Oh Well Mack Headed to the Bears

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What would you give up in a trade for Khalil Mack?

1. Next year's 1st round pick

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. 2020's 2nd and 3rd round picks

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Package of players - please be specific

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Package of players and draft picks - please be specific

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Wouldn't trade for him

27 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not to be a stubborn mule about it but define "attainable" (does that mean "deplete the draft--break the bank" attainable)?

Again, I loved the guy ever since he was a one-man wrecking crew for the Univ. of Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio St. in Columbus but let's agree to disagree on this one.....I just think they have too many other fish to fry roster-wise.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

For better or for worse, this reminds me of the Sign Cousins vs Draft a QB debate here in February.

LAJet, TonyFtLaud, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Agreed

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am confused as to why Gruden and the Raiders are not talking to Mack though. What a crazy way to start your second tenure as a Raiders Head Coach. Let's alienate and potentially trade our best player! Odd.

I don't think he gets traded but of course I would love the Jets to get him.

CotcheryFan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I used to know somebody named Jihad back in high school. He was a drug dealer. That was prior to 9/11, however.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You don't trade LW

LAJet likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s because it is

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The War Against Drugs.

9. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I would. If Williams remains on the team i hope this year is the year...but he is not what he was in college.
    Although he is a good run defender im not sure he has lived up to his draft position.

10. 101GangGreen101

Leonard last year was pretty much playing pass rush by himself. Mack and Williams would be the perfect blend of off the edge pass rush and interior pass rush. They would be nearly unstoppable.

No way am I trading any of the core players (Darnold, Lee, Adams, Maye, Williams, etc) that were drafted under this regime.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

*picture gilbert gottfried yelling*

A guy's walking along the beach and he hears a woman crying. He looks down and sees this woman with no arms or legs lying on a towel. He asks the woman "why are you crying?" and she says "because I've never been kissed" .....so, he looks over his shoulder....then bends down and gives her a kiss and starts walking away....

He's walking away but now the woman's now crying louder....he stops, goes back and asks her: "why are you still crying?!!" and the woman says "because I've never been fucked" ....so the guy picks her up, carries her over to the edge of the water and throws her in and says: "NOW you're fucked!"

I'm still not making this trade.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. FJF

Man I don’t know, definitely not Sam but the rest? None of them give you what Mack does and their positions are easier to replace. Depending on the accompanying draft pick I wouldn’t say any player on the team is off limits in a Mack trade.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I voted for 2019's 1st.

But there is a big time risk in trading for Mack.

What if Oakland shipping him off to the lowly Jets really pisses this man off, to the point of wanting to test Free-Agency on his own terms?

Where he gets to pick and select which Franchise to play out his career.

He played ball in Buffalo but originally from Florida. Born & raised Florida kid. You never know, he could have lifelong dreams of returning home for the Dolphins, Buccaneers or Jaguars.

What if you trade for Mack and he, himself, doesn't want to stay in N.Y/N.J long term? You just lost a 1st & many more assets. For a rental. Who wants no part of this historically losing Franchise.

And I've asked 2x already. It seems like everyone is unable to answer my question. Salary Cap.

Right now we're ranked #1 heading into next offseason with more cap space than any other team right.

So. Say you trade for Khalil Mack. He then signs with the Jets long term right.

What would he do to our overall cap space?

Where would we then rank in available cap space in regards to other teams after his next big contract with NYJ?

14. FJF

Page 3, @TonyFtLaud answered you and quoted you when he did. Not sure how you couldn’t have seen it.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Kind of, yes.

Cousins was a mid to top level guy that was probably entering the tail end of his career and would cost $30-ish mil a year. Mack is an elite player in his prime.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It depends on the actual market for him. While on skill alone it would be a huge market, but once you factor in the salary cap it shrinks significantly. Currently only 12 teams can fit his 13+ mill salary in without cutting players or giving back money. Then add in the teams that would value him most are those with the space moving forward to sign him to a long term deal. The only way the Raiders get full value back with a month to go is let teams negotiate an extension so the know it’s more than a one season rental.

It’s a difficult situation to maximize value for the player.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

Depends completely on the accompanying draft pick cause I am not giving up a first rounder if I have to also part with Adams (even so I don't like the idea of giving up Adams). I already have to pay Mack too if I am Mac. Lee or Maye, if Gruden really wanted them, I guess I could make that work, depending on the picks, but it would really be twisting my arm. I would go into those negotiations with a cheap mindset in a way, not going to overpay too much for Mack even though he's a walking HOFer. It reminds me a little bit of the Carmelo Anthony situation with the Nuggets, Mack could still very well walk. You saw what happened to the Knicks after they made that trade.

Williams to me is untouchable. If I had to think of a few players I wouldn't trade under any circumstance, it's Darnold, Adams and Williams. I want to keep the core as much intact as possible.

BomberJet likes this.
  18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i really love jets fans.

first, any jets fan who says i dont want khalil mack is completely out of their ever loving minds. same group of people who whenever a topic comes up for a great player, have this strange response of no. Makes absolutely no sense.

Second, anyone who wouldnt give up our first next year for a presently elite player at a position of desperate need, is also out of their minds. Makes literally no sense. Why not? So we can draft a player we HOPE will be as impactful as Khalil Mack?

jonnyd and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I get this but seems like if we got a 2nd for Sheldon, who was on the last year of his deal, it would cost more for a much better player who doesn't have any baggage. Hopefully youre right

20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Very simple....they don't have the cap space to give him any more $. It's not that they don't want to...they are strapped for cash.