Jamal Adams knows- Bowles is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I see the homer is back or maybe never left. It must have been an extremely weak rookie class if that guy is top 5 in anything. Marcus Maye had the better year by far. Has he said anything close to Adams? Nope, he's a professional and goes about his business and supports his teammates. Throwing up a bunch of rookie 1st, 2nd or 3rd team stuff means nothing. Stabbing your entire team in the back is a lasting impression that others in the league pay attention too.

94Abraham likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Marcus Maye did not have a better year "by far" when compared to Adams.

Maye was our best 2nd Rd prospect in ages but no, he was not better than Jamal Adams "by far".

Heck. He didn't even have the better season.

Jamal Adams: 16 games started with 82 combined total tackles (63 solo), 0 INT's, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 sacks.

Marcus Maye: 16 games started with 78 combined total tackles (56 solo), 2 INT's, 2 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 0 fumble recoveries and 0 sacks.

They both had tremendous rookie campaigns but wow what games were you even watching and in what world did Maye have a "better season" and "by far" when compared to Jamal Adams?

Please.

Enlighten everyone.

P.S:

Marcus Maye is 25 years old.
    Jamal Adams is 22 years young.

Go ahead.

Try and spin that one too.

And what the fk are you talking about guy? An "extremely weak rookie class"? Um. No.

2017's All-Rookie team was pretty awesome.

Did you not follow that draft class, as well?

QB: Deshaun Watson (12th overall).
    RB: Kareem Hunt.
    RB: Alvin Kamara.
    WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster.
    WR: Cooper Kupp.
    TE: Evan Engram (23rd overall).
    T: Cam Robinson.
    T: Ryan Ramczyk (32nd overall).
    C: Pat Elflein.
    G: Dan Feeney.
    G: Ethan Pocic.

DL: Myles Garrett (1st overall).
    DL: Carl Lawson.
    DL: Derek Barnett (14th overall).
    DL: Dalvin Tomlinson.
    LB: Jarrad Davis (21st overall).
    LB: T.J Watt (30th overall).
    LB: Reuben Foster (31st overall).
    CB: Marshon Lattimore (11th overall).
    CB: Tre'Davious White (27th overall).
    S: Jamal Adams (6th overall).
    S: Marcus Williams.

Jamal Adams was 1 out of 11 1st rounders selected (8 on defense/3 on offense).

Jamal Adams was also one of only two top 10 picks selected. Both were Defense (Myles Garrett/Jamal Adams).

That defensive side of the ball was absolutely stacked with big name players, more-so than the offensive draft class (no question).

And Jamal Adams not only made All-Rookie team. But he did it on the defensive side of the ball. And voted top 5 amongst all defensive rookies (during a stacked class too).

Deal with it.

I may be a homer at heart but at least I'm not a liar. Who will say anything just to prove a point. Including lies such as a 25 y.o Maye played "better, by far" when in comparison to Adams. That was a funny.

fansince90, Charlie Kelly and K'OB like this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol. It's pathetic. All from a Brian Fatfuck Costello article.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I love coach Bowles. I have him to thank for breaking my Ambien sleep aid addiction. Now, instead of popping a pill, I drop in a mix tape of Todd's pressers and within seconds I'm sawing wood.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Maye was the better coverage safeties and better yet kept his mouth shut and played ball. No spin needed just fact but you keep the spin cycle going. Really don't see a problem with Maye being 25 years old either. But which one was the 6th pick of the draft and didn't make the pro bowl? You would think he would be in Canton the way he runs his mouth. Box safeties like him are gone the same way dinosaurs are gone.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The fire! No seriously it seems they have found some chemistry as a team again. Bowles isn't the motivator that Rex was so its really on the players to lead.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. I dont understand this & you arent the first person to allude to it

Adams hasnt insulted anybody by name,he never said any of his teammates stunk..he said there was an issue w effort.He hasnt touted himself as being something hes not.He doesnt gave an inflated opinion of himself.He sets lofty goals for himself & the team.He admits to being a trash talker but other than josh allen which he stands by who has he crossed?

Why does any of this mean he has to be a pro bowler?Why is it only ok if hes the best safety in the league?Cant he just be the best defensive leader in the league??

He should a pro bowler bc he went 6th overall as safety for a team barren of offensive talent not bc hes alittle outspoken & wants to be a leader.Not every leader is a dominant player.If hes a solid all around safety & is the leader of the defense for 10 years are we gonna hate him for representing the team yet not being all world???

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Man and to think, I totally miss the days where the Jets would show up against the Patriots (more than likely lose) only to completely shit the bed next week.

Ah the good old days!

FJF likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Some Jet fans are absolutely clueless about football. And absolutely clueless about player development and overall talent and potential.

Jamal Adams not only makes the All-Rookie 1st Team but also finishes his rookie campaign voted as a Top 5 Defensive Rookie of the Year contender.

That wasn't enough (for the pundits).

But yet we now have (a few) absolutely clueless fans with a football I.Q as that of a 5 year old child who cry and complain that he "didn't make the Pro-Bowl or All-Pro and wasn't inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame" after only his rookie season.

Absolutely clueless these pundits are.

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick, Decker, Mangold and Marshall are the ones who divided the team and caused the 2016 spiral.
    It started with Fitz holding out and the other 3 not showing up for camp, campaigning for Fitz , while their teammates we're sweating their balls off in camp.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

During that same Q & A interview, Jamal Adams clearly stated....

B/R: Are you seeing change? Or are there still guys in your locker room doing the bare minimum?

"Adams: It's changed now. You can tell it's a different vibe".

It's more than obvious to anyone with an I.Q that Adams was referring to former players who were cut & released and not anyone within his current Foxhole.

P.S: Jamal Adams has been the biggest Jets offseason homer thus far and he's also been our biggest team leader of a player spokesmem.

Just ask the likes of Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, Chris Johnson, Teddy Bridgewater, Terrell Pryor, Spencer Long, Avery Williamson, Isaiah Crowell & Trumaine Johnson.
    Like it or not.

Jamal Adams (as a player) stood shoulder to shoulder alongside of our front office throughout our Free Agency process, was dressed up sharp in a blazer and tie, represented our organization with first class and was there (at our facility) to introduce and welcome each and every one of our Free Agent additions with open arms.

How many other current Jet players/leaders can say they did the same?

Oh.
    Yea.
    That's right.

Nice try though.

(bunch of little media driven pundits).

#92 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Acad23 likes this.
  13. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

My daughter has bought one just the same, she always complains about the same thing

K'OB likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Reading this thread...one might think Hue Jackson was our HC.

Todd Bowles is pretty well respected by people in the business of football...that's good enough for me.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Then again, the Jaguars kept Caldwell and fired their HC, replaced him with Doug Marrone and he turned the team around in one year and got them to the playoffs with the same pieces Bradley had to work with.

Some times it is the HC as his scheme doesn’t translate to the team winning even though they have good players.

I’m sure we will have TB and Mack for 2 more years.

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

You dont need Bowles to be this big motivator. They just shut out the Falcons tonight for the first ever shut out at home in the preseason. They just got to keep doing what they are doing and push each other. Adams, Williams, and others can fill that role.

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

he speaks the truth LOVE IT

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

NYJ pitched the only defensive shutout of any NFL team thus far through preseason week one.

Preseason or not you don't pitch an NFL goose egg without a focussed defense.

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

All hail Coach Dummy!!

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's what Dummy fans said about countless of future NFL Hall of Fame head coaches after only their 3rd year in the league.