2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If anyone has any questions about their teams, who to start/sit, or trades I'm more than willing to give my .02 if anyone wants some help or just wants to talk about random DFS plays they like for a certain week.

I just drafted last night in my 14 team .5 PPR league. Pretty competitive league overall. I had the 1st and 4th pick this year (Traded my 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for the 1st overall, 10th rounder, and an 11th rounder.

QB - Luck
    RB1 - Gurley
    RB2 - Zeke
    WR1 - Crowder
    WR2- Stills
    TE - Burton
    FLEX - Garcon

Bench
    TY Montgomery
    Jordan Wilkins
    Devante Parker
    Cam Merideth
    John Kelly
    Rod Smith
    Anthony Miller

Antoni and GQMartin like this.
  2. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Solid team for a 14man

You know what I do every year? I play like 10 $1k yahoo leagues and like 10 $20 yahoo leagues. Know what I've found? The $1k leagues are actually easier to beat and make money from. Been tracking it in excel, I win about 15-20% more games on the $1k leagues.

I have 20 teams this year, 10 $1k teams and 10 $20 teams. Posting this team since I think it's my best(10 man auction)

QB: Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz
    RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Mark Ingram, Rashaad Penny, Nick Chubb
    WR: JuJu Smith-Chuster, Stefon Diggs, DJ Moore, Dez Bryant, Christian Kirk.
    TE: Kyle Rudolph
    K: Jake Elliott
    DEF: Carolina Panthers

It's basically a derivative of a bunch of my $1k leagues. My thought process: I think Saquon Barkley is the best back to buy in auction. It's because he goes for about $15-20 cheaper than the other 3 elite backs in his class, imho, which are Bell, Elliott, and Gurley. So I always get Barkley. I got him as cheap as $50 and as expensive as $64, so it varies. Next, I think Elliott is 2nd best, so I always prefer him over Bell and Gurley, which all go for about the same. I never get David Johnson or Alvin Kamara, so I always nominate them and bid them up so opponents spend money on them and have less resources to bid against me later. i never get LeSean McCoy either, I just don't think he's worth the price tag anymore.

I get Deshaun Watson in every draft. I think he's the best fantasy QB in the draft and about 2x cheaper than the 2nd best Rodgers. In this particular draft I got Wentz for $3. I guess there's doubt about him, but I wouldn't normally spend more than $5 on a backup QB. I'll take him for $3.

I never draft Gronkowski, Kelce, Ertz, or Graham. They are big names and too expensive. I had one draft where Gronk went for $42, Kelce for $30, and then I got Evan Engram for $5. Just not worth it. I try to get(in order): Rudolph, Engram, Burton, Njoku, all for about 5 dollars or less.

For WRs, I will take a top 5 one if I can get him for about $10 less than what he's worth. That about eliminates Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham. I try to pick off mid-range WRs on the cheap. Thielen, Diggs, Smith-Schuster, etc. And then towards the end of the draft I try to pick off bargain $1-2 WRs.

I always take a $1 kicker and a $1 Defense. I have found that I do extremely well just rotating defenses and kickers week to week from the waivers.

My 2 cents for this year. Been playing high roller leagues for about 15 years and I win about 70% of my games in them.

TL;DR: 2 elite workhorse RBs, mid-range WRs, value TE, Watson, $1 kickers/DEF.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  3. dawinner127

Really nice post. I’ve always wanted to try out auction leagues but i can never get enough of my friends to try one. I might hop over to a random league to try it out in the future. Are waiver wire pick ups free in auction leagues?

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Yeah, waiver wires after the draft are free. Just hop on yahoo you can buy a team for $20.

5. dawinner127

What’s the % they take for hosting the league?

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

It's almost a 50% 30% 20% payout like Poker Sit-N-Go's but instead of 20%, 3rd place just breaks even.

So for $20 leagues it would be

1st: $100
    2nd: $60
    3rd: $20

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

question i got a trade offer i give jordan howard and greg olsen for gronkowski

should i pull the trigger ?

my starting lineup is :

Mathew Stafford

David Jonhson

Dalvin Cook

mike evans

greg olsen

demaryus thomas

Jordan howard

Bench tarik cohen , detroit rookie rb , sony michel

8. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Anyone take any Jets players? Crowell, Anderson and Kearse are still available. Quincy also. Hmmm

Ninth pick of 10, serpentine. No $, just family & friends.

QB: Brady
    RB 1 & 2: Kamara, Gordon (picks 9 and 12)
    WR 1 & 2: TY Hilton, Funchess
    TE: Zach Ertz
    K: Gostkowski
    D/ST: Jax
    Flex: see below

Bench:

QB: Rivers
    RB's: Bilal! Duke, Jr;
    WR's: Juju; Alshon; Sanu
    TE: Virgil Green
    D/ST: Broncos

The wife has Luck and wants to trade for Brady, so I probably will. Just to be rid of him :)
    I'm tempted to drop Duke Jr and pick up Crowell, and keep Bilal as insurance. But Duke is a red zone guy. And I really need to see how Crowell performs, given the Jets O-line woes.

#8 LarryAlRalph, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  9. dawinner127

Really solid team. Does your Wife have a top flight WR? Maybe package Brady and one or two of your lesser WRs for Luck and a top flight WR (Julio, Beckham, Hopkins)

10. dawinner127

Absolutely. You have DJ and Cook already as your RB1 and RB2 with a solid compliment of high upside guys on the bench. I think Sony is going to be really good late in the season. Over the last 6 seasons 80% of rookie RBs who are drafted in the first round finish as RB1s (top 10 or 12 depending on league size).

11. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Tks, but I have to be careful with this. :D

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I wouldn’t make that trade

13. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

i got the feeling that i might need howard down the road too due to the previous injurys of cook and dj , but growkowski is tempting too you think i dont get value in that trade?

14. dawinner127

You are definitely giving up a lot but I think your depth at the RB position allows you to do that trade. Howard and Gronk are ranked very close to each other in terms of where they were drafted and most people favor RBs so I can see why FJF said to not make the trade.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think you have a stronger line up now than you would with gronk and one of the rookies at flex. I would wait and see if you could sell one of them high for a receiver personally.
    Plus I don’t trust gronk

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

It’s my first time playing fantasy this year with some guys at work. It’s an 8 team non-ppr league. Just finished up the draft, here’s what I came out with.
    QB: Rodgers
    RB: David Johnson, Fournette, Joe Mixon, Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams, Bilal Powell
    WR: Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, Robby Anderson, Nelson Agholor, John Ross
    TE: Jimmy Graham, Jordan Reed, Trey Burton
    D/ST: Ravens

Any thoughts or lineup suggestions would be appreciated. For some reason there’s no K’s in this league and there’s 3 WR slots.

17. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Drafted my team on Sunday, it's pretty Jets heavy (10 team league). Flex spot allows TE, 0.5 PPR with minor defense bonuses based on yards allowed.

QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Sam Darnold
    RBs: Kareem Hunt, Carlos Hyde, Isaiah Crowell, Marlon Mack
    WRs: AJ Green, Tyreek Hill, Robby Anderson, Brandin Cooks, Quincy Enunwa
    TEs: Jimmy Graham, David Njoku
    K: Jason Myers
    Def: Arizona Cardinals

The NFL.com post-draft report hated my draft, but I'm personally pretty happy!

18. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Are you rotating your defense based on who is facing the Bills haha?

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  19. dawinner127

Not really sure how 8 team leagues look since it has been years since I've been in a league that small, but I really like it. Maybe try and find a team who is desperate for a TE and offer up Jimmy and a Golden Tate/Evans to upgrade for a beast WR (OBJ/Hopkins/MT)

Brandon Moore's Butt and FJF like this.
  20. dawinner127

Team is solid. I would maybe look at improving your RB2 as I am not to confident on Hyde this year

Cidusii and LarryAlRalph like this.