Youth Thai Soccer Team/Rescue Attempt Continues

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Jul 6, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I can't believe there's no thread on this. I posted about it in the World Cup Thread, but then decided it was deserving of its own. Post #118: http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/2018-world-cup-russia.90706/page-6#post-3705344

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...-without-using-diving-gear-official-says.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-06/elon-musk-sends-spacex-to-help-rescue-thai-soccer-team/9950934

The things that I've read about this and the absolute terror these kids must be living through - especially since by all accounts they can't swim, I just try to focus on the fact that they were found alive. One Thai Navy Seal perished (how selfless can you get), and it's a race against time to get them out. Why in the HELL this soccer coach said, hey, Adventure Land - apparently he's taken the kids there before - would decide to do so when seasonal rains were approaching is nuts and beyond stupid to me, but that's immaterial right now.

They're basically living in their own pee and crap, having auditory hallucinations, malnourished, sensory deprived, have no clue if it's day or night, oxygen is being pumped in but depleting, and time is running out. The water levels are due to rise again. Every solution that the international community came up with was looking less and less viable. The water in the caves is murky, you can't see even with lights, and the kids would panic and make everyone including the expert divers drown if they tried to swim out. That's what it was coming down to, swim or die, or swim AND die. Now they're desperately trying to drain the water before monsoon like rains hit tomorrow.

This is thing nightmares are made of. Much respect to the world coming together on this. I hope they don't lose anyone else. RIP Saman Kunan. Getting a hero's burial as he well deserves.

[​IMG]

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was reading about the Seal who died, they were saying he passed out. I hope it wasn't just an error from someone mixing his tanks wrong.
    We have some underwater caves near me that at least 1 or 2 people a year die in, I understand the whole thing about wanting to check out these places but putting a bunch of kids in danger is beyond stupid.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's cool to hear that Elon Musk sent in their tunnel construction team to help with the rescue. I hope they are able to get them out.

4. jetophile

This is almost like when there's a state of emergency re: the weather. Bad snowstorm, hazardous conditions, STATE OF EMERGENCY! STAY OFF THE ROAD! EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO MAY HAVE TO TRANSPORT PATIENTS TO A HOSPITAL VIA AMBULANCE, HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS, STAY OFF THE ROAD! YOU WILL BE ENDANGERING OTHERS!!! Meanwhile some jackass always just HAS to go out for a carton of milk after ignoring the the warnings, gets stranded and says help me. Rescue workers die because of idiots like this. Then we're all supposed to marvel at how many toes and fingers they lost from frostbite and how they barely survived.

That coach has to be in some type of trouble if some of them, all of them, or none of them make it out of that cave alive. They are doing exploratory drilling, but there was some rain, and the clouds are ominous.

5. jetophile

Four children confirmed rescued. Even if not everyone makes it out alive - if Mother Nature decides not to be a bitch - the Brits who did the initial navigation to place the guide line to the cave ledge expecting to find dead bodies to return to their families all deserve medals for bravery. Murky water, in the dark, you can barely see your hand in front of your face, no, just no. Their names better get top billing no matter the final result. The rain held off momentarily, and apparently they got the water level low enough where the first four kids were able to walk out in chest high water, no clue what happened in the narrow parts. Fingers crossed.

I love Thai food, and if everyone makes it out alive, I'm making the hottest green curry with coconut milk (heavy on the basil) the world has ever seen in celebration. Thai food at its best makes you sweat bullets. If you say hot, you better be prepared to have so much sweat in your eyes that your vision is blurry. Just make sure you splash your face to get rid of your sunscreen first. What was this about again? Cave rescue.

6. jetophile

A total of 8 confirmed out, rescued and alive. 5 more to go. If this doesn't get turned into a movie, then I'm a Monkey's Uncle.

7. The Waterboy

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

We don't know the whole story, of course, but how they would play the coach in a movie would be interesting. Was he reckless, foolish, or just unlucky? Has he been heroic since they were trapped, or cowardly? Will there be some government bureaucrat who ends up being a bad guy, needlessly causing delays and problems? The heroes are obvious in this story, but who are the villains?

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I could be dead wrong about this but I feel like Musk is doing it for advertising and/or attention. Those kids will all be out long before he is able to have something built.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

There is literally no problem in the world Elon Musk can’t solve.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Cool - where the fux my flying car?

12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

FIfa offering tickets to final to the boys

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Get those kids out...

Who plays the main lead in the American version...I got Denzel...He gunning hard for that other Oscar.

15. jetophile

I let someone else say it. Being born jaded, I know he means well, but definitely a publicity stunt.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How about making money by selling battery operated cars?

17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Dude, that is hardcore fucking survival right there. I hope all those kids go to the WC final and enjoy it.

18. The Waterboy

Ten boys now out, two plus the coach to go.

19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

All 12 kids and the coach are out safe.

Incredible.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Gonna make a hell of a movie

jetophile likes this.