#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bowles truly is a mystery Head Coach. Hard to evaluate.

2015: Won 10 games with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    2016: Won 5 games as his team of vets self-destructed and fell apart.
    2017: Won 5 games with another journeyman QB Josh McCown and a completely stripped roster.
    2018: Starts a 21-year old Rookie QB and what looks to be an improved Defense.

I guess stay tuned to this thread to see how it goes! :)

Ralebird and CotcheryFan like this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Youre like gum on a shoe, just cant go away. You need to come back over and over again, no many how many times someone says its over. Youre clueless and this is pointless, you argue to argue without have a clue as to what youre trying to say.

You dont like someone who is optimistic and wants things to go well, too fucking bad, get over your lousy outlook, its called being a fan. Deal with it

One more fucking time, read it twice, read it slow and dont respond. He needs to prove hes improved in some areas, others are overblown and due to lack of talent. Its best case scenario for him to succeed and thats what I want. You want to argue that, do it with someone else, this is dumb on any level. Nothing you have ever written here comes close to even hinting that you know more about the game than me, its the last thing you should bring up.

You know, when I first posted here you started one of these circle jerk arguments that goes on and on and on and where you wont stop. People warned me that this is what you are, they were 100% correct.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I've been a Jets fan for over 50 years. I may not be a dark sider , but it's been one hell of a long eclipse. I don't know what the sunshine looks like but I've seen enough bad coaches come through the door to know that Bowles isn't one of them.

Really good teams overcome the mistakes that they make all the time. It's the nature of the beast. You're way to focused on them because we can't overcome them. Some of that is baked into the cake with a team that's building. The new CBA has absolutely destroyed continuity. We saw teams this year completely abandon playing starters together for any length of time to protect starters from injury. The practice time is very limited. Guys aren't on the same page. Coaches are doing more than they should be because they have to.

If you watched a lot of games this week it was almost like watching starters play an exhibition game. Guys were out of shape and dying in the second half of games. Coaching an NFL game isn't like watching an NFL game. There are lots of moving parts. It takes continuity and time. When you continue to change it by starting over you're setting yourself back to square one. Now if you hire a great HC maybe in two years you can begin to move forward. There is a problem with that thinking. There is an assumption that you can pick someone better. The odds however say you will pick someone worse at best.

One of the things that makes BB a great coach is he has enough veterans in place who are elite that create continuity. Based on the new CBA that's a huge head start. I think it's worth sitting on Bowles and Mac for at least a few more years to see if we can get a core of players to buy in and create that continuity. The Jet team that came out against Detroit, a detroit team with a very good established NFL QB looked miles more prepared and had an institutional continuity that the Lions haven't even started to develop. It was there in front of your face but you're focused on an in game time out 2 years ago when the coaching staff was trying to get 11 guys they didn't know on the field at the same time.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I wish there were a 30 page thread somewhere where we could talk about Todd Bowle's replacement next year as head coach.

5. Ive been a Jets fan for over 30 years..youve got 20+ years on me..bless your heart.Still Ive seen enough conservative play not to lose coaching to know it when i see it. This portion is not going to change.I have a major issues w this philosophy bc ive lived through Herm,Rex & Mangini. I dont believe in it & have seen it first hand to know that its a flawed scared tactic that never ends well & never changes. And thats when its being executed w a full deck..Bowles isnt even operating at full capacity in this regard.His gameday demeanor is sleepy & passive at best.

I agree w you about cohesion being a major issue league wide.But thats the key..League wide! Every single team is dealing w these circumstances..its not a burden unique to the Jets. What good is being cohesive if the overriding leadership philosophy is flawed??i guess we build this stacked roster & hope beyond hope the gameday management doesnt bite us on the ass? And then when it does rinse & repeat w a new coach who hopefully isnt as flawed or inept??piling shit on top of more shit..thats what this team does best..after 50+ years you already know that.

I dont think theres anything wrong w hoping Bowles sticks around & even planning on it.But for a coach to have complete immunity 4 yrs in w no other reason than talent level & cohesion when the hands on aspects of his job suggest subparity..sorry..i couldnt disagree more.When does a winning standard “kick in” & if its off the table for years on end..why should anyone in the org take it seriously??

Ralebird likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Herm and Rex had much better teams. Herm inherited Pennington and Martin and a lot of good players from Parcells/Groh draft. They both had veteran teams loaded with good players and leaders. Pennington, who had a rag arm was miles better than Fitzpatrick and Mccown. Rex team was loaded it was also built to be a two year team because Rex is a two year coach before everyone tunes out. They dead capped the team into oblivion.

By the way Herm did a brilliant clock management job with ASU last week, no kidding. But I digress. Bowles is much smarter than Rex or Herm. Manginous was smarter. The problem is Kraft is the only owner who can deal with a Head Coach with Asperger syndrome.

Don't lump Bowles in with Herm, Rex or Mangini. He's much better than Rex and Herm.

slimjasi and Brook! like this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Brook, I for one am done talking about Bowles until the end of the year. I’m ok with whatever you do with thread.

Brook! likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well same here. I am giving him this year as a free pass unless the team goes off rails and end up losing constantly. I am OK with anything between 7-9 and 9-7 as long as defense plays great. But some folks will want to discuss him every week so thread will be open for those folks. :)

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Thank you mods, this was much needed

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I too have rooted for this team for over 50 years - since they were the NY Titans. I too have seen a lot things happen, and a lot of changes over the years. But one thing has remained constant up until now: the Jets were a badly run organization. I don't have the time or gumption to lay out all the anecdotal evidence for that, but since you've watched them all that time you should know what I mean. And I agree that Bowles is not the worst HC they've had, nor is Macc the worst GM, and there is merit in watching and waiting to see if they can be the right answer. BUT...there is also risk involved in investing even more time into a dead end. Up until Monday night I was certain that Bowles did not have what it takes. But after seeing the Jets perform the way they did I'm taking a step back and am willing to see if he can repeat and build upon that success. If he can, GREAT! because then it's worth that continued investment in him. But if the old Bowles rears his ugly head, and the mistakes that he's been making since he got here continue, then I think it's time to cut our losses and look for someone who can lead them to the SB. I hope he shows us that he is the answer. I really don't want to go through another rebuild with a new CS, and frankly I don't know if I'll live that long. But for that same reason, I need to see them start being the team we've been looking for since 1969.

Ralebird and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

this post is ass

FJF likes this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You got a point but still. Stick to football D, you make more sense when you do that. Lol.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If nothing else, Bowles deserves credit for being the dean of the metro area professional coaches. No one has had the job as long.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Thick as a brick!

Once again, I don't care if you're optimistic - that's your privilege, just as it's mine to be realistic. You don't get to censor that.

And you only get to tell yourself to not respond. Deal with it, sonny!

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I believe you spelled unbelievably negative wrong.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Bowles is our coach , like it or not... I'm no fan of his but he's the guy in charge right now so I'm going to support him until he gives me another reason not too.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

50 years with the NYJ as big fan ..vs contending with Eagles and Giants fans in my family lol

This year I expected a few flashes from SD and other talented players coupled with the usual poor coaching

Then last Monday Night came ..Bowles looks like on Zombie on Prozac and we are destroying the Lions ahahaha

The Offense I kinda expected to click but the Defense went crazy..SO WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN ??

I want a follow up win from Bowles and same preparation game planning adjustments ..etc whatever he miraculously learned to do that he COULDNT previously

TBH Even if we lose a close one to Miami BUT we all witness the same intensity on ST and on Offense Defense then it will slowly convert me as more of a Bowles fan..UNTIL THEN FAGETABOUTIT

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

See I think the opposite. I don’t think he’s a mystery at all. If you look at it, how you should look at it, long term and results based, you get this story:

He’s been a head coach for 3 years and had both amix of veteran rosters with high priced free agents and young cheap rosters.

And he is 7 games under .500 with zero playoff appearances

19. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

I'm being completely genuine here when I say this. Can you please provide some detail as to why you believe Bowles is a good coach? What precisely have you seen that elevates him beyond coaches that have had postseason success?

I liked Rex and Herm, they had passion, which I'm drawn too. Not to say that's what makes a good coach cause I don't believe that but it's a quality that players seem to admire.

20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Again, you cant shut up. Youre a glutton for punishment. Go away and stop stalking, I'm done with your nonsense. How strongly do I have to say it before you'll stop, there really is something wrong with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.