for a specific type of cancer doesn't necessarily lay you up immediately.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Very true

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That is the perfect GIF lol.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Happy to see he is healthy enough to return to the team. However, I selfishly want him Todd relaying the calls. Perhaps he'll feed Rogers his game plan and just let him deliver in the headset?

Simply put, it worked great last week. Why put a halt to it?

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm only going to echo others. I'm glad Kacy Rodgers has been released from the hospital and I wish him a continued and successful recovery. That doesn't mean I want him anywhere directly near the game plan. Bowles is obviously loyal to a fault and if Rodgers is in a terminal situation (hopefully he is not), I can't see him getting walking papers anytime soon. I said it in a different thread, I can't remember which one at the moment, but I guess the Manish leak about defensive play-calling responsibilities inadvertently had some legs. That's probably why Bowles was so inflamed over it and denied it, because he was looking out for Rodgers privacy and his hand was forced (unless it was purely coincidental, which I doubt). Good luck, Kacy, but stay home as much as possible. Dr. jeto recommends bed rest.

K'OB and Cman68 like this.
  17. WarriorRB28

He might've meant to say he was fighting for his job. LOL

Jenkins isn't a doctor and neither is Bowles. Vague descriptions of Kacy's illness makes a guy like me imagine it's a buncha baloney especially after reports surfaced last week that Bowles was considering taking back playcalling duties.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I really don’t care what he’s dealing with, that’s none of my business, it’s his and his families personal matter to deal with and I hope they get through it successfully.

What I don’t want to see is that man on the sidelines as a coach for the jets anymore. Seriously, he’s like Jeff Fisher, no mater what he does he just plods along with a job and don’t think for one moment that he’s going anywhere, if TB is retained we are drafting defense again with top pick next year and Rodgers will be DC as long as Bowles is HC.

I’m not looking forward to the next two years with these guys.

19. WarriorRB28

Halfway through the Colts game it ain't lookin' too good for ol' Kacy.