New Look to Fridays Broadcast....FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LF911SC, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

So wait, you are saying that this doesn't mean a VLT for the Jets this year?

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We can all agree that Ian Eagle is the man, which is all that really matters.

Mogriffjr, BrowningNagle and LF911SC like this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

A dog with a Jets T-shirt on. I think it was a bulldog.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard his analysis on NFL Network? I just can’t care that much about preseason games. At least Buttle is a dope that you can laugh at when it’s a bunch of guys who will be cut in a week playing in the fourth quarter of a meaningless game.

6. jetophile

Ian Eagle. Whatever. Here's my Bob Wichusen Story. One Christmas I get this Jets talking key-chain in my Christmas stocking. So I'm thinking, oh, cool, thanks! I pull it out of the plastic and ask, "What does it say? The Jets chant?" The old man goes, "I don't know, probably. Saw it in Modell's, bargain rack, thought you'd like it, something for fun." I press the button and - ready for this? Bob Wichusen shouts, "Doug Brien set to kick a 28 yard field goal just inside the left hash to send the Jets to the divisional round. The snap, the placement, the kick on the way! Good! And the Jets win it in overtime! Gang Green explodes onto the field! The final score 20 -17, and Marty Lyons, we're going to Pittsburgh or New England!" We stared at each other dumbfounded. "Who buys someone a fukking Christmas present like that?! WHAT THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUKK?!" "Hahaha, Doug Brien, only the JETS would make a key-chain like that in the first place! Hahaha!" I started shrieking like hell of course, because I just couldn't believe it. Bargain rack, immaterial. I wing it from the living room into the hallway. It hits the door-frame and bounces off the linen closet onto the floor. And then It starts malfunctioning . . .

"Doug Brien Doug Brien Doug Brien Doug Brien Doug Brien". "Oh, my GOD! Step on it! Kill it! Bash it with a hammer! Something, anything Make it stop!" The old man dropkicks it (excellent) and it goes KA-CHUNG! against the steam radiator in the bedroom and it finally shuts up. I'm laughing so hard at that point the windows are gonna shatter. "Gimme it!" I press the button again, and IT STILL WORKS. It's probably the only thing made in China - as in ever - that wasn't a total POS. Go figure. It's a good thing I didn't have any drinks in me, but it was only 8 a.m. A shame. And always remember, all of my stories are true.

NY Jets68, The Dark Knight and joe like this.
  7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Yes, he's good. A million times better than Buttle who's a total homer and shill. Not even comparable. He gives an honest opinion and isn't afraid to criticize. That's a start, he's going to be calling games. Have you ever heard him call a game, he's really good. Buttle was god awful.

Think we may want to actually listen to a game before declaring that he will suck as if it's a given, that's all.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This story is almost too funny and ironic to believe but if it is true.......just wow

9. I got something similar in the form of a bottle opener & it does the exact same Wischusen call.Couldnt believe my ears first time i heard it

10. jetophile

It's one hundred percent true. The irony is that stories are stories but a story can be a true story yet still be a story and be true. But yes, all of my stories are true.

11. jetophile

A bottle opener? A fckn bottle opener?! Hahaha, all the better to drink yourself to death with. LMAO. Only the Jets.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

I really don't care. It's the preseason and I stop paying attention to the audio about halfway through anyway. I don't like Becht on-air, that's all I'm saying. I found Buttle to be entertaining because of how dopey he was coupled with the fact that you're watching a game that means nothing between some 4th and 5th stringers who will be bagging groceries in a few weeks.

13. Gotta go to moes for that bargain bin

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

good news. TO me Buttle is the worst homer ever and rarely makes sense when asked a question. If you asked him 6 months ago about Hackenberg he would have defended him and make execuses. Never is honest. Anthony is good on EPSN college. I was hoping that got rid of Buttle on the radio also because that's where he's a complete ass. BTW, Dan Greca is real good, he's on Mad dog radio and SNY.

LF911SC likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

Am I really the only one who gets a kick out of Buttle? Maybe I should be taking preseason commentary more seriously.

Also I like Buttle on the radio on gamedays. He has no problem calling a player out. Maybe on TV he feels a different kind of pressure, who knows.

soh_vet likes this.
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am referring to the radio post game. He never answers a question directly his answer most times makes zero sense and he never ever criticizes the coach and makes execuses for everything. He’s not funny at all just a bafoon

LF911SC likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

I feel like we are listening to two different Buttle's. If you're referring to the fact that he's constantly picking the Jets to win, then yes definitely but that's also one of the things I fund funny and I also feel like everyone else is in on it because they laugh too. I've heard him criticize the Jets plenty.

Either way, this doesn't make a difference in my day.

18. LF911SC

Buttle? Criticize the Jets? Or a player? Really?

sec314 likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

I'll be honest I didn't see this conversation going much past like two posts so I'll just say that I take it back and Becht will be an upgrade over Buttle.

20. LF911SC

Lol