Jamal Adams knows- Bowles is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

All due respects to Bowles, I think Adams came into the league with a pre conceived way he thought things should be, and some players ala Richardson & Wilkerson didn't live up to his standards. I think the '17 Jets ….except for Wilkerson played with plenty of energy. In fact that's one thing I liked about the team is they played hard & were in most every game. They could have gone the Suck for Sam route but they didn't. I like that Adams is becoming a leader on the team, but lead with your own actions and if your going to be vocal with the team, keep it in house. Adams is singing a different tune this year, "...playing with a lot of energy, the sky is the limit for this team"..., makes me believe the bad blood on the team is gone...to Green Bay:p

#21 BudJet, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    themorey, LAJet and FJF like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There’s so much dumb shit in this thread that I’m just gonna go ahead and pass on entertaining any sort of conversation.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Found what?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Adams would have more clout if he was good. But at this point right now he is not. He's basically a rookie popping off his mouth. You got McCown, Kearse, Powell, Enunwa all better than him and yet they said nothing close to what Adams is saying. Throwing the coach and your teammates under the bus will cause problems. You do that crap in the locker room not publicly.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the veterans are the ones slacking off. someone needs to hold them accountable. the coaching staff ain't. Adams was drafted for this reason, leadership. Good for him.

6. I wanna buy into Bowles i mean after 4 years kind of have no choice..but flashback to the timeframe Adams is referring to & god damnit if we werent made to think all of the “fat & happy” vet stuff had already been cleaned up especially after the disaster that was the prior season..

Its just to the point where how much more smoke surrounding this coaching regime are we gonna gloss over before we accept the fire??Theres Patience,reasonability & foresight & then theres just being DDB..

boozer32, NYJetsO12 and CBG like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're acting and pretending as if Jamal Adams is not coming off an outstanding/excellent rookie season.

Because he is.

You're acting as if Jamal Adams wasn't voted and selected for the NFL's First-Team All-Rookie Team @ his Safety position.

Because he was.

You're acting as if Jamal Adams (without a pass rush) didn't just record a combined total of 82 tackles, 6 Passes Defended, 2 sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles & 2 Fumble Recoveries (played/started all 16 games).

Because he did.

And last but not least you're pretending as if Jamal Adams didn't just finish top 5 in Defensive Rookie of the Year honors (behind only Myles Garrett, T.J Watt, Tre'Davious White & Marshon Lattimore).

Because that he did.

I guess unless you make it into the Hall Of Fame after only your rookie year, despite having a top 5 rookie campaign; you're now considered to be "not good".

I can't wait for Sam Darnold to make the 1st team All-Rookie team @ QB. And finish top 5 in Offensive Rookie of the Year award honors; but yet considered to be "no good" while heading into his 2nd season of play.

Weird.

And "just a rookie popping off at the mouth"?

That's weird too.

Because if that were the case the likes of Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan & Chris Johnson would've never agreed to select Jamal Adams as team/player spokesman while recruiting the likes of potential FA's such as Trumaine Johnson while at our facility.

They see a leader amongst men in this kid.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Huh?

9. With what do you need further clarification?The acronym DBB..Deaf,dumb blind??

By continuing to rationalize clear deficincies in this coaching regime arent we sort of just turning a blind eye & living in fantasy??

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I think what Adams is saying is what a lot us knew all along. There was a long history of losing being "acceptable" on this team that goes back decades. A lot of it is the FO's fault for not drafting and signing the right players. However, last year's purge of veterans was a step in the right direction and hopefully the rebuild will continue with the right players.

11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

When he makes some Pro Bowls, All-pro teams, wins a defensive POTY I'll care what he thinks. Same old problem ever since Rex arrived players, coaches that can't shut up when talking to the media pointing fingers etc.

He has no idea what he's talking about there were people myself included that thought the team had a real shot to go 0-16 before last season! Bowles did the best he could with what he was given to work with.

What are the expectations this season? Does anyone really believe the Jets will finish anywhere near a playoff spot with a. McCown at QB for a part of the season or b. a rookie QB starting all 16 games? GET REAL!

fansince90 likes this.
  12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

OP is calling to tank the entire season before the first preseason game has even been played......

Complete fail of a thread from a fraud fan.
    Should be closed and locked imo.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not sure you have the time frame correct. Adams was drafted in 2017. His first mini camps Richardson and mo wilk were both considered the best players on the defense and probably still had a lot of weight in the locker room. They were the first 2 people I thought of when I read his quotes

#33 FJF, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    BudJet and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. He's only speaking the truth.

But it's funny how harping fans are now attacking a kid for speaking up and talking in hindsight.

While ignoring all the positive stuff Jamal Adams has been speaking of throughout this offseason in regards to our offseason.

He's been bragging about our defensive ability and overall potential.

He's literally stepping up as a team spokesmen throughout the offseason in attempt to recruit NFL talent to the Jets.

He's been more of a "homer" than I've ever been.

But yet.

Where are his positive quotes?

Oh yea. Right.

Fans harp all over one "negative" remark while ignoring all of his offseason "homerism"?

Down right pahetic.

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. No ive got it lined up..and i def took the quotes to be directed at least partially at the aforementioned..but still not what id like to hear about a time when we all thought the healing was underway

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! HE has no idea what he's talking about? Right, and of course you do, you have insider information and/or were there and he wasn't. Check. If you don't care what Adams thinks until he makes some Pro Bowls, All-Pro teams or wins a defensive POTY award, then the problem is yours, not his.

I guess that we should use your rationale and that we shouldn't care what you think until you win the most valuable or most knowledgeable poster award.

Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The logic behind wanting to tank to get a coach fired is fatally flawed. Bad coaches don’t need to tank to get fired

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sorry. I've never heard that acronym.

I can see now that I'm dumb.

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Jets have better more experienced players than him who haven't felt the need to point fingers/throw coaches/teammates under the bus.

It's just another example that there is a problem with the culture of the organization.

Adams deserves to be fined.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Its all good.And no you are no dummy..