2018 World Cup (Russia)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jun 15, 2018.

1. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I think Belgium wins the World Cup, which would be cool, as they have never won it before. France is good but I think Belgium will edge that match, they are a more veteran team and well-balanced. On the other side of the bracket, I wouldn't be surprised by anything, even Russia advancing to the semi, but I expect an England/Croatia semi.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

The best football playing teams are Belgium and Croatia. France is extremely physical. I expect one of those 3 to win the Cup. Sad not to have any South American teams in the semis.

The Dark Knight and Walt White like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

England moves on and my prediction remains in tact! :cool:

Now does Croatia dominate like I expect, or does Russia get another upset? We will see!

Brook! likes this.
  4. Brook!

Happy to see England thru. Our friends on the other side of the pond should celebrate like nobody’s business :)

Now onto Russia. Rooting hard for Croatia. Two things. I hate Putin. He is the life blood of Turkish dictator Erdogan. Second, I traditionally root against home teams in these tournaments. They get special treatment from FIFA and for me World Cup starts when home team is eliminated. Fuck Russia and the home of doping infested athletes.

Walt White likes this.
  5. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

My celebration is muted compared to the Colombia game. The win on penalties meant so much, today was a secure and calm performance. Happy!!. Now for Croatia or Russia in the bloody World bloody Cup bloody semi bloody final!

Bloody hell.

Brook! and MoWilkBeast like this.
  6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Wow, one match away from actually being in England when they're playing the World Cup Final. When I saw the schedule I never thought that that was a possibility.

donkey and Brook! like this.
  7. Brook!

7 minutes left. Hopefully bye bye Russia, fuck you Russia.

8. Brook!

Dang it. Spoke too soon. 2-2

9. Brook!

Croatia thru.

England vs Croatia
    France vs Belgium

If France and Belgium weren't playing each other they would probably be playing in the final. Regardless. Rooting for Belgium and England. Let's see.

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So the darlings of the tourney, the hometown and worldwide favorites, those scrappy Russikies got knocked out to those roided out Croats.

Looks like now everyone is rooting for France.

FJF likes this.
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

These have arguably been the four most impressive teams from the get go.

The Dark Knight, donkey and Brook! like this.
  12. Brook!

Except England. Nothing special about them if you ask me. Out of all remaining teams I want them to win though.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The reason I'm going to be in England is for a conference, and I have many friends who will be at the conference who are either English or Belgian. It would be amazing if those teams were playing each other, so that's what I'm rooting for. (Very few French people I know will be there, and no Croatians.)

Also, I just think Belgian people are generally nicer than French people, so that one is easy. I don't really know any Croatians, so I have no reason not to root for England.

Brook! likes this.
  14. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

England v Belgium will be practically a Tottenham intrasquad scrimmage! ;)

15. The Dark Knight

I am so pissed! I had to go to my niece's 1st birthday party today so I DVR'd Croatia-Russia and since it went to OT, my DVR cut off at the 114th minute, right when Russia tied it 2-2. Hopefully they replay it because I would love to watch the rest. Amazing tournament!

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol. I've done that too. gotta extend the recording when you set it. I'll still forget tho. :confused:

They're both on later tonight on FS 1 & 2. But my guide doesn't specify which games they are.

The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  17. The Dark Knight

Thanks! Yeah, I was able to watch it this morning. I just DVR'ed everything that said World Cup and hoped one would be Russia-Croatia and luckily it was. Great game and finish! France-Belgium will be great and England-Croatia has potential too. Can't wait!

Walt White likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's what you get for going to a first B-day party for a kid who won't remember anything about it. Uggggggh, the horror. I really hate stuff like that, and forget about Baby Showers, Christenings, and Bridal Showers. I refuse unless I have a gun to my temple. Baby Showers. I'm obligated to give you something because you decided to get knocked up and now you have your hand out because of it and I owe you something? I'm EXTREMELY generous to a fault even in tight times and I always do the right thing, but c'mon. I've sent high end gifts and cash that I could barely afford. Why is my presence even required, just take the gift and shut up. Isn't that the point for the most part?

I'll never forget when my bro-in-law's first child turned two. We were TOLD what he was getting: a backyard playground/swing set/slide set up that all of my old man's siblings were requested to buy and split the cost by five. We wound up taking the brunt of the deal. I got reamed by my SIL on the phone a couple of weeks later because I didn't call to wish her son a happy second birthday (I didn't go to the party). You're insulted that I didn't CALL your son for his second birthday? Are you kidding me?! HE'S TWO, HE'LL PROBABLY ONLY SEE ME THREE TIMES TOTAL IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE, AND HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW MY NAME. He's going on 14, has only seen me three times, and he still doesn't know my name. I should've asked for my $425 bucks back.

What was this about again? The World Cup. Right.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’re his crazy aunt,aren’t you?

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Too bad: we were THIS CLOSE to a possible repeat of the 2016 Euro Cup Russian Ultras - English Hooligans shit show.

Assuming that soccer blows (which it does) and FIFA's corrupt (which it is) and that Russia represents sleeze (its middle name), what's left to root for?

Just the other day a British reporter covering the World Cup was drugged (sound familiar?) and robbed by two guys from Moscow. http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wor...up-reporter-robbed-in-moscow-two-men-detained

Only thing left now is some blowback wilding in "no-go-zone" Molenbeek, Belgium should France piss on them. Here's hoping.. . . . . . :D

Brook! likes this.