Lets talk defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Maybe I am drinking the Kool Aid, but Maye & Adams are already impact players to me. They both played at a very solid level considering they were rookies, and I only think they go up from here. I feel very comfortable knowing they are anchoring that secondary. Not a concern for me at all.

tbruner12 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Who are we beating to get to a WC spot...this I gotta hear..please give me game by game breakdown

3. In the event we’re picking top 10 & we address those aforementioned needs in FA i could see us trading down to get back that 2nd rounder.With all the edge,DL/OL talent at top along w acouple QBs sure to jump up the big board wed be able to get a good package & still round out the Offensive Skills

Yankjetfan and Jay Bizniss like this.
  4. Jay Bizniss

Week 1 - @ Detroit - W
    Week 2 - Miami - W
    Week 3 - @ Cleveland - W
    Week 4 - @ Jacksonville - L
    Week 5 - Denver - W
    Week 6 - Indianapolis - W
    Week 7 - Minnesota - L
    Week 8 - @ Chicago - W
    Week 9 - @ Miami - W
    Week 10 - Buffalo - W
    Week 11 - BYE
    Week 12 - New England - L
    Week 13 - @ Tennessee - W
    Week 14 - @ Buffalo - W
    Week 15 - Houston - L
    Week 16 - Green Bay - L
    Week 17 - @ New England - L

10-6. Any questions?

tbruner12 and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Optimistic, but certainly plausible.

6. Jay Bizniss

All teams that we can def beat.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You know Jay I like your posts...but you are way off here son

Realistically I see 3 wins : Buffalo at home , an outside shot against the Browns and some other team that has struggled eg Indy or Miami.

Tenn almost made the playoffs ; Miami and Buffalo division toughies no matter home or away imo; Chicago will rebound with a good coach and young QB Trubisky ; Indy has healthy Luck and Denver a monster D...

Top that off with some hall of fame coaching from Toilet and Kacy ..and Sam will never play even in Garbage time

FTMR will Teddy stay on the field all season????

10 and 6 is just way out there in your imagination..wish it was true

8. Jay Bizniss

LeSean McCoy was my only concern with Buffalo, and he is gone. 2 wins there easy. Outside shot against the Browns? Its the Browns. Indy may give us a game because of Luck, but I do not think he will be in his grove yet, and their defense is atrocious. Miami I am not worried about in the slightest. Who is Tannehill throwing to? Tenn actually did make the playoffs, but only because the AFC is so weak. Chicago ehhh not sold on Trubisky yet. Denver's offense leaves a lot to be desired, and their defense is aging. Good but aging. In Denver I would have said thats an L, but we can beat them at MetLife. Sam starts Week 1 and takes us to our first playoff bearth in 8 years. Book it.

Lets revisit this at Halloween.

Mogriffjr and CotcheryFan like this.
  9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I can’t see 6 road wins. The Jets are a young team with a young QB and they’ve struggled on the road recently. Although they’ve been solid at home and I think they might steal a couple of the Home games you gave them losses in.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. Jay Bizniss

So out of Minnesota, New England, Houston and Green Bay... who do you see us beating? Houston is a maybe, I just can't see the other three.

11. Big Cat

The NE game is always close, Houston is very beatable, and GB/MIN are much better teams at home than on the road. I said in another thread I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Jets win 6 Home games and I’ll stick by that.

But 6 on the road is what I have a problem with. We lose some really weird away games and I’m sure we’ll rack up some more this year. Remember when we went to Tampa when Winston was hurt and Evans was suspended? Pitiful game.

12. Jay Bizniss

That is true. So lets swap 2 home games and 2 away games and we are still 10-6.

13. Big Cat

BTW, here’s a really good article (with tables) that sums up my point about the Jets Home-road split:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...-top-home-field-advantages-at-metlife-stadium

The biggest issue isn’t the winning percentage difference, it’s the point differential split. The Jets are very competitive in home games but routinely get clapped on the road. That really needs to change.

Also, the Vikings and Packers are both top 4 in Home-road winning pct differential, which is a good sign because we get them both at MetLife.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Last year we should have won 3 games, but McCown ruined our tank job by having a career year.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Realistically the Jets will win between 6-8 games. Still too many holes.....but they're on the right track.

16. Fantastic post.One if the biggest issues w this team is how horrible they are on the road.This needs to change before contention is a reasonable expectation

17. Big Cat

It’s really surprising considering MetLife hasn’t been the liveliest stadium given the team’s performance. You’d have to figure that if Darnold plays well it’ll energize the fans and make the home field advantage even stronger.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

Jets blitz far too much. We need an edge rusher to compliment Williams.

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

At the very least with improvement of some players and better secondary play we get more sacks until we get a guy or somebody emerges out there.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Agreed, don't have much of a choice right now. Hopefully the Jets can apply pressure from the interior. Adams and the secondary step up and can perhaps generate some turnovers.