Jamal Adams knows- Bowles is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I hope he turns into the next Vince Lombardi. But so far I see a guy that is pretty clueless when it comes to game day coaching. Second half adjustments? What are those? I’m still rooting for him but color me skeptical.

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He won't be on the Jets for 10 years

Part of being a leader is leading by example. Who to say his effort was good last year after all he had ZERO interceptions and barely got his hands on any passes. Leaders also do not have to be heard bragging 24/7. They can prove their leadership by attaining team goals first instead of running off at the mouth that "he will not be missing any pro bowl ever". Being full of himself brings attention and scrutiny from other teams and players. David Harris was a leader, Mangold was a leader. I do not see any Jets players backing him up so far.

fansince90 likes this.
  3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

boozer just has no weiner

Paragraph.

ParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraph

ParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraphParagraph

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Funny you talk about "Leadership" when Jamal Adams has been by far the biggest Jets leader throughout this entire offseason.

P.S: This quote (below) may not fit your pundit agenda.

Jamal Adams, not a leader?

Not a team leader? Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, Chris Johnson, Teddy Bridgewater, Terrell Pryor, Spencer Long, Avery Williamson, Isaiah Crowell & Trumaine Johnson will all tell you otherwise.

And Jamal Adams doesn't lead by example?

Because the last time I checked Jamal Adams stuck up for his head coach while Bowles was on the NFL's hot seat, had his head coaches back and stood up against the media pundits during a time in which fake leaders on the Jets were too scared to speak up in favor of Todd Bowles. Jamal Adams wasn't scared. He talked up our coach when no one else would.

#104 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

And it's funny how you mention Jamal Adams not having an INT during his rookie year.

Jamal Adams had 0 INT's as a Freshman out of H.S with LSU. I bet the pundits cried the same. He then had 4 or 5 INT's the following year during his Sophomore season @ LSU. Funny how things work.

Only a pundit harps over "0 Rookie INT's" while ignoring his...

16 starts, 82 combined tackles, 6 Passes Defended, 2 sacks, 2 Fumble Recoveries and 1 Forced Fumble.

Only a pundit harps over "0 Rookie INT's" while ignoring the fact(s) that...

Jamal Adams made the NFL's All-Rookie 1st team, was one of only two top 10 picks to make the All-Rookie team (Myles Garrett & Jamal Adams) and also finished top 5 for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

P.S: 16 starts, 82 combined tackles, 6 Passes Defended, 2 sacks, 2 Fumble Recoveries, 1 Forced Fumble, one of only two top 10 picks to make the All-Rookie Team and Top 5 in Defensive Rookie of the Year award rankings.

The kid had an outstanding rookie campaign and only a clueless pundit would state otherwise.

Mike Maccagnan won't be looking to replace Jamal Adams anytime soon. So just sit down and deal with it.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders and/or John Lynch didn't have any INT's during their "Rookie Season's" neither. Just to name a few .

OH MY GOD YOU BETTER MAKE THE ALL-PRO AND HALL OF FAME YOUR ROOKIE SEASON OR YOU'RE A BUST.

Pundits.

7. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Why do I keep reading about firing Bowles and Macc both? Are you fucking insane? This is Macc’s team, he built this roster, he cut veterans, traded picks, drafted Darnold, gave sense and respectability to the FO and the team as a whole. Yes, he drafted Petty and Hackenberg but the positive things he’s done far outweigh the negative ones. I understand the Fire Bowles campaign but who, in his right mind, would want Macc gone right now? Please stop sniffing gasoline.

8. boozer32

Woody and Chris talked up Bowles too because they signed the bum to a 2-year extension. Rewarding a perennial losing coach is disturbing. Thus what sums up the Jets, along with other things throughout the organization.

94Abraham likes this.
  9. boozer32

Now you're just reaching lol. The broken record Troy Polamalu. Troy was far better in college than Adams and will be first ballot hall of Famer. Nice try but try to stay focus on motor mouth and his lack of leadership.

94Abraham likes this.
  10. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Same thing i said in my post but i used MARTIN, CHREBET, AND PENNINGTON as examples. I should have used defensive players too...lol.
    I dont remember Ronnie Lott be a big talker...just a big hitter and a big play maker.

boozer32 likes this.
  11. All youve really stated is that you dont like him as a player & that you prefer your leaders to do so by example.There are different type of leaders.Adams is an outspoken energy guy.Frankly w where the jets have been its a nice change.Harris & Mangold leading by example didnt exactly lead to alot of winning or even great team efforts after 2010.You like your leaders to do so by example & dont like outspoken figureheads..so be it but it still doesnt explain why its mandatory for him to be a pro bowler for trying to light a fire under the team’s ass

12. But Ray Lewis,Steve Atwater,Brian Dawkins,John Randle,Deion Sanders,Michael Strahan & Joey Porter all were big talkers. So whats the point?Great players come in all shapes & sizes.Id take everyone of those guys in this or any vintage jets squad

boozer32, FJF and LF911SC like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're wasting your time and energy with him.

14. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Actually he wasnt better in college or in his rookie season.

College players and coaches, Jet players, Jet coaches, anyone who covers the team, the national media all call him a leader, a natural leader.
    But you know better with your inside knowledge of what hes like with teammates behind closed doors.

What is it with some fans that they feel the need to argue with what is accepted as truth.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Oh yea. The NFL rookie season of Jamal Adams was triumphant to that of Troy Polamalu's NFL rookie season.

You know what's super funny? Boozer with all of his "leadership" talk continues to ignore this post below.

I'll quote it below since I know it bothers him & his pride. It's so funny to watch him run from it too.

This quote below really frustrates Boozer, because the truth hurts.

Therefore Boozer runs from this quote below.

I love it.

And will continue to rub it in his face every time he brings up "leadership".

Kind of hard to face the truth. Run Boozer, run.

LF911SC likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Adams failed to make an interception in last nights game.

Just sayin'...

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. LF911SC

Why cant some enjoy the good players, people that are a part of the team. Instead they come on a forum to troll and whine that the player just isnt what is general accepted as a given. He've had more than enough players to complain about over the years, hell today, why pick on the ones who shouldnt get grief? What about players like Adams makes their heads explode? Do these so called fans just think going in the opposite direction makes them smart? Boozer seems to always take happily tke the contrarian opinion without rhyme or reason

18. LF911SC

Want to sum up the number of snaps he played? Or come up with a single reason this is relevant? Especially given the shutout.

Just saying LOL

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Jamal Adams had a breakout rookie campaign.

✓ 16 games played/16 games started.

✓ 82 combined tackles, 6 Passes Defended, 2 sacks, 2 Fumble Recoveries and 1 Forced Fumble.

✓ One of only two top 10 draft picks that made the NFL's All-Rookie Team
    (Myles Garrett & Jamal Adams).

✓ Top 5 in Defensive Rookie of the Year award rankings.

And only a clueless pundit wouldn't acknowledge the fact that Jamal Adams had himself an awesome rookie campaign.

20. LF911SC

• Polamalu wasnt good enough to start in his rookie season
    • Polamalu 38 combined tackles, 4 passes defended, 2 sacks and 0 INTs.

People really need to stop whining that hes no Troy Polamalu. Troy Polamalu wasnt Troy Polamalu in his rookie season.