Studs and Duds: week 1 at Det

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 11, 2018.

1. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Not sure if it’s fair to call him a dud if he didn’t play, but I didn’t really pay attention to any of the pregame news...did Nathan Shepherd dress last night. Don’t remember hearing his name called and I don’t see him listed on any of the game logs.

I’m feeling quite mentally challenged if he’s listed somewhere and I completely glossed over it.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Shephard started but got outplayed by Henry Anderson, who has his own thread now lol

Shephard will likely remain in the starting lineup but he did not perform like many of us had hoped he would

I guess you could consider him a "dud" of expectation

3. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Maybe that’s why I didn’t notice him. Missed the lions first 2 drives of the game.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

The only duds in yesterday's game were the milk chocolate ones they serve in the concessions stands at Ford Field.

5. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

Sure the corners came up with some big Interceptions but they were not perfect. Missed several tackles especially Middleton on that touchdown. He was just slow to react and just out of place. That entire drive was just horrible, no one covered anyone. The Lions just marched down the field. Sure I'm being nitpicky but even in a big win it can't be all praise. Both Tate and Golliday had 7 catches each for a total of a hundred and ninety something yards. Awesome game don't get me wrong but still stuff to work on.

Jets81 likes this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He really didn't get much burn. Big Cat, Anderson and sprinkle in some McClendon...that was the main guys up front. Shepard came in a few times but really wasn't a factor.

Interesting enough was the time at OLB. Jenkins was mostly in on run downs and Copeland was used exclusively as an edge rusher. I didn't think he did a good job doing that. I'm not sure if it was an injury thing with Jenkins, but I'd rather him be used more on passing downs then Copeland. Luvu played more snaps then Jenkins it seems and logged the most time of the OLB's and he played quite well. Honestly going forward and when Martin comes back, I hope Luvu stays on the active roster and plays. Copeland really doesn't do much for me. This maybe moot once Attaochu gets up to speed.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

eh it's only game one for Shepherd. He's got talent and he works hard. He will make his presence felt. Anderson was just too disruptive to take out

8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Just to add on to Lee's performance

anyone notice later in the game, when the Lions threw a screen pass where Riddick had 3 O-linemen in front of him? Lee knifed through all of them and made the tackle for a minimal gain. Great play

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Studs: Everyone

Duds: None

That is all...

10. NJJets20

NJJets20 Active Member

The female announcer was soooooooooooooooooo terrible. When she was trying to say the one positive about the Lions performance was that Matt Patricia had a pencil behind his ear and always writes things down, I almost had to mute the tv.

Also, the 3rd down end around play call for Anderson was garbage.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

one bad call is bound to happen. we were excellent on 3rd down overall especially Q and darnold

12. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Duds: Darryl Roberts. Missed tackle and was getting beaten on the Lions last drive in the second. Looks like our worst DB.

13. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Roberts Roberts Roberts! Nothing better than a kick ass special teams unit!

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I know Avery Williamson didn't have flashy stats, but I think he should get a little credit here for helping call signals on defense.

15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

He's a new Wayne Chrebet. :)

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Considering we play in a WCO system yes

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.