Jets podcasts.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jul 10, 2018.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was wondering how many of you listen to jets podcasts on a regular basis and which ones. I listened to a few the last couple of years but now I am up to 14 weekly ones. And most of them are not by the jets or sny. They are by jet fans and are fantastic and get better and better. Names are: Turn on the jets. Play like a jet. Jets factor. Let’s talk jets. Jets nation. Jets take. Locked on jets. Jets factor. Jets kingdom. Stick to the jets. Jets stream. Jets zone. Official jets podcast

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Spotify is my #1 app for music, and they have some decent podcasts so from time to time I listen to "Locked on the Jets"

#2 101GangGreen101, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. Turn on the jets & jets kingdom ive listened to a few times.They do a good job & its somewhat entertaining. The production leaves alot to be desired & its become too saturated. Like Trixter & Tyketto did to glam metal.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should try some other ones. Play like a jet is excellent. Kingdom has been around a long time and those guys are skating. Play like a jet has a new one out tonight.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I mostly listen to locked on Jets and sometimes play like a jet. Locked on Draft is a fun one if you enjoy following prospects.

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I like the guy from Locked On Jets but the podcast is lackluster due to the constraints of having to make multiple shows a week. That's hard enough to do when there's games being played and plenty of material. Though in his defense, I just started this year in the off-season I'll be giving him another go once preseason starts and I'm sure it will be much improved.
    So I listen to The Jet Stream and it's enough to scratch the itch. At least on the The Jets Stream they stay on topic, I've listened to some of these other podcasts that make me cringe how they all talk over one another in this unintelligible garble in their sub-par audio equipment while managing to never stay on topic.

RIP to the New York Jets CouchScouts (cue Taps). Peter and Gio had by far the best Jets podcast out there, damn shame they decided to move on. I'll be honest, when I'm in my Stitcher app I always scroll over at the NYJCS logo hoping there's a new episode and they're making a comeback.

#6 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Never heard of that Podcast, bummer. Play like a Jet is very professional and has good audio. Albert Breer on again this Friday.

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

NYJCS Podcasts
    Twitter

Maybe it's just me being the eternal optimist but who knows, that might make a comeback this year... *cough cough*

9. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I’ve listened to Turn on the Jets a few times and they were all good listens so far

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Turn on the Jets has numerous Podcasts with different names. They have become a jet network. Play like a Jet has a great 3 part podcasts with albert Breer on the Jets getting darnold.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I like to argue with them on Reddit

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Let's Talk Jets is probably my favorite. I like the way the hosts interact with the callers and actually care about their opinion. It's way better than any mainstream radio sports show. I try to catch that one every week.

sec314 likes this.
  13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I think a lot of these podcasts could be much more successful than what they are but the majority of them have one or two major flaws that could be easily addressed.

1) The audio quality sounds like they're using a really cheap cell phone or the original mic that came with their Gateway PC back in 1997. There are plenty of quality mics on the market for under $100 like the Blue Yeti which is also USB plug and play. There's options even cheaper than that and you wouldn't even take too big of a hit on quality and come out with 2-3 mics for around $100. Just seems strange that you would be willing to devote so much time and effort to making something knowing the audio is so poor. It's like taking the time to write a novel on papyrus when can get a pack of paper for a little bit more.

2) This second one is more of a personal preference but it just seems unprofessional. That's when these guys go completely off the rails bickering and arguing or start talking about completely unrelated non-football topics for long periods. Or they just kind of blunder through different topics with no set order or scheduled delivery. I know the way that's worded makes me sound uptight, but it's more so the frequency/duration at which it happens than the fact that it happens at all. Here's an example, I won't say which Jets podcast it was but I was listening to it the other day and in the middle of a conversation with a guest on one of the hosts asked the other host to respond to a question he had asked and that host replied "I didn't hear anything you just said I was browsing Twitter". He was very cavalier and unapologetic. So if one of the hosts doesn't care about their own podcast, why should I?

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The audio volume between hosts and guest/ callers is what kills me. Your turn up the volume to hear a guest and then the host talks and it’s loud as shit. Some are worse then others but that’s my main complaint about most of them. Let’s remember these guys do this for free and don’t have the best equipment. I find half of the podcasts as professional as any network show and the others range from ok to pretty shoddy. Lots of choices now a days so just stick with the good ones. Stick with the jets is great audio and very professional

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That’s the one podcast that’s a call in show. They ask the caller questions and actually let the caller respond unlike ny sports radio. And the podcast is over 2 hrs every week and they have guests. There are audio issues and the sound bites are annoying as hell but overall these guys are funny and passionate and knowledgeable about the jets

Sam Hammer likes this.