Week 2: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think Sundays game is going to be very telling ... we all know how we've performed in games after big wins.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Not that I'm not worried about the Dolphins, but the Browns game is the one I see us losing. Is Darnold enough of a pro to be ready in 3 days?? Who knows how much offseason work went to get him ready for Detroit. Hopefully he proves us all right and we go undefeated straight to the Superbowl, but I'd imagine he is going to lose us a few games since he is a rookie, and Cleveland could be a time when he shows.

legler82 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Said it this past Spring that the Browns are no push overs..just tied the Steelers last outing so they armed and dangerous imo

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Dolphins defense still has Wake. Interested to see how Minkah Fitzpatrick looks. Offensively they have Drake and Gore in the backfield. Tannehill's weapons are not what they used to be, but he still has Parker, Stills and Amendola. Don't overlook them, but also don't over hype them. This is a game the Jets should and need to win.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Parker is coming off a broken finger hasn't played in an actual game (preseason or not) in 5 weeks and besides that, he's been a career underachiever. I'm not too worried about him. The Dolphins also barely beat the Titans who were led by Blaine Gabbert for the majority of the 2H in game where they could gameplan for hours while in the locker room.

If the Jets can make them one dimensional and make Tannenhill have to throw it 30-40 times I think we win handily. On offense, Hopefully we can keep the chains in 3rd and short or manageable like we did vs Detroit. Let Sam take whats given underneath and pick his shots to throw the ball downfield.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. dawinner127

I do think the Browns are better than most people think, but let me play devils advocate here. They had 5 turnovers and still almost lost the game... How good can they possibly be?

FJF and rohirrim665 like this.
  7. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

I believe we are a better team. I also believe that we are a better team by a SLIGHT margin--we should be helped out by home field and our players really look like they're in it together (similar to circa 09-10).

But, I would truly not be surprised if they beat us by 10-14 points, we just all have to know it could happen so we don't start throwing Darnold, Bowles, and Mac to the wolves.

I still see this as a 6-7 win team until we string a few of these dominant performances together.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Contrary to popular belief...I think we walk all over Miami...and Cleveland for that matter.

Our shitty games are coming up later in the season.

themorey likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Stills will be a threat against the Jets. Really have to shut him down.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Ugh, really wanna buy Darnold jersey for Sunday but i jinx whatever jersey I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dude. Then buy a Brady jersey please. Don't wear it, just keep it on the side.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

May I recommend a Tom Brady jersey then?
    Brook beat me , should have kept scrolling

dawinner127 and Brook! like this.
  13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is why the nfl is great

I assumed the Ravens would pancake the Bengals

Not because of the Bill rout

But thought Harbaugh and company would be prepared.

This is the NFL

This sends out the warning signal

Please Todd

Please get these guys ready.

Burnz, Brook!, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  14. dawinner127

Just saw Miami’s starting LG Is out for the season. He was their best run blocker and it could definitely impact Tonsil at LT. Hopefully we can make them even mor 1 dimensional.

15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Well guys I'm getting my bunions removed on Monday sandwiched in between the two Jets games let's hope they bring me good luck and keep me happy ! I'll need it :) wish me luck GO JETS FRY FISH

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...guard-josh-sitton-to-miss-rest-of-2018-season

The Miami Dolphins offensive line played impressively in Week 1. Before the start of Week 2, the unit lost a key member for the season.

Left guard Josh Sitton is out for the year with a torn rotator cuff, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per a source informed of the injury. Sitton attempted to play through the injury but will undergo season-ending surgery Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald first reported the news.

Suck for him, but we better get some pressure up the gut against his backup.

17. Pseudo Spike

Pseudo Spike Member

This is a huge loss for the Phins. The o-line was already and a concern and has no depth. Leonard Williams will be licking his chops...

18. Miami_Vice

Miami_Vice New Member

yeah its a HUGE blow for us. Tannehill will probably be running for his life on Sunday lol.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If he's not its a good indication that the Lions are terrible and the Jets got a very easy start to the schedule.

20. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

i think the defense of the jets will disapoint this week because of the expectation that Jets fans will put on them after the first game.