Urban Meyer Protects Wife Beater, Now on Leave

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by jetophile, Aug 1, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Because it's the police policing the police?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lol. OSU look horrible after this.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

rotten, and to think they gave Gurley 4 games for memorabilia

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Obviously didn't need this to show that big time college football is rotten to the core, but it's always interesting when moral bankruptcy is broadcast to the world so clearly.

5. jetophile

I don't know if anyone has read up on what has ensued since Meyer's suspension, but it's nuts. Urban Meyer went on record to "clarify" that how the school has been presenting what happened is basically false and incomplete and that he didn't protect Zach Smith about the alleged domestic violence against his ex-wife. Ha, when all evidence thus far is to the contrary and Meyer has offered nothing concrete to dispute it. Just stuff like I stand by my apologies to Courtney Smith, but that's not really what happened blah blah. What? He and the school are complicit and now they're both scrambling to cover their respective asses. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually gets fired to save face, but cash is king so who is to say.

Then I followed a link about Zach Smith and an epic Twitter meltdown (to which I don't belong). Most of his posts have been deleted (or removed?), but much of it is still public domain. He comes across like Richie Incognito. Basically the media is a bunch of liars and he goes on and on and on about how much of a liar his ex-wife is and essentially uses his children as human shields against scrutiny. WTF. Way to prove you don't have violent tendencies. Being physically abusive to his wife isn't the only reason she divorced him. Apparently he accrued a ton of credit card debt, was drinking and drugging like crazy, was wildly erratic, and blew tons of income and money he didn't have in strip clubs, Meyer knew about it, and didn't pull the plug on him. Smith was constantly missing meetings and recruitment sessions and Meyer gave him glowing reviews and a raise. What?

Anyway, that's the latest word, but OSU, Meyer, and Smith all look terrible. Especially Meyer. If you put the puzzle pieces together, he was definitely coddling, protecting, and enabling Zach Smith. I'll try to post some links later. Crazy stuff. Agree with @statjeff22, but I have a suspicious mind and I think all OSU is primarily concerned about is this not escalating to a Paterno/Sandusky DEFCON2 level PR nightmare at the moment.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm not giving Meyer a free pass or anything but if only this woman would've had a loving father, a protective older (or younger) brother, a caring uncle, a close male cousin etc or even a 12 gauge shotgun to protect herself from Zach Smith... Urban Meyer wouldn't currently be in this situation.

So I guess not only is Urban Meyer a coward for not doing anything about Zach Smith but her entire family is as well. For "allowing" this to happen to her.

7. FJF

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If there was anyone left on this board who didnt already think you were a fucking idiot, I'm pretty sure this post removed any doubts

The Waterboy and FJF like this.
  9. FJF

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was actually dumbstruck by his post. Thankfully you two expressed what I wanted to say.

11. jetophile

I honestly think that DefenseWinsChampionships is just flat out trolling at this point. Between Darron Lee and Todd Bowles . . . I know Brook! doesn't like the word troll and gives everyone the benefit of the doubt because he tries his best not to behead anyone in honor killings and shit, but he's also kind of a babe in the woods on this one. Defensebeguggah because it's just too long to type and damn annoying needs to have his user name shortened against his will when he comes back from CMan's ban. Every time I see something he posts I'm trying to decide if his handle beats antidisestlablismentarianism as the longest word in the English language.

12. jetophile

Is this post for real? Go ask Lawrence Taylor who committed statutory rape with a 16 year old who got pimped out in a hotel room. "I didn't make her do anything she didn't want to do." OK.