Lyin' JETS FO!

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by jetophile, Jun 24, 2018.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Giant fans don’t bitch about the stadium n psl because there team wins the occasional super bowl and for the most part they know what they r doing. If the jets ever start winning consistency and have home playoff games Home Depot stadium will seem just fine. It’s the product that’s the issue. I would watch a winning team at downing stadium.

Jay Bizniss and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

For all your asinine comments how do you know where is sit. Or of I pay PSLs.

You came to a Jet forum to insult a STH? Only to make a fool out of yourself? Move on to something different.

3. LF911SC

That's me tough guy. That hurts, lol.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I agree that the product is the main problem but even if they were winning Super Bowls, MetLife stadium is a complete embarrassment considering what else was built around the league around the same time. The fact that you build a stadium in the Northeast without a roof is embarrassing. And the outside of it looks like a stack of CDs or Campbell Soup can. Not to mention, East Rutherford is a shit hole in and of itself.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

there is a lot wrong with the stadium.

The problem more than anything is that if you share a stadium you ought to at least get something nice. 2 fanbases getting raped by ownership and they come up with this crappy ass stadium? there is nothing endearing about it. its an expensive, cookie cutter piece of shit

look at Indianapolis of all places... They built their stadium around the same time. A unique downtown stadium that is so nice and versatile it hosts multiple superbowls, college football championships, the scouting combine, final four basketball, we could go on and on. and despite the fact that all those events lends itself very well to a PSL, they didn't rape their fanbase. No PSLs.

The hardest pill to swallow there is that I'm comparing Indianapolis to friggin NYC. Like the 30th smallest market to the biggest market with sharing fanbases and somehow theirs is 100 times better.

6. BroadwayAaron

Lucas Oil in 2008
    Jerry's World in 2009
    Superdome redone in 2006
    University of Phoenix in 2006

All done within the 5 years prior to MetLife, all in smaller martkets, and all FAR superior. And of course you have everything built since then which also clowns MetLife.

It's a horrendous stadium, but I'd expect nothing less in New Jersey.

alleycat9 and dawinner127 like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oy, I didn't start this thread to incite an argument. So far it's been civil, so please, don't let it devolve. I'm not singling out anyone, just a blanket statement for all of us, myself included. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm just going down as saying what I've posted isn't opinion, it's fact. Being honest and factual about being treated like crap as a fan isn't whining. I don't whine. I learned at a young age not to. My Daddy hated that shit, and the last thing you wanted was getting his pinky ring rapped against the back of your skull if you did. Whining Aversion Therapy, it worked, believe it. In the car: "Are we almost there?", "I'm thirsty", or the deal-breaker "I have to go to the bathroom", oh, no, you didn't. I didn't.

@LF911SC, I have had the same defense mode conversation with several PSL holders in decent sections countless times before. It always comes down to the same canned response eventually: stop whining. Stop whining! It's because people essentially have a horrific time admitting they made a poor business decision. It happens to the best of us under many different circumstances and in all walks of life, and I get it, it's a bitter pill to swallow; so deflection and I know you are but what am I soon follows. It's amazing the lengths people will go to when they're in full denial of how they got hooked with no catch and release to their predicament.

Listen, if you're happy with your seats, happy with the way you've been treated, happy with your game day experience, happy with what you paid (or are paying), happy that you got an opportunity to get seats after years of waiting, no regrets that you got rolled, no regrets that you were lied to, all the power to you. I don't mean being "lied to" about the PSLs being pitched as an investment (which they were), because that was up to the buyer no matter how the Jets tried to spin it. I mean lying about everything else attached to that PSL. It's worthless, not just on paper.

If I were you and your PSLs are paid off, I'd dump it all and bail. Then I'd go to the secondary market and beat the Jets FO at their own game and buy back in in a better section for half the price. Which, believe me, a lot of folks will be doing. Mark it down. For the millionth time, why would I or anyone else be averse to Woody Johnson making money on the team (which he is and will continue to do so)? Why the hell else would he buy it? I'm not averse at all, making money is the American Way; but he made some incredibly short-sighted and bone-headed decisions that offended and angered many long time diehards out of their seats because they got fed up. 55 years here, mmmkay? So if you want to get technical about it, the people under Woody in the FO who he gave free reign to pull the strings. And they pulled them all wrong. Religiously. What's that saying? A President is only good as his Cabinet. You can make money and still treat your clients right at the same time. He didn't.

I don't agree with Sec314 that the mass defections are a result of the product on the field (although I respect his opinion). Tell ya why. When has the product on the field ever made any Jets STH - I'm talking diehards, not dilettantes - ever been cause for people to bail in the past? How 'bout next to zero. Yeah, no shows in super lean years, but dumping the tix, nope. There were some travel hardship defections when the Jets moved to Giants Stadium from Shea because a decent portion of the fanbase just couldn't logistically do LI to NJ without taking 6 hrs travel time out of their lives every Sunday, but that's really about it.

Yes, I am fully aware that PSLs are a thing, but even when the WSS was still in the discussion, PSL numbers were being batted around to the tune of 5K - 10K max. LMAO. Yes, I am fully aware of the cost of construction and materials and union scale in a metropolitan area. I also fully aware that the shell of The Old Dump could've been expanded for 1/3 of the price and the L. Jay Cross, Super Genius, royally fukked up the Jets having their own stadium in Willets Pt. and got his ass fired. I think that hump is still in charge of the massive construction going on in Hudson Yards (the original proposed site for the WSS). That aside, I'm so glad that idiot screamed at me and hung up in my face.

EDIT & P.S.: What amazes me is that the Jets FO are now running around like chickens with their heads cut off because they're somehow baffled why so many people bolted over the last two seasons. It's like Richard III, a horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse.

#47 jetophile, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    alleycat9 likes this.
  8. jetophile

You forgot about shitty sight-lines, poor design, shit sticking out, ridiculous congestion going to the UD, grates in your face trying to watch the game, and how easy it would be to kill yourself if you flung yourself off the escalator head first into the parking lot. There is literally a 20 ft. span where even if you weren't paying attention and lost your footing you could easily go over. And there's no safety net.

All that aside, if I wasn't treated so poorly, I would never have given up my tickets even though I can now go for circus peanuts in a good section, game by game basis. Which is what I'll be doing now.

LogeSection2RowJ and sec314 like this.
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Hey man, don't blame NJ. At least we built a place for the 2 teams to play twice unlike the idiot NY politicians who let the Giants and then the Jets go to NJ and the Jets again. Blame the dumb ass owners for this piece of shit and both teams should of stayed in NY but you guys have dirty politicians.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with Sec314 that the mass defections are a result of the product on the field (although I respect his opinion). Tell ya why. When has the product on the field ever made any Jets STH - I'm talking diehards, not dilettantes - ever been cause for people to bail in the past? How 'bout next to zero. Yeah, no shows in super lean years, but dumping the tix, nope. There were some travel hardship defections when the Jets moved to Giants Stadium from Shea because a decent portion of the fanbase just couldn't logistically do LI to NJ without taking 6 hrs travel time out of their lives every Sunday, but that's really about it.

I never said that's the main reason, to me it was breaking up the fan base and putting us in shitty sections. Anyway, my point was all would be forgiven if this team delivered every 10 years with a Championship and some damm home playoff games. Don't u think Giant fans feel the same way that's it a piece of shit and they hate that we share the place? Ahhh YEAH!!! Its not something they focus on because they believe they are gonna win another Super bowl soon. Do we? Hell no so this gives u something else to bitch about

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. jetophile

You weren't put into shitty sections. You were bankrupted into shitty sections. I'm OK with that, but stepping over my dead body with my seniority that I could prove and then telling me to go fukk myself, too bad we're not displacing people in the seats in the uppers you wanted - based on their very own mistake . . . Again, strike one. They didn't make it right, refused to make it right, and I was a nobody - mostly because I wouldn't buy a PSL. Now suddenly I'm a somebody. Revenge is a dish best served cold in a shithole without a roof.

When The New Dump first opened, I used to do fairly well on NFL Ticket Exchange if I couldn't make a game. Back then, though, you couldn't list your tickets below face, only above. The last two years, you could list them for whatever you wanted because they were getting killed by stubhub. The main reason that I used to go through NFL Ticket Exchange is that if someone who bought your seats got thrown out for being a jackass, the Jets wouldn't hold you liable and take your tickets away (unlike the old days if you gifted someone you knew and they got into a drunken brawl, your tickets were in jeopardy). That part was never clear as to stubhub, but when tix in my section were going for $9 even on NFL Ticket Exchange, I knew the Jets were beyond desperate.

They're getting what they deserve. I'll be there, alright. And when Darnold makes his debut or Bridgewater is doing great, sure, the empties will fill up. But not through the Jets FO. I'm making a Joe Willie guarantee on that one.

12. LF911SC

I'll say it again, what's crappy about it other than the outside isn't some cool, modern design. Sitting in your seat what is wrong? Too much room? Too many food options? Drinks? Bars? Replay screens? Once insid, and I've been to Indy, there is nothing better about Indy. Other than Indy does have a dome, which allows for events Met Life can't host. They knew that, it was the Jets and Giants decision to have a NE home field. Agree or not.

And yes, your comparing NYC to Indy, not taking into account the HuGE differences to building costs and obstacles that must be accounted for to build here. The Colts couldn't afford to build that same stadium in NYC, would have cut back somewhere.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was smart enough to stay in the upper deck where I sat for 30 years. I was given end zone seats so the new people and lower level people who were smart enough to come upstairs to avoid a bad investment could sit between to 30’s. I was fucked by the jets and shit on and it took my 5 years to get good seats and I never forgot. And after another shitty season and seeing people sit next to me who paid half the price and I said fuck it I am going to sttb hub. We all have different stories and this is mine. It’s the way I was treated not the stadium or those stupid psl’s. See CBg and jetophile stories

14. LF911SC

OK, here goes. For all this bullshit, your half assed reasoning that I'm some kind of defensive PSL lackie making excuses for the Jets AND Giants, you're as wrong as every other blowhard who refuses to listen.

I've had an account since 1977 at Shea. I'm a die hard upper deck fan. Best seats and view to me. With the real fans too. I had my choice where to sit at Met Life, was one of the first called to pick their seats. Every section was open. I sit upper deck, against the rail, 50 yard line. Best seat in the house IMO. So take your whiney shitty PSL argument and have it with someone who has donated less over the years and who wasn't in the great position I was in to find someone to cry about PSLs.

I love my seats because of the seats, not to explain off the value of a PSL. Which while I could easily have afforded but was sure as shit not going to pay.

sec314 likes this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys

Please take it easy. Too many curse words. :(

16. jetophile

No worries. I already asked for cooler heads to prevail a few posts back. It's holding steady IMO.

17. jetophile

I pretty much addressed everything you got defensive about in here - and you are being defensive - in a completely civil fashion. The only thing I was wrong about is that you don't own a PSL, but still all good even you did. I even said if you're happy, all the power to you, yet everyone - including me - are still nothing but a bunch of "whiners".

I've had an account since 1963, and I know seniority only goes back to '77 because that's the farthest back that the Jets kept paper records. You're still glossing over the fact that I have my seniority from the Jets in writing, and they still screwed me and refused to bump the people from the seats that should've been mine even though I could flat out prove it was their mistake. I don't think I'm being unreasonable or "whiny", they fukked up, not me, they admitted it, yet refused to rectify it because those seats were already given to someone else. Well, explain your mistake you buttheads. No, I got punished for their idiocy because fixing it would have offended the OTHER people.

I also think you're also glossing over the other things that happened, and I can't see how you would - or anyone else for that matter - feel any differently. I'm glad you got what you wanted and that your experience with the FO has been smooth and nothing but gravy, but you're being dismissive of what came down on other people. I would go as far as to say that your experience is an anomaly and not the norm, especially being in the UD as was I. I also can't see how you can possibly defend by omission that the Jets are selling seats in PSL Sections of those who defected to new STHs in those same Sections . . . without a PSL. Even though it doesn't directly affect you, you think that's somehow good business as far as how the FO is treating their current PSL holders who paid their hard earned $ for a pack of lies? Whatever, just be thankful you made the right decision and not like you somehow beat the system because then you're validating some of the things I said, which of course, you don't have any interest in doing.

As already stated here and in several other threads in the Jets Experience Forum, everything from square one as to me and The New Dump was nothing short of a disaster, and I'm not the only one, PSL or no PSL. Nothing in this thread is a personal attack on your or your fandom, yet you're taking it that way. It's all good, and I'm happy you're happy, but the Jets FO turned into a PR disaster that they earned, yet they still can't quite understand why. Yes, The POS Palace will fill up again once the Jets become viable contenders, but I don't know how many times or in how many different ways to say it that mass defections this year weren't because of the product on the field. I also mentioned that I did actually wind up in a very decent Section (though not in here) just about where I originally wanted and was SUPPOSED to be - because people bailed.

I'll re-post the shady letter I got with my invoice so you can compare it to one in the first post and maybe you won't put people down so much for how they were treated. It was a series (not just one occurrence) of things as I also mentioned. I also find it mildly amusing that we were "complaining about a building" and then you defended said building like it was your bro and Woody Johnson is an ever bigger bro. I don't care how much money Woody Johnson spent, he didn't spend it wisely, and in the end long time fans got treated like dirt and he's still an idiot. Christopher Johnson seems way more in touch and hopefully things will change for the better as to client relations, but the damage is done there for me and I'm never buying back in. As fans we all have the same goal in mind for the team. Enjoy your seats, enjoy the season, no offense meant. This post in no way should be mistaken for an apology - because it isn't. ; ) We can politely agree to disagree is all I'm sayin'. GO JETS!!! . . . F the FO!!!! VIVA ZAPATA!!!!

18. BroadwayAaron

Glad to see that literally every argues with the guy who put me on ignore because he couldn't argue his way out of a bad opinion. Looks like some things never change.

I will add that there are a group of 8 of us that purchased 4 PSLs, we sit 10th row in the corner of the endzone, none of us have had any complaints.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. jetophile

That's good, glad to hear it; but WHJD (What Would Jeto Do)? Search the secondary market, buy in in a better location for less money, dump what you've got. The time is now if it's feasible for you to do it. Whatever you do, don't do it through the Jets. Trust me, they can do nothing to stop you. If they can exert legal extortion, so can you.

20. BroadwayAaron

Just me personally, but tickets have been in our family since they played at Shea... I don't foresee us ditching them especially when there hasn't been a good enough reason to (the team stinking is not a reason, games are still fun).