17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Hey man. I just spoke to the Jets directly. According to her, you can pay cash at any parking lot, its just more $. So in the orange the season ticket holder pays $25 but on game day I am paying $40. So LogeSection, you can park where you want and bring cash. If its an orange lot, its $40. I asked her 5 times and she said we always took cash, its just more expensive then the STH pay. Great news

CBG likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 I can only imagine how much they will EXTORT in cash for parking and I do not know one single person that has ever paid cash, I mean do they give you a stub or something after you pay because there are times after the booth that I had to show a parking pass,,,,but again that was years ago LOL,,,,this sounds like another cluster fook

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

C

Any plans to come to a game this year or no? Let's do a get together with the weather crew at Metlife. Let me know.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook,,,,,,,,no plans to attend any games. To think of how far I have come = for 20 years I ducked family functions and only missed a handful of games during that time and I NEVER missed opening day to where I am at now , the Dolphins coming in , opening day and zero desire to attend .Our Tailgate was great we had a minimum of 20 people each week , I brought the food and the BBQ ,,,,,,,,,,,if I go to any I will let you know and definitely buy you a beer ---to quote " Sir "

Brook! likes this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Great. I just paid $60 for a digital parking pass, had to meet a guy, get the jets app, stand there while we waited for the emails to go through etc etc etc. Those M'F'ers do not publicize this cash thing anywhere, and I believe they are the puppet masters behind the rising price of their parking passes on ticketmaster. The only thing I can take pride is saying is that those M'F'ers didn't get a nickel in PSL fees from me and my six seats.

If anyone pays cash and parks please let us know.

Go Jets. Destroy those obnoxious Dolphins and send their fans home crying Sunday.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Most Jets games the market price of parking is higher than the ticket get-in price

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I told her it’s not documented anywhere and no nobody knows u can pay cash. She said it’s ajways been this way. We have 2 cars so we meet at a gas station and climb into one car. In this case, with the hassle and $ to get a parking pass I don’t consider this a cluster fuck cbg, it’s actually one good thing they do. $40 blows for parking on the other side of the road but it’s hassle free so think it’s great they do this. Again I have been paying cash all last year just didn’t know it’s this way for all the lots. So it’s not a question of if the only thing I don’t know what they charge in the lots other then orange.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I paid cash for 4 games last year. It’s not if it’s available it’s what they charge for lots other then orange at this point. I know it’s crazy after all these years it turns out we don’t need to deal with buying a parking pass online

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

thanks for the info I am sure people will be happy to get it. As far as myself no pass or tickets from me , no thanks Woody. 314 I can't believe that this has been in effect for possibly years and NO ONE KNEW, simply amazing only the N Y JETS!!!! Let me ask you a question hod do they know where you are parking ? You get to the booth you pay the $40 and who tells you where you can or can't park, why can't you pay the 40 and park in Yellow or Green sections or wherever you wish ,,,, Im not getting that ?

10. LogeSection2RowJ

It's stated pretty plainly on the Jets website that the lots are for permit holders only and non-permit holders can park for cash off-site. But I believe you 314. Maybe it's like that cash subtly given to the Shea Stadium usher who moved you up closer... Despite what you say it still seem like a risk. I suppose once you get up to the booth it'd be a mess for them to reject you and have you turn around. See the parking descriptions here:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/faqs/parking-faq

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I know. I told the lady it’s not documented anywhere and she said it’s always been that way. If anyone is parking with a pass ask if they take cash and how much. Me I am going without a pass. Again been paying cash all last year. It’s nit under the table stuff

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ROWJ,,,,unless I misunderstood 314 he said he spoke to the Jets directly and this was not just a shady deal going down at the booth 1 time.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You pay at the booth for that particular lot. So when I drive up to lot 27 booth, its the booth for Lot 27 which is oragne and $40. The lots are all separate.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's correct. And I paid $40 4 times last year. At the time, before my call yesterday, I thought it was just for that lot but she said all lots take cash, just costs more then a parking pass from the Jets. Please anyone going to the game with a parking pass, regardless of what lot, ask if they take cash and how much. Lets find out if the Jets are full of shit on this one also. I know lot 27 takes cash, that's for sure

15. LogeSection2RowJ

Good idea. I will ask that when I drive in Sunday. To clarify, I'm not doubting 314, just pointing out that it's in direct conflict with the policy outlined on the Jets website. Also, where I drive in by the Giants facility, all lot types- Orange, Green, Yellow enter the same way so the policy to accept cash may only exist in an "orange only" lot, over by Izod where 314 parks.

16. Christopher Fink

Christopher Fink New Member

We are heading back to MetLife this Sunday for the first time since 2012 after having season tickets from 1965-2012. FWIW, I called the Jets today regarding parking and the person I spoke to said that in the preseason they allowed people to pay $40 cash to park at the stadium, but that starting Sunday, for the regular season, it would be permit only. If we didn't have a permit, we'd have to go to the satellite lot on Murray Hill Parkway, off of Paterson Plank Road.

Having said that - does anyone have experience at the Murray Hill Parkway satellite lot? My father has a disabled tag, so we're weighing out our options:
    A.) Park at Murray Hill, take their shuttle, which drops us off at the gate right by our seats.
    B.) Biting the bullet and paying $80-85 on Ticketmaster, and then parking at one of the disabled spots near the Stadium.
    C.) Taking a chance that someone will be selling parking permits along Route 17 or Paterson Plank Road for less than $80.

Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated - we haven't been there in a few years so we'd take any advice! Thanks in advance!

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

F U Woody and your parking passes !

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That’s why I called the jets. Wanted to make sure it was not just pre season. Now I have doubts. I will say that lot 27 is called an over flow lot so maybe that’s why u can pay cash. Let’s see what everyone finds out tomorrow and put this to bed. Oh btw the giants charge 30 for lot 27 not 40 like the jets. F Woody

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Go to lot 27 or the parking garage next to the izod. I am sure they take 40 cash. The only question is what other lots do

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

And the shuttle bus is right next to the parking garage so u don’t have to walk to the stadium