One Jets Drive (documentary)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Certain guys fit certain markets & sometimes its an unspoken intangible sort of judgement. Of the “big 4” for whatever reason it never seemed like Darnold “fit” the Cleveland market & all that job entails. Hes a humble kid who wants to earn respect in a natural manner.Cleveland seems to need more of the in your face force the issue type of QB.This fits Mayfield perfectly.

Something happened at Darnold’s visit to Cleveland bc it was immediately after which they were suddenly going in a different direction.I think they wanted him to stake his claim to be drafted in a bombastic empassioned manner & thats just not Darnold.

Its kind of strange to think that the Browns passed on the kid based on intangibles when his intangibles are off the charts.

Brook!, NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D That is exactly why they are a mess of a franchise right now. "Sam is too cool and calm. We need a player to get this fan base jacked up and excited!" Terrible logic that the Jets have actually used for years too. They don't realize that winning is all it truly takes to get a fan base excited. I read somewhere that the Browns are selling more Mayfield jerseys than the Jets are selling Darnold jerseys at the moment, so I am sure they are happy with the pick. ;)

Brook!, NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. Im with ya about the browns. And i know it was a taken out of context made for TV moment but Dorsey calling Mayfield to tell him he was going to be the #1 pick was like a well to do father rushing in a pizza order for the baby sitter before Friday night on the town. Seemed so rushed,aloof & hectic.

Theyd known they had the#1 pick since last December & knew they wanted a QB..why did it seem like if the pick had happened 10 minutes sooner/later or the lighting had been different that the pick couldve been someone else? Just a really strange dynamic all around.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Jets media/production department is top fucking notch.

Leicester Jet and Brook! like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Hopefully their on field play will be too in the near future.

donkey, Brook!, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The way it looks right now, the Jets pulled off a coup by drafting Darnold. He seems to have huge potential to be a star in the NFL. Mayfield also seems great, but there's a chance his relatively small size will hurt him. It's ironic in that it's usually the Jets that seem to pass on great players in the draft (Marino and too many others to name) and end being the losers. Maybe the tables have finally turned. Also, as others have mentioned, I can't believe the Giants took a RB instead of Darnold or another top QB! Seems like a bad move to me.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

If you don't have a conglomo spymaster Facebook acct, is there any other way to view this? Can I just sign in to my Jets account (it's still there, even though I bailed), or must I sign up to FB and have that slimy weasel Zuckerberg who just got pinched again for selling user information spy on me even more even though I never belonged to FB?

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

As a video production manager, I have to disagree here.

The audio and video for the latest One Jets Drive was out of sync for me. I restarted the video 4x and closed my browser and reloaded and got the same thing.
    I've also seen this on many of their YouTube videos as well.

In my world, out of sync video is a cardinal sin.

Content-wise, they are clearly investing more time than before.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Let's not forget Rosen and Allen. They could also be great.

We'll see what happens with all of these QB's but Sam was my choice and everything I've seen of him since draft day supports my gut feeling about him. I'm very happy.

Bowles Movement and dmw like this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A good watch, when do they get released ?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Yea I agree with the audio. I actually thought it was my device but you are right, it's them. So yea they have some work to do. But reminds me of a mini hard knocks. Room for improvement but doing a darn good job.

GQMartin likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed. Odd. I wish them and Mayfield the best though. Hopefully he plays well and makes them a contender and Sam does the same with the Jets.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The first 3 episodes are on the Jets You Tube channel now. They seem to wait about 48 hours before putting them up there.

jetophile likes this.
  14. jetophile

Thanks! Will check out.

15. jetophile

Just watched Epidsode 3: The Call. OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD, it's been re-confirmed that I haven't been this deap-seatedly (if that's not a word, it needs to added to Merriam Webster) excited since er, since er, since, er - I can't remember! Sure, I've been excited before, but I'm tellin' you all, not like this. I just can't get over Darnold's maturity level and he's also built like a rock with some baby fat thrown in. Rosen, Schmosen, yeah of course you want the guy who gives you the best chance to win, but I'm not completely convinced it's him. It's kinda like when you need serious surgery. You want the guy who is the most skilled and can save your life, so even if he has a horrible bedside manner, you ignore it for the sake of the bigger picture. Well, if you can have a guy with the same skill set but he's also Mr. Rogers, Mr. Rogers for the win, thanks (tangent, what else, I'll be seeing the new documentary on Fred Rogers, sounds fantastic). Anyway, add to the fact that the human body doesn't completely stop physically maturing/growing until age 22, so there's also that. Trivial and absolutely irrelevant, but I'm also highly partial to red/especially auburn hair, so the pick makes me even happier for a completely meaningless reason.

Time and experience has taught me to never get my hopes up too high when it comes to the Jets, but no way Darnold crashes and burns. I'm just not feeling it, and also just because I say so. I'm gonna go nuts the first time he steps on the field. More nuts the first time he takes a snap. Even more nuts than that when he completes his first NFL pass. Tell what I want almost more than winning. I want the Jets to turn into a team to be feared. Alright, alright, take it easy, jeto; but Holyshitgoddmamnit, GO JETS!!!

Oh, wait, before I forget, when they went to fan phonecalls and Michael Kay goes, "Let's go to Jose . . "When it happens . . . WOW! I can't believe it just happened to us!" Hahaha, you know it. Here's to Sam Darnold becoming the King of New York. Waiting for some clown and/or hater to chime in don't you mean the King of New Jersey. King of New York, fukk off!

Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Vacation? What vacation? Sam out in the heat the day after the 4th of July.

Is it just me or does his release look more compact every time I see him? I know the coaches told him it’s not a concern but it seems like he’s taking it upon himself to tighten it up. I read before the draft that every time he passes a mirror in his house he stands in front of it and mimicks loading the ball with a tighter release to try to change his muscle memory.

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Darnold and White Lightning already forming the greatest duo in Jets history

FJF and Walt White like this.
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I mean if you're going to be in, might as well go all in.

I went all in when I bought the 350$ Darnold jersey.

Brook!, NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I've noticed it too in the minimal amount of camp clips I've seen. Will def get a better idea on the 28th when I'm in attendance at camp.

Big Cat likes this.
  20. jetophile

$24.99 Kerry Rhodes, Santana Moss, Thomas Jones, iron on decals Modell's Boys XLarge. That's how I roll. I can always go old school and put masking tape over the name and numbers and write it in with a Sharpie. To anyone who has never done that, I pity you and you haven't lived. You're also not very frugal or financially responsible.

FJF and GQMartin like this.