17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I gotta know what row in the upper deck

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

at least some fucking cover. see seattle. hey look at that they covered a large portion of the seats. shit for what these assholes want folks to pay they should have heated/cooled seats.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

these ones were row 18 in section 349, 6 available. For row 12 a quad starts at $281 in 331

on vividseats I can source 4 for $243 in 327 row 11

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am not worried about a couple of bucks to be honest this early. I really wasn't thinking about prices in the summer, I was looking at the glass being half full. Darnold wins the job and the Jets beat the Lions on Monday night. For shits and giggles, what's the price of those $281 for 4 on Wednesday morning after the first game if this happens?

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Speaking of new stadiums, anyone watching the World Cup? All of those stadiums are better than ours, and they are not domes.

6. GordonGecko

so, coaches club tickets are the cheapest I have EVER seen 24 hours before the preseason game tomorrow. I just picked up 4 tickets for $29 each on vivid, these are seats that sell for $715 per game plus 25K PSL. Not sure if they will tank more but I am more than happy to stuff my face and stand on the field for under 30 bucks, preseason or not

I checked prices less than 48 hours ago and the cheapest then was like $110 each. So basically the market imploded overnight and STHs are dropping their pants to get whatever they can instead of eating the whole ticket

This poor shlub is still trying to get $500 each:
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/d/ny-jets-vs-atlanta-falcons/6665092158.html

as an aside, anyone selling a green parking pass?

7. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Thanks for sharing Gecko

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wow good stuff Gecko,,,,,I never get tired of reading this thread.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well done!!!

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Fellas, ladies, etc. I just read this article this morning in the Star Ledger and scolded it's author for not mentioning how the policy will effect the secondary ticket market, or attempt to thwart it. I'd love to hear some of your opinions about it. We all agree that the Jets have probably spent thousands of hours, and employees thinking of ways to kill the secondary market so that they can sell more season tickets and punish guys like me who bailed out after 30 years, yet still attend games. Everything they've tried to this point has failed. Remember last season's nutty "Last second random mobile ticket assignment" thing? (Or whatever they called it) Did any of you know someone who tried that, or tried it themselves? They've tried so many schemes over the years that I can't recall them all.

https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/going_to_a_jets_game_at_metlife_stadium_the_nfl_ha.html

Jets employees: We know you follow this thread. And we know that even the loudest complainers here are far bigger Jets fans than you're being paid to pretend to be.

11. GordonGecko

glad I bought yesterday all the $30-ish coaches club tickets are gone and now over $60. Some $40's Metlife club left though on the opposite side

my parking pass cost more than the coaches club ticket!

anybody know what lot "CCPARK" is? Assuming it's offsite, not sure why anyone would park there

#19491 GordonGecko, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    alleycat9 likes this.
  12. GordonGecko

I heard about that on the Kay show yesterday. They say parking passes are mobile too but I was looking on craigslist and people are still selling paper passes that hang from the mirror so I don't know what's up with that. Apparently this is an NFL policy or something. I prefer hard tickets all the way

13. GordonGecko

and also noticed, stubhub is the official resale platform now

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

As sad as I was initially about bailing, that article made me hurl. I'm now far happier that I'm out than being in. This right here is complete and utter bs:

Why can't I print my tickets anymore?
    The NFL's new policy was implemented in order to "protect the integrity of your ticket and prevent the fraud and counterfeit problems that have steadily increased over the years."

That's a bald-faced lie. If you're a STH and your sell your tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange (or simply transfer your tix to a friend if you can't go), your information is viewable to the receiver/buyer. They also have to accept the sale/transfer or they don't get the code in the first place. If it's a sale, the money gets wired to your bank account. If a printout is fake, it doesn't scan, and you simply cannot and do not get in, and if it's fake you're not going to get paid or be sent confirmation. Sure, if you drop or lose your paper print out someone else can certainly use it - meaning, THEY can get in - but how many scammers on NFL Ticket Exchange or stubhub are manufacturing fake bar codes on your season ticket account to defraud you? I'm not saying it won't, can't, or hasn't happened, but this is smoke and mirrors. And more lies.

And now they're "regulating" the cost of the Parking Passes for non-STHs?! $40 & $50?! Some SEATS are $50! The new line of crap Jets Pass, seats are $37.50 in the UD, when of course you can get them for less than that. The article also says the passes are "pre-paid" - whatever the F THAT means. Screw this FO. It just gets worse and worse. Good riddance. Go Jets, always. Go Darnold, you know it. Go FO, never. They're idiots and they just don't get it. The article also says 'the NFL's new policy', so I guess take it with a grain of salt whether or not it's just the Jets with more lying attached to it. The NFL just wants a complete monopoly over unfair practices. I wish I had a friend named Rico. As in The RICO Act.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. GordonGecko

The monopoly is called owning a professional sports franchise. They get away with it because of (misplaced) unwavering team loyalty by fans. If people reacted to bad practices by not watching games or buying gear, they would change things real fast. But people just grin and bear it and the domestic abuse goes on forever

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. jetophile

Prefer hard tickets all the way, you and me both. And the laughable part is if you don't have a smart phone . . .

What if I don't have a smartphone?
    The Jets ask that you call 1-800-469-JETS (5387) or email service@newyorkjets.com to contact a representative for help. Or, if you are at MetLife Stadium, you can visit the nearest box office window.

So if you didn't contact the Jets prior to buying something you can't use (including the parking pass), you're supposed to drive all the way down there with a flip-phone with no internet service and they'll magically somehow find the sale or the transfer and in you go? How about you wasted/lost your money because the only place you're going is back to your car to drive home. Scratch that, you can't even get in to park. This digital shit is really discriminatory, but we all get sucked into the vortex by default - often against our will - because it's beyond our control. I swear, sometimes I wish I was in a position to completely go off the grid.

#19496 jetophile, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  17. jetophile

Hahahahahaha. Enjoy! How much was the parking pass, out of curiosity?

18. GordonGecko

with fees $42.42 on vividseats for green parking

with fees $32.95 for coaches club tickets

it's such a racket, they know it's preseason and the lot is going to be 75% empty. And they know people can uber for 5 bucks from the neighborhood so they force the taxi drop off point all the way at the back of the lot to make it as inconvenient as possible

19. jetophile

I've said it a gazillion times, no problem with people rolling in the dough and making money hand over fist (in fact, I encourage it - especially ingenuity and entrepreneurship), but you can still treat your customers right while you're doing that. It's organized extortion at this point.

20. jetophile

HAH, how did I know that the pass was more than the per ticket price, lol. Still, what a steal. Suck it, Jets FO. Have a groove.