Kellen Winslow Jr. Faces new charges in San Diego

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TonyFtLaud, Jun 15, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Looking to invest in real estate, haha. He was on the prowl is my guess. Supposedly he told the po-po he was looking to a find a trailer in that trailer park community to buy as a new home for his mother-in-law. If it turns out that the 71 yr. old woman and 86 yr. woman old both live in that same trailer park, seeeeeee ya, wouldn't wanna beeeee ya.

2. jetophile

Murder could've very possibly been next. The attacks were between March and June.

Some years ago, we got a flyer delivered to our office by local cops that a sex offender was relocated a block next to us, what he did, his photo, the whole 9 yards. I thought maybe it was a revolting statutory rape thing between a 40 year old and a 15 year old (which is hideous enough). No. Turns out this guy sexually assaulted a 75 year old woman after serving 9 years. Climbed in her window, assaulted her, didn't even steal anything. All I thought of was my Grandma, who I loved with all of my heart. I believe in second chances, but Jesus H, F you.

EDIT & P.S.: That reads wrong. He raped a 75 year old woman and served 9 years for the rape, got released, we got notified. Sorry about that. I'm tired.

#22 jetophile, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Jeez. I'm going to stop tugging in Target car lots, it seems to be gateway masturbation for old lady rape.

Lock this guy up.

4. jetophile

What a bizarre turn. None of his victims could identify him, and one of them identified his attorney as her attacker. Eye witness accounts are notoriously unreliable, but wow, did he luck out if he did it, and wow did he luck out if he didn't. I think this comes down to a DNA battle between the defense and prosecutor about whether it goes to trial, but if the DNA points to him conclusively, game over.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/12/kellen-winslow-jr-s-rape-case-takes-odd-lawyer-twist/

I saw this crime show several years ago about a man who spent 7 years hard time in prison in CA after being convicted of rape and attempted murder (he got 25 years to life without the possibility of parole). He had never been in trouble in his life and it just didn't add up, even though his alibi - well, he didn't have one because he lived alone. He pretty much was convicted solely on flimsy circumstantial evidence and witness ID by the victim. His appeal was denied, but he wouldn't stop fighting. His attorney finally won to have his DNA run, and guess what? Surprise, it wasn't him. Full pardon, completely exonerated. Stuff like this scares the shit out of me.

What did wind up happening is that the DNA was a complete match to a violent serial rapist who was not incarcerated at the time of her assault. The victim was in deep denial and kept saying the test was wrong, so they ran it two more times at two other independent labs. Same result. She completely broke down. She asked to meet with him, and was sobbing how sorry she was and begged his forgiveness. He forgave her. I was floored by that. He said he didn't blame her, it was just a terrible mistake, he knew she had nothing against him, and that she just wanted justice. He hugged her for a long time and kept saying it's alright, I forgive you, and I hope you can find closure and rebuild your life.

Her actual assailant is never seeing the light of day, but yeah, I don't think I would've been as big as the man who was falsely accused. I agree she didn't do it maliciously, but sometimes prosecutors are so hungry for conviction rates they do some mighty f'd up and shady things. They will fight tooth and nail to make it stick and not have it overturned even though it's obvious they were in the wrong. And sometimes lying.

So, Kellen Winslow, Jr., we'll see how it plays out. Gonna be interesting for sure.

EDIT & P.S.: If I can manage to find the case I referenced, I'll post it. It was at least 10 years ago, though.

#24 jetophile, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was previously pointed out. When Winslow was allegedly leaving the trailer of the 86 year old victim, he was confronted by a neighbor.

‘I’m just looking for my dog,’ she recalled him saying.

I go, ‘What dog?’ and he said, ‘A red dog, Clifford.’

[​IMG]

How could anyone lose a dog that size?

FJF likes this.
  6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

True story about eyewitness IDs.

Defense counsel was defending a guy at a jury trial. The prosecutor asked the victim to identify the defendant in court, but she couldn't do it. He asked her about three times, even going so far as to ask the question while standing behind the defendant. She couldn't do it.

There's an old saying in the law that "he who stands well stands still." Defense counsel should have just shut up and moved for a directed verdict, but he was a bit of a hot dog. Instead, he was going to put on a show cross-examining the victim. "Now you don't see the man who this in the courtroom today, do you?" No,sir."

To get more dramatic, he asked the defendant to walk up the victim so she could get a real good look at him before saying she didn't recognize him. He got up and walked to the witness stand with a very distinctive limp. "Oh, my God," the victim shrieked. "It's him. I'll never forget that limp."

Oops.

NY Jets68 and themorey like this.
  7. jetophile

It's going to trial, so it made it past the preliminary hearing. There is something to this even though perp ID was nill. Fuckos walk, innocent people get shafted, but DNA will set you free. Unless you're Orenthal James Simpson and you didn't get buried under the jail because you're OJ.

If there is DNA evidence in either direction, bring it.

8. jetophile

No doubt he's a creeper. It's just so yecch. Just what yecch he gets convicted of has yet to be seen.

9. Since1969

10. jetophile

Holy Crap. Like I said earlier in here to TonyFtLaud, you don't become a rapist overnight. Is this a different allegation than the college rape case Tony mentioned that never went anywhere? Is Winslow depraved? Signs point to yes. The creepiest part is that serial rapists and serial killers often lead completely normal double lives. Wife, kids, family . . . victim hunting. There's something wrong with this guy, no doubt. I'm trying really hard not to be guilty of convicting him in my mind.

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Different case completely.

12. jetophile

Wow. Gross. Maybe she decided to come forward all these years later because he's in custody. Sounds like Winslow has a habit of threatening his alleged victims with homicide so it's not off the wall to infer that she was afraid. I wouldn't be surprised if something else comes out after this and adds to his rapey track record.

13. jetophile

According to this article, it appears the judge who initially denied him bail is now allowing him to post bail to the tune of $2 million. He could be released when/if he posts, but must wear an ankle bracelet. WHAATTTTT, why?! Taxpayer burden?!

https://m.investing.com/news/genera...ces-new-charge-rape-of-teen-1528338?ampMode=1

Oh, and also according to this article there actually is DNA evidence connecting him to the alleged rape of the 54 year old.

#33 jetophile, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

dude needed serious help a long time ago.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Dude needed to be put in prison a long time ago

16. jetophile

17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He's a fucking soldier.

19. Since1969

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

As a player was always known as a cheap shot artist. Graduated from commiting cheap shots against players to hurting innocent grandmothers who are defenceless. Once a coward, always a coward. He'll end up killing himself in prison as did Aaron Hernandez. Just too cowardly to face the hard time. A coward like this can't survive in prison. He goes from predator to prey. I loved my Gramma. I hope something very bad happens to this monster. I hope an HIV/AIDS infected inmate rapes him up the ass in order for him to die slow of Aids. Or kill himself because of it. Yes. I said it. He deserves to not live after hurting the elder.