Patrick Peterson has high praise for rosen

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Jul 2, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson knows a good quarterback when he sees one. He saw two during the Arizona Cardinals' offseason practices, Josh Weinfuss of ESPN reports.

Peterson told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday that he believes Sam Bradford will "for sure" be Arizona's starter "as long as it's in the good Lord's will that he can be healthy for us and being able to stay upright in the pocket."

Although Peterson thinks Bradford is the Cardinals' starting quarterback, he didn't hold back from heaping a mound of praise on first-round pick Josh Rosen. He said Rosen "blew my mind" during the first week of practice because of his football IQ and advanced skill set.

"Just to see him run hurry-up offense, to see him make all different checks, to see him put guys in position, I was completely stunned when I saw it," Peterson said. "I was like, 'This guy's only been here a week, and he's already doing what? We're already running two-minute offense now?'

"I was very, very impressed with that, and he's definitely the future of our franchise."

Peterson said he texted general manager Steve Keim right after the Cardinals traded up from 15th to 10th to draft Rosen in April. Peterson said he has watched the organization try to draft a quarterback since he was drafted in 2011.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think Rosen is going to be a good one.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought Rosen was the best QB in the draft. It will kill me if he's the next great QB and we passed because of stupid ass Cleveland. Obviously, it's way to early to judge this, but we will see. I think both Darnold and Rosen could be great.

#3 Sam Hammer, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Peterson isn't going to trash his 1st Round QB after a few practices with him. Of course he is going to praise him. Rosen was my #1 choice for the Jets at #3 and #6 as I assumed Darnold would be gone at #1 overall. I liked him over Mayfield and Allen. Hopefully he has a good career.

FJF likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I doubt Rosen will ever amount to anything in this league.
    So happy we didn't settle for that guy. I wouldn't have touched him in the top 10.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I wouldn't say Rosen would be settling, but I'm happy the chips fell how they did with some luck, happenstance, and orchestration. Rosen, we don't have to deal with fat mouth drama. Sam I Am, see him keeping his mouth shut in a house . . . somethin'. My Dr. Suess is off today.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Rosen I still think will get beat up a lot. Could end up like Chris Chandler if they don't build a fortress for him

Mayfield is the guy who' struggling

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

yeah i haven't heard anything positive about mayfield but jarvis landry was praising taylor today. Who could have predicted that? lol i also haven't heard much good about allen either but everyone knew allen was a project

9. OTAs are not the type of environment where Mayfield is potentially going to excell.Hes a gamer above all else.His physical skills are not gonna wow in shorts & what ive seen arm talent wise since being drafted isnt all that special. Hes gonna need to get under center in actual games to reach his potential & play to his strengths.

Allen is sort of the opposite.Bills literally started from the ground up w him starting w mechanics. He certainly looked the part early on but again this was QB kindergarten type stuff that we did not see w Rosen,Darnold or Mayfield. He showed the quick release,ability to drive the ball & good movement skillls.Hes taylor made to look good in shorts.Bills media was high on him at rookie camp however to your point the buzz has died down significantly.as theyve thrown more at him

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The irony here is that Rosen is the one who is good to go from day one and he will sit behind Bradford while Darnold who probably needs to sit for half a season will be on the field game one.

I like both of them a lot.

11. GasedAndConfused

his strengths worked fine in college in a spread offense but won't fit in the NFL hence why i didn't want the jets to draft him. he's not gonna look likely ever in the NFL.

for allen he has a lot to work on, but everyone knew that. it was no secret.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

I'm cheering for Josh Rosen to succeed, he may be a little outspoken, but he's a great talent, intelligent and will back his teammates in difficult times. He's a lot more caring about others than he comes off.

God help me for praising a bRUIN.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He was my top QB choice, but I won't complain about landing Darnold.

FJF likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Rosen is a very good prospect, but after living through an oft-injured QB in Pennington I'm happy we have Darnold.

15. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

That's the thing, between the two, there is no question Sam is sturdier and tougher, also better at evading the rush. Give Josh a good line tho, and he'll carve up a defense like a surgeon.

HomeoftheJets likes this.