Youth Thai Soccer Team/Rescue Attempt Continues

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m guessing take out pizza tonite.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's already in production. Not sure how they're going to be able to make Tom Hanks look Asian, though.

Anyway, wooo!!! It's really nothing short of a miracle, and I don't believe in miracles. I'm going to see if I can catch some news footage later. I want to see all of the cheering, crying, hugging, and back-slapping, why not. Again, the Brits who made the initial exploratory dive need to be internationally honored for this. Big time.

Hell of a way to try to score World Cup tickets, am I righhhhhht. It's a pretty damn happy Tuesday. Blessings to all involved in the rescue. You done good.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Jets fan, I’m wondering when someone’s coming to get us out of this pit of darkness and despair

FJF likes this.
  4. jetophile

^Don't get carried away.

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

So happy when I heard this. Throughout the last week they were saying this is like the Mount Everest of all dives and the chances of some of these kids dying while trying to get out was sky high. The fact that they are all out and the coach makes me thrilled. I really hope the diver that died gets tons of recognition and doesn't get lost in the shuffle of everything. That guy is a damn hero.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm happy and amazed everyone is safe now. I have to ask though: Is the Coach going to get in trouble? Getting your team trapped in a cave is not a great look. I also read parents didn't know where their kids were going. Seems suspicious. Everyone is safe now, which is all that truly matters.

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't think they will be making the WC Final. They will be in isolation for quite a while. You do whatever it takes to survive but drinking contaminated water for weeks and weeks is obviously bad for your health.

The coach much feel like a piece of shit right now considering one SEAL died bringing them supplies.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

It’s actually the bacteria from the bat guano that could be the issue, cave disease.

9. jetophile

On my idiot phone right now so I'll post a link later, but I can't believe some of the things that I've read. You can't make it up. One of the Australian divers is an anesthesiologist, and he volunteered to swim in and check the medical condition of all the boys and the coach to see if they were fit to get out. As of now, it's raining torrentially. If they'd waited even another day everyone would have perished.

He cleared them and gave the go-ahead and promised to stay with the ones who were left behind until he was relieved. Apparently he's a pretty brilliant guy, and what he decided to do was to mildly sedate them so they wouldn't panic in the water. It worked.

They got the last boy and the coach out at Zero Hour, and very shortly after that the last four Thai Navy Seals had to swim like fukk to get out under extreme physical duress. One of the water pumps suddenly failed and the cave and caverns started filling with water with astounding speed. A ton of air tanks and other equipment was left behind but they said frig it we gotta to get out of here NOW. They literally made it with only a couple of minutes to spare. Holy Shit.

And yeah, it turns out that Elon Musk did get very pissy that he couldn't steal the lime-light by having them use his submarine idea. He donated the sub to the Thai Gov't, but he didn't sound particularly gracious about being upstaged. In reality, there just wasn't enough time to consider using something experimental with time constraints being what they were so they went with their gut and they were right.

EDIT & P.S.: During all of this, the Australian Dr's father died, and he didn't leave. He stayed until his part of the operation was completed. He's on his way back to Australia as we speak.

#29 jetophile, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  10. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Not sure if the father was ill or it was sudden . Talk about making doctor Australian of Year.

11. jetophile

Some of the news is a little skewed, which is to be expected. He was told his father had died after the last person made it out and he emerged from the cave for the last time. He is a total badass, but also NUTS. Cave diving for fun, no, just no; but he was called on for his expertise, calm, an fearlessness. A lot of adrenaline junkies are also stupid and get killed and endanger others through their arrogance. Apparently not this guy.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/t...-cave-rescue-credentials-20180709-p4zqgv.html

I second that, but just make it Aussie of the Year. That works, too. Hell, make it both.

More:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/f...cuer-richard-harris-dies-20180711-p4zqsz.html

12. jetophile

NotSatoshi called it, I agreed, and it proved out (see last paragraph Post #29). We were both damn right about Musk. Musk just couldn't leave it alone over his bruised ego, though. I don't belong to Twitter, but I read what happened. Of course Musk deleted his insane Tweets, but he wasn't fast enough after he started getting some major fallout. To boil it down, some of things he said about his contribution to the rescue as well as other things about the rescue were 1) fabricated 2) petulant 3) delusional 4) baselessly self-important 5) lies.

One of the professional British divers (hero) who was integral in mapping the cave lives in Thailand 6 mos. out of the year, and was highly instrumental to the rescue's success. Musk belittled him that he was just some expat who essentially did nothing, he didn't see him in the cave, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about and . . . wait for it . . . he's a pedophile. Which was to imply, ya know, that's why white guys go there, to take advantage of the child sex trade. Then he followed that up with he'd bet his money on it that it's true. WTF?!

This was all in response to the British diver pointing that the sub would've been a complete failure based on the sharp corners and extremely narrow passageways in some sections that could ONLY be navigated by direct human diving AS TO NOW. He also called him an attention hound and that he could shove his submarine. Initially this diver kept his mouth shut and didn't saying anything remotely malicious but apparently got sick of Musk's grand-standing and no-one-appreciates-how-important-I-was-to-this-effort wah so he called him out. Musk's response? The diver is a nobody and a pedophile. OK.

So, yeah absolutely a PR/publicity stunt, and he was pushing it because he wants his stock to go up in the financial market. Tesla ain't doin' so great right now, btw, so that easily explains part of his ego stroke. Ha, the joke's on him because the British diver had it up here with his latest stunt and is considering suing him for defamation. Elon Musk is officially a tool.

On a good note, all of the kids are doing great and may go home on Thursday. : )

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And, on another good note, the British diver may sue Musk for defamation. That will be settled quicker and quieter than Disney did when their alligator ate the kid.

14. jetophile

Elon Musk is going off the deep end. Looks like this egomaniac may soon wind up like Papa John. Why the hell is he bringing up unsubstantiated pedo claims again? Just because he hasn't been formally sued for defamation yet? He says the diver is a pedo (who actually didn't dive on this, but was critical in mapping it), then retracts it and apologizes, and then calls him a pedo again. Musk creeps me out. He has beady eyes. I suspect he's unwell and is hopped up on speed or who knows what. He just sounds unstable and that he's cracking under pressure. Why the F people live on social media and shoot themselves in the face in the process is beyond me. For whatever reason, Musk can't let it go that someone told him to go scratch his ass.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Did someone say something stupid on the internet? Holy shit. We’re talking Halley’s Comet type rarity here.