Rookie of Week 1.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 11, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

They all had great games, but the simple fact is that playing QB is much harder than any other position. The fact that Sam did what he did, and in his very first game, makes him a shoo in.

LF911SC and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Dont necessarily disagree with you, but we cant really use the ‘first game’ narrative here like many are. For all of these rookies it was their “First Game’

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

Good point.
    Even so, my main point - QB is much harder than any other position is still vaild.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Really?

Are they just trying to stir up controversy to get attention?

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  5. Wouldnt be the first time.On some level i can appreciate what they do..but they clearly have agendas within their process & the fact that they are suddenly being treated as gospel by most media outlets is really a joke

6. ColoradoContrails

It's probably because he was the highest rated QB in the draft.:rolleyes:

7. Could be them trying to save face.By no means am i saying Allen was good on Sunday but they were pretty strong worded w their eval of Allen during draft coverage & while hes no slam dunk hes not Hackenburg or anything close either.

8. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I would love to see this. Cant believe this to be true. Josh Allen completed only 40 % of his passes, Darnold over 75%. Allen threw for 0 TDS, Darnold 2. Allens QB rating was 56, Darnold 116.

How on earth can it be true that they gave him a higher grade? Someone made a mistake here, not buying that they actually said this

stinkyB and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I saw a screenshot on a jets fan page’s instagram story. Stories disappear after 24 hours so I cant get the photo. It had to be a mistake because anyone with 2 eyes can see that Darnold was better

LF911SC likes this.
  10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I mean if it were closer numbers, debatable yeah ok. But not only was it nothing similat Allen played in garbage time when the game was over and deep into prevent territory.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

PFF had Mayfield as the best QB in the draft, so I can see them dinging Darnold to make Mayfield look better by comparison. But they gave Allen a low pre-draft grade, so it makes no sense that they'd grade him highly now unless they really thought he was good.

12. If they want to save face bc they were made to look foolish by routinely referring to Allen as a day 2 pick.Hes got a LONG way to go..no doubt..but that proclamation looks pretty off base right now. They presumably wouldnt want that potentially hanging over future draft evals.Hell NBC was scrollling the PFF grades beneath each player in the starting line up om SNF.Theyre big businesss now.