ESPN Comments Section Gone

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Since1969, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

It looks as if ESPN has eliminated its Comment Section after individual articles.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...can-help-jets-scratch-seven-year-playoff-itch

What are those geniuses in Bristol thinking? The comments after the articles were usually more entertaining than the articles themselves, and often more insightful.

It also looks as if ESPN is dramatically cutting back on the number of articles about our local teams.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

CBS Sports has suspended comments several times over the years (including right now), since the comments would inevitably descend into insults at best and blatant racism and homophobia at worst. I suppose ESPN is concerned about the same thing.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Jeff, I would think the same thing, except for the noticeable decrease in content over the last few months, but you may be right. Just as another example, ESPN is running Associated Press accounts of Yankee games instead of something by an ESPN beat writer. A few years ago, they had two Yankee beat writers (Matthews and Marchand).

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The comments are always better than anything there is. I say bring on the homophobia and racism so idiots can get beaten to death with verbal baseball bats. What a wuss move. People are so overly sensitive when it doesn't fit their parameters of what's offensive, and it's best to just let people duke it out with reasonable comebacks. I loved when that idiot Seattle fan years ago - and I'm talking years ago - made an awful joke about 9/11 and the Jets and carried on about it. I get irreverence, but it was just bad, because the thing is, he meant it. He got blasted into the next dimension. We all know true hate when we see it.

I guess I can't say Mick Spic Kraut Guinea Chink Polack Potato Eater Cheap Jew WOP greaseback Squarehead White bread honky Nigger lover anymore. Oh, well, such is life.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Oh, I don't doubt at all that they're looking to cut costs - if it wasn't for subscriber fees they would be out of business, and those are going to shrink dramatically as Disney decides they're not looking to spend $2 billion on crappy NFL games or $1 billion on baseball games or $1 billion (or more) for the college football playoffs. And in truth, what possible need is there for ESPN to have beat reporters? Does anyone go to them for detailed coverage of their favorite team? Their sports business is live games and highlights, and the rest is all of the nonsense of supposed experts yelling at each other. It's all small potatoes other than the live games.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

They just don't like when commentators call out reporters for crappy articles. I got banned from the comments once for saying something like that in a Cimini article. This is typical of today, however. The best way to get rid of controversy is to just censor it all.

The problem is that espn didn't take into account that comments attract website hits so arguments in the comments = $$$ for them. It will probably be back soon when they realize that how much money they are losing.

#6 Sam Hammer, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Brook! and Since1969 like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No matter how bad that comment section was, it couldn't have possibly have been as bad as the old NYDN message board. That place was truly Sparta. It was the wild west NYC style and they had to shut it down.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Bummer, I liked calling out cimini when ever he put out stupid shit

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah like every comment section started with a regular guy pointing out a grammatical or factual error. Instead of fixing their shit they just delete the comment section. Typical ESPN

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hahahah...so did I. I went after Cimini mercilessly around '11-'12. I readily admit I was extreme, but extreme was called for with that dipshit. Thankfully I stopped paying attention to most of that crap in the media and have hardly read or watched anything from espn in years now. I really can't stand the Florio's and Cowturd's anymore, let alone the stupid morning tv shows and stuff like that.

11. Cman68

I'm sorry, but some of the dames they have on ESPN TV can get anything they want... :)

FJF likes this.
  12. jetophile

Well, helllllllllllloooooooooooo Fake Steiny! ; )

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I don't even know who they are anymore. Lol.

Justine Ward and Taylor Rooks on SNY is enough for me :D

stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  14. Cman68

Justine ward.jpg
    taylor-rooks-14.png

Point taken...

stinkyB and Walt White like this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Antoinetta Collins: hot tamale who's thick and rich like Heinz 57 ketchup.
    [​IMG]

Dianna Russini, guidette from the Bronx: face could stop a clock; tits and ass could stop traffic
    [​IMG]

#14 joe, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    stinkyB, matt robinson 17 and Cman68 like this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Idiots at ESPN bringing back dinosaur Chris Berman and his hilariously lame nicknames Curtis My Favorite Martin......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....and you wonder why ESPN sucks

Brook! and FJF like this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Seriously?
    I used to really like Berman BACK in the day.... he was original (at first) and a JETS fan, but now?!?!?! Sorry "Boom", you need to go BACK BACK BACK BACK .... into retirement.

If not, at least lose the few horribly dyed pieces of hair combed over your head and "Mr. Clean" that dome like a man :D

Brook!, FJF and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1960's?

19. jetophile

vs.

Who's the victor?

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I never cared for ESPN's articles, always went straight to the comments section. Now I don't have to go past the headlines... good :)

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  21. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Went to HS with her, graduated same class. She's from Bergen County, NJ.

Brook! likes this.