Jamal Adams knows- Bowles is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But the healing was underway, that doesn’t mean the team was totally cured.
    Truthfully this story is a bit overblown.

MoWilkBeast and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ummm overreaction? Adams somehow put a target on his own back, let him make up for it in terms of his play.

3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Well, he's basically put himself on the line with these statements and stepped up as a leader of this team. That's great, but he'll also be held to a high standard of play this year, and hopefully hold his teammates to a high standard as well. Nevertheless, it sounds like that's the role he wants to play this year. I certainly don't think his statement is an indictment of Bowles. While I've been critical of Bowles in the past, an excuse can be made that he inherited a locker room with the old culture. Now, in his fourth season he no longer has that excuse.

Leicester Jet, NYJetsO12, FJF and 2 others like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

By 2017 almost all the players on the team were brought in by Mac. So should we fire him too? Or is it just more fun to make Fire Bowles threads?

Red Menace, All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I used to think this way but I don't anymore. Leadership is not synonymous with on-field accomplishments or experience. It can be sure, and it helps with that, but its dangerous to think that they have to go hand in hand.

some guys are natural born leaders. Adams is one of those guys. The fact that he was rookie in the NFL is irrelevant. His leadership message here is a good one. It's time to be accountable when people don't give everything they have and its time to be pissed off with losing. This message needs to resonate. I don't care if it's Adams making that statement, Mcclendon (like the other day), or a 5 time probowler or a fringe practice squad guy. That message should never be snuffed out like Bowles just did with Adams.

I remember when Greg McElroy said similar things about this organization years ago under Rex. Everyone was like "fuck mcelroy" and playing it off as some dumb comments from a 3rd stringer. Possibly even myself included at the time. But ya know, Mcelroy was proven RIGHT. The fact that he was able to identify the problem and had the guts to speak up about it shows that he is leader. Regardless of how good he could throw a football.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think your perspective is the one that is wrong. They may have more experienced players, but those players aren't leaders. Adams was drafted as much for his leadership skills and attitude as he was his play on the field. They really don't have but maybe 1-2 players who are better. Adams took on a lot of responsibility and played several different positions last year and handled them all very well. I'm sure that the Jets are fine with his comments.

Maybe he tried things in the locker room first last year, and that didn't work. He's talking about the problem being in the past, not the present.

Leicester Jet and westiedog1 like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also calling out your teammates to the press isn't being a leader. Calling them out to their faces is being a leader. Calling them out to the press is being a douche.

BudJet and All Gas No Shake like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Either you keep both or fire both. Unless it's obvious that Bowles is to Darnold what Fisher is to Goff.

Red Menace and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. You don't know the circumstances and don't know if he "called out" any of his current teammates. Maybe he tried the private approach last season, and then spoke openly in the locker room and nothing changed. Maybe the only thing that created the change/improvement was Mac getting rid of those players. Adams was drafted as much because he is an outspoken leader as he was for his on-field play. I think the players that he called out are either no longer on the team or they have changed their attitude. He didn't single anyone out by name. Coaches sometimes use the media to deliver messages too. As long as they tried other ways first, I have no problem with coaches or team leaders using the media to try to correct problems/attitudes.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If he was afraid to tell them to their faces maybe.. But Adams sure as hell calls them out to their faces as well. Every sunday he's in everyone's grill. We are lucky to have him on this team. I wish we had 53 Jamal Adams'

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If anyone watched the 2016 Jets (One of the most embarrassing teams I have ever witnessed), you know what Jamal Adams is saying was true. He clearly has helped start to improve that in 2017 and it should continue in 2018. I don't even see a problem with him saying anything he said. He is a leader and called out people who weren't giving as much effort as they should. I don't think it was calling out Bowles. That's our job as fans! :D

12. FJF

53 in the box safeties?
    [​IMG]

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

we would lead the league in drops

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What is great about this thread, is champ did not even post the original article. Just posted an article about Adams' presser yesterday where he stood by his word. But what was it? Classic! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

15. FJF

In before the merge:mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Forgot the :mad: after the post. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wilkinson Sword! My Daddy used to use those razors, they were from the UK! That doesn't mean you're not an idiot! It's Wilkerson! Learn how to spell! And yes Wilkerson was a bum after he cashed in his chips! The Jets are idiots! Wilkerson always looked pregnant! Not fat! Pregnant! How does that happen! He's probably like that crazy Brit freak Hayden Cross who fell pregnant! What does that mean! How do you fall pregnant unless someone kicks a pregnant lady down the stairs!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Meh, on phone and they correct anything they want nowadays or I am a fat headed dunce, either way he was a lazy cunt once he got his cash :)

Wilkinson blades were the blades to use, in the old style razors back in the day.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  19. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Everyone is posting assuming Adams was correct in his assessment of the team. No one is considering the fact that he may have just been a hyped up rookie ready to conquer the world, just a thought to consider when posting.Defensive end Leonard Williams, now in his fourth season, said he doesn't necessarily see things the way Adams described in the interview, but understood that comments could come out wrong or be misconstrued.

I believe there is some merit to Adams assessment , however I think he may have blown it a bit out of proportion.

#59 BudJet, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Well if we're buying what Adams is saying that the attitude was horrible last year, but this year it seems to have turned around, clearly it isnt coaching. Some of the players let go (Wilkerson) must have been bad eggs.

I'm hoping for a big year from Adams. I was fairly underwhelmed with his play last year, and he seems to be talking a huge game this year.