Oh Well Mack Headed to the Bears

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What would you give up in a trade for Khalil Mack?

1. Next year's 1st round pick

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. 2020's 2nd and 3rd round picks

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Package of players - please be specific

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Package of players and draft picks - please be specific

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Wouldn't trade for him

27 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Tanny did, but he learned it from Bradway who was the worst ... everything Bradway ever did was a panic response to something happening. If some player got a toothache, Bradway would trade picks for a fourth stringer on another team as a possible replacement.

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Just curious what assets your suggesting Mac use to trade up to recoup two picks in the spring? No first or second next year and no 1st in 2019, several players on one year deals , several extensions due. Will leave plenty of holes. Trading players for picks will create more holes.
    Mack for a first is a no brainier, then hopefully we can trade Teddy and recoup a second.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I know what your concern is - but think about it.

When did Tannenbaum land an impact player with 1st round pick? He traded up to land Mark fucking Sanchez. Or he would waste picks drafting the likes of Quinton Coples and whatnot.

Moreover - while I agree in principle, I think it would be prudent to trade for a player of Mack's caliber for a reason. It's about probability - what is the probability that Jets draft an outside linebacker with the first round pick, and he performs just as well? That assumption will blow up in your face even before you start contemplating the chances. First, will that fantastic OLB prospect be available when Jets pick? And what chance is there that he will be as good as Mack is? And are you sure Bowles can coach the kid up to a good pass rusher? We don't have any of the guarantee here. Especially the third one.

Of course, if Mac does bring in Mack, he should be signed for long term. Mack isn't that old anyway - you can think of it as drafting Mack with the pick you send away.

===================================================================================

I've been pretty harsh with Jets OL - but I doubt if they will be giving up the most sacks for the next few years. After all, it's going to be one more putrid year with this OL. If Mack lands with the Jets, then Mac would be crazy not to draft 5-6 OLs in the next draft.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Pretty much. And he's 27. Prime of his career. We'll get at least 4 peak seasons out of him. Maybe 5.

You put Mack on this defense. It's one of those moves that changes everything in a division. All of a sudden Leonard Williams becomes a more dangerous player (he's one already)

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I guess my message wasn't clear enough.

1. Mac sends 2 1's to get Mack
    2. Jets start with 3rd round and on - package all of them to grab maybe 2 more players in the entire draft. Probably some high 3 and some low 3. Nothing fancy there - I am just throwing a bone here, to make it look ludicrous.

I will not be discontent even if that happens, as long as Mac gets Mack here in Florham park for a long term.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Who cares about next year's 1st round draft pick when you can land a multiple Pro-Bowl & multiple All-Pro freak of nature pass rushing QB Killer within the form of an NFL Defensive Player of the Year award winner in Kalil Mack @ only 27 years of age with that same 1st rounder? Not me.

Leonard Williams.
    Darron Lee.
    Jamal Adams.
    Marcus Maye.
    Trumaine Johnson.

We've already got a lot invested into these defensive players. And Mack makes them all better.

Might as well invest once more into a Defensive MVP in Mack who instantly takes all 5 players game to another level.​

That's only if you dream of a SB run .

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I skipped ahead from page 2, so if this has been discussed, then ignore. But any team that trades for Khalil Mack is looking at $20M/yr+ plus huge signing bonus. There's only ONE team in the entire NFL that has their Franchise QB under contract for the next 5 seasons AND enough jack to pay Mack.

There's only one team that the Raiders would even bother talking to.

If Carr gets dinged in the 3rd PS game and Teddy is lighting it up, it's on!

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The 49's , Lions, Redskins, Browns , and Bills all have their FQB for the next 5 years and the money to sign Mack.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We only carry 4 qb's when they're all expendable.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK, all is good. Be careful...you know what happens when one assumes :) ...I'm 64.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I never compared or equivocated the two in my post to you or anyone else. In my post to jonnyd I talked about not weakening one part of the team while trying to strengthen another, and about all the resources going to D rather than offense, but then you know that if you can read. I don't care if you disagree, but don't twist my words.

In my post to you I talked about protecting Darnold and that LT had to take precedence.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well all I know is by just having home grow drafted talent, is not enough to win a Super Bowl; or even enough to contend for one.

We're now sitting on more available salary cap space than any other Franchise. We just now drafted our Franchise QB. And now is the time for Mike Maccagnan to spash as our GM.

And there is no bigger NFL splash outside of the QB position than that of Khalil Mack.

Adding Mack does not weaken the offense either. If anything he immediately turns a Tod Bowles defense into an instant NFL title contender and also protects Sam Darnold will a defense that can protect him as he develops into a Franchise caliber signal caller.

Brady will be shitting bricks with Khalil Mack lining up as an OLB in a 3-4 defense behind Leonard Williams @ DE. That. Is an insane duo.

Brady or any other QB will have nightmares with just the thought of Mack & Williams opposite one another as pass rushers @ DE in a 4-3 base alignment. Nightmares.

With Khalil Mack as a Jet you will then see the true value of two #1 coverage corners on the outside in Trumaine Johnson & Morris Claiborne.

And with a fierce pass rush due to Khalil Mack you'll then see both Safety's in Jamal Adams & Marcus Maye evolve into All-Pro's right before our eyes as ball hawking hard hitters while either roaming center field, helping our CB's over the top and/or lining up within the box in order to smell out the run and blitz the QB.

No team can afford Khalil Mack more than our NYJets can as of right now. Maccagnan truly has us in great position after landing Sam. Now is the time to strike as a Franchise. We. As fans. Deserve it.

Use your cap space to shore up the Offensive Line. Scout talented RB's deep in the draft. Look for another OLB opposite of Mack moving forward and lord have mercy if it's a Fowler Jr type looking for another home.

We'll have a ton of cap space with or without Mack moving forward.

He just so happen to have the proven abilities to turn a defense with young potential and talent into a defense that becomes an instant NFL title contender.

Heck you give Darron Lee as an IMLB two animals in Khalil Mack & Leonard Williams to roam around and play alongside of and Lee himself as a 3rd year player then becomes an NYJ House-Hold name. Watch.

#172 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    SOJAZ likes this.
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Quoted for truth...

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Really? Never would have guessed that. The vigor that comes through in your posts led me to believe you are much younger.

I’m 35 FWIW.

15. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

No there is several reason why the Raiders aren't signing him yet. 1. There is no need right now . He's under contract , and can franchise at least two more years after that. ( he's going nowhere)
    2. They probably waiting till they move to Vegas( No state income tax) versus California( high state income tax) - where they save themselves a bundle of money.
    3. Amari Cooper has the same agent , and he will be playing on his fifth year option.( they cave with Mack, almost have to Cave with Cooper next year.
    4. Probably don't have the cash yet- waiting on Tv money
    5. Give Arden Key more Reps in camp, he would get if Mack was there

themorey and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

No one trading a premier pass rusher for a safety( no matter how good that safety is) . The Raiders don't need a safety , and they don't need defense lineman( have no need for L Wiliams).

The biggest question is at CB for them. G Conley has shutdown CB ability but has been very brittle. Missed most of his rookie year due to injury, and currently out for two more weeks with injury. For the Raiders to trade Mack( not doing it this year) they would have to get a top corner say someone like Jalen Ramsey.

The Raiders and Jets aren't a good match trade wise, and the Jets aren't competing this year. Wait till next year to draft their pas rusher.

The Jets have no chance to get K Mack, they could next year probably get K Osemele( beast) in a trade.( this is the kind of realistic trade to make, and it's all about protection Darnold.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That was in a response to another poster, as mentioned the core of the Jets is untouchable. I already put my offer earlier in the thread.

And they are not good at FS, Reggie Nelson is old as shit, and that secondary is awful in terms of pass coverage.

18. Niners,Browns & Bills yes.Are Alex Smith & Matthew Stafford still around in 5 years?Most likely no

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

QB’s cost more than any other position, in both draft pick value and salary. What a team would trade to get a QB doesn’t relate to a LB.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Stafford is definitely more likely to be around in 5 years than Allen. The history of the league is filled to the brim with 1st round QB’s who flame out before 5 years but proven QB’s are given long leashes.

TonyFtLaud likes this.