PSL Default repercussions

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetsNation06, Feb 16, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

3. jetophile

Pardon my auto correct and editing. I added to the post.

4. HorribleEverySingleSeason

I don't know how I missed this, I honestly have put the Jets out of my mind almost completely until this package tried to come from them. Not sure what it is or if I wanna bother to go get it.

What happens with this lawsuit if they win? Would we all get our money back or a portion of it or do we have to call the lawyer to be a part of it as well?

5. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

You have to call and give your info. I've been so busy I haven't followed up. I plan to call also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Thanks I've been busy too and completely missed all this and didn't even think of the Jets for awhile. Did you receive anything from the Jets this week? I'm debating letting it be sent back to them cause I have no idea what it is. Any ideas what it could be?

7. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

No...I have no clue what it could be.

8. Donewithfootball

Donewithfootball New Member

My "package" from the NY Jets arrived a few minutes ago. It's a friendly letter trying to encourage me to renew my 2018 season tickets, signed by Fred Mangione. It says there are still flexible payment options available, including a six-month payment plan. Think I'll continue to pass on renewing my tickets.

9. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Thanks, did you have to sign for it? That was the only thing that raised my suspicion about it because in the past they have no problems throwing my season tickets on the porch without my signature lol

10. Donewithfootball

It did require a signature, but the mail to my building goes through a mail room, so I didn't actually sign for it. Legally, there is no proof that I received the letter, and even if I did sign for it, there is no proof that I received it because anyone could have signed my name. If the organization wanted to go through legal channels to have this letter delivered, they would have to have a courier or whoever delivers summonses deliver it in person. Apparently, this topic (legal, admissible in court, proof of delivery to the addressee) has come up in various lawsuits involving residents of my building, and a letter sent via UPS is not a means of delivering a document in a manner that is legally binding.

11. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Thanks much appreciated!

Donewithfootball likes this.
  12. jetophile

For a quick second I thought I was being subpoenaed for some mystery thing, lol. There was no return address on the UPS envelope, and no sticky note on my door when they'd be back for my signature (I live in a private residence). As stated in another earlier post, I didn't own a PSL, so I guess in the end, as usual, I wasn't really worth their time. I completely understand your point, though (legalities). They're also probably fishing for people who reneged, not just walked away. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd say we'll forgive this and that if you renew. It really is that bad for them right now.

It's OK, though. 30,000 letters sent via UPS even though in bulk maybe makes up for all the $4 'handling fees' I've paid over the years just for some schlub to shove tickets in an envelope. Then again, I was still paying a $4 handling fee after The New Dump. I still can't believe they invalidated your last two regular season games. What's the word I'm looking for . . . ? Humps. Humps, that's it.

13. Donewithfootball

I wondered about the cost of the letters too. Sending thousands of one page letters by UPS 2nd day air had to cost a fortune. Another reason ticket and other prices keep going up?

14. HorribleEverySingleSeason

That's why I wondered what it was at first too, have no idea why they 2nd day aired it when we would have gotten it in almost the same time via regular mail anyway.

15. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Bunch of idiots in the office.

16. HorribleEverySingleSeason

I'm not picking mine up, not wasting my time but I'm curious to see if they mail it back to me after they get it returned to them lol

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

what were these letters all about

18. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Just trying to get us to renew, Donewithfootball actually received theirs, I missed them trying to delivery and I'm not wasting my time going to pick it up...

sickandtired likes this.
  19. Donewithfootball

Update: I received a voice mail today, asking me if I was interested in renewing my season tickets this year even though I didn't renew last year. She said there were payment options available if I'm interested. Hmmm.....

Meanwhile, there are tickets available for the Jets/Giants preseason game for $73 two rows down from where my seats were.

20. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Called me too but I have any number they call me from saved as "Jets don't answer" so I got the voice mail as well, fuck them. God it feels good to not have to go to that shitty stadium anymore. First time in forever that I'll be rooting from my couch all season.

Donewithfootball likes this.