This felt darn good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

More than 320 yards rushing, Sam looking great. Win next week and you are in the middle of Play off race. Giants lost in last second and they are 1-4(lol) and Miami lost as well. All in all pretty darn good week.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember what happened after Detroit, not to mention so many countless times the Jets have responded to a big win with a stinker? Let's just enjoy today and take it a game at a time.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

All valid points CC. You are right but I can’t hide my excitement. I am giddy

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea I agree and 3-3 after 6 games would be nice with a rookie QB; after only winning 5 games last year.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No problem. I've just been down that road too many times, but celebrating too much isn't a crime.

6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

This was the first week of a normal NFL week, having a game on Sunday followed by another game on Sunday.

Hopefully now that we have a huge string of 1pm Sunday games Sam can get the feel of your typical NFL week and the preparation for it.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If there was a market for Jets stock and the price was determined by this forum, I'd make a killing selling after every win and buying after every loss.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

The Jets certainly looked good today. It was great to see Darnold connect with Anderson twice. Perhaps the issue with Enunwa was a blessing in disguise. The running game looked great and OL also gave Darnold time to throw. All in all, although the Jets were far from perfect (the other team gets paid as well) not much to complain about. What are we going to bitch about this week :)?

Jetsfansince2015 likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Felt great! Even with the terrible beginning and missed field goal. The Jets played really well. That is how I want them to play for Sam. Loved Pryor's effort on his TD. Loved the defense making plays when they needed to. The 4th Q doesn't really count as the Jets were in prevent. Besides that, they were solid without their #1 CB on the field. The O-line protected Sam and rushed the ball with ease. That is how you win with a rookie QB. Anderson's speed was utilized finally too. The Jets need to keep rolling against the Colts! Luck is much better than Keenum though. Need to focus on that.

10. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Actually they were without two of their top three DBs for most of the game and held up well

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Buy low, sell high! Oh, wait, it's the Great Depression and Black Friday 1929 and people are jumping out of windows to their death.

12. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Feels great in a year full of lows thus far

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

To me the difference here is Sam Darnold finally connecting On longer hookups to RA (Bates unleashes the Kraken finally)

And let's give credit where it is due..Bubba Gump shelves Kacy..takes over on D proves us all wrong !!! Will this continue ? I have absolutely NO clue ....Lenny Williams becomes a sack machine?? Hahahah

The Jets are an enigma within an enigma

Can we whip up some consistency against another HAPLESS team the Colts..???? could be..but...

14. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I think it’s obvious now with Sams throws today....If the kid has time he’ll do some damage.....If they could win eight games I’d be real happy .... i’m looking forward to next season to be honest with you guys with our cap Space we should be able to fix a lot of holes O-line #1 .... sign or maybe draft a left tackle ..... get the edge pass rusher we so desperately need.... find another wideout ....draft or sign another RB to help Crowell .....Powell been with us awhile heck maybe McGuire is that guy if healthy.... next season we got to make sound moves towards a playoff berth and not just one and done

15. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

And we don’t need any diva RB or WR on the team like LeVeon bell

TwoHeadedMonster and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This game makes me ask one very important question:

Was this the defense if Bowles takes over running it?

Kacy was out today with an illness. Bowles took over the play calling. If this is the case, he needs to take over permanently, because the defense was lights out today! Constant pressure on the QB. Sacks. Turnovers. Everything.

This is going to get interesting with how things play out with Kacy. I am really curious if this was because of Bowles

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm just happy I'll be in attendance for a meaningful game next week. If we were 1-4....

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I see the one day I travel to see friends they look like a good team

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Again, the most important game of the season is the next game.. Lets hope they keep it going one more week.

KurtTheJetsFan, CBG, Harpua and 3 others like this.
  20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Good stuff!

Liked watching! Sam is really my focus and I was pretty happy!!!!

This also PROVES that Bowles should be a DC and not HC

Props

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.