One Jets Drive (documentary)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Jul 4, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Anybody following this series on facebook?

Funny thing I caught they had the mics near Darnold of course when Mayfield went 1. In the NFL produced Sam Darnold NFL draft diary they muted his father out. However on the Jets documentary as soon as it becomes clear Darnold is not going to Cleveland Sams dad is like:

"YEA! I'm happy!" And starts clapping his hands. His mom looks very pleased as well

The Darnold family were absolutely thrilled to avoid the Browns. Sam himself was smirking.

Also found it funny when the Jets called Sam he was looking at the mid 90's corded phone on the table like it was a telegraph. Suddenly realized having been born in 1997...he's probably never used one.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

3. forevercursed

Sorry. It's actually on the Jets facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/onejetsdrive/

Surprised how well done it is for being...well, Jets. It's a nice little documentary that they release in 10-12 minute installments

NY Jets68, Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. forevercursed

Love what Barkley said to Darnold when they had a second going down the stairwell.

TrojanPride and LF911SC like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder, @forevercursed! I've been watching. Watched the first 2 parts. I'll go watch 3 now. It's been great.

forevercursed likes this.
  6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I have also enjoyed this. High quality production, it's like a 10min Hard Knocks.

7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Caught that too. Also after the Jets picked him his father said that Sam had a great interview, enjoyed meeting with the Jets and they're all happy. Still think my favorite line is Chris J telling Darnold, "Dude, you're going to love NY"

8. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Very well done series. So excited for the next 3 years. This year all about developing the young guys and getting Sam some great experience then going into the following season with real super bowl aspirations.

9. forevercursed

Right after the Giants took Barkley they cut to C. Johnson, Bowles and Macc in the war room for a just a brief second and all had smiles on their faces knowing they'd gotten their guy

NY Jets68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

They sure do did.

We all did.

donkey likes this.
  11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well, it's certainly nice to see how happy Darnold and his entire family are that he's a Jet. I also didn't realize that he and Josh Allen had become close. That should make the games interesting, but I think that the chances that Allen will be starting on November 11 at MetLife are greater than that Darnold will be starting.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That 3rd episode was the best yet! Awesome seeing all the behind the scenes stuff with Darnold.

I'll say this again: I am STILL in shock he dropped to the Jets. It is ridiculous for the Browns and then the Giants to pass on him. It will be looked back on as some of the worst decisions either franchise ever made. Even if the Browns truly like Baker more, you HAVE to go with the safer pick at #1 overall, which was clearly Sam Darnold to me. You have been too big of a loser franchise to take a risk like that. Then the Giants. Eli is 37 and hasn't been great for a long time. You are a franchise who rarely drafts that high and you actually have a chance to draft Sam Darnold and you pass on him for a RB? Crazy. I love it though.

Not sure how many episodes are left, but the Jets have done a great job with One Jets Drive.

13. My favorite clip thus far has been Darnold working out at combine w The jets conglamorate looking straight down at him from their box..Bowles eyes grow so wide its crazy

14. forevercursed

And during that event you had the Browns owner sitting with the Darnold family in the stands. Seemed like a foregone conclusion. He threw so damn well that day in the rain it seemed pretty much decided he was going to Cleveland 1

Leicester Jet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

I loved that too...I was there at the Rose Bowl. I know Barkley is a nice kid, but the last PS score was on our side of the field, and he made the "good night" gesture at us.

Didn't quite work out for them. :)

Brook! likes this.
  16. That was at his pro day. The footage im referring to was from the combine where he did all work outs but didnt throw.

His pro day will be stuff of legend if he proves to be the real deal.The rain pouring down,him making all those impeccable throws w every big time NFL decision maker staring him down..ive seen quite a few pro days since NFLN started airing them.Ive never seen one quite as cinematic as Darnold’s

17. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

It is so Sam that he was happy it was raining (it was actually pouring) and he refused to go before his teammates when offered, saying it was their Pro Day as well.

tbruner12 and NYJalltheway like this.
  18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, they were definitely happy not to be going to Cleveland but it I think they were also probably a little happy not to have to deal with having Sam sit behind Eli, Manning decides he wants to keep playing another 3-5 years and even plays at a middling level, it would be hard to push him out.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Kid is a class act

This could be the start of something big

The Browns are a pathetic group to have turned off the Darnold family though I like Dorsey the GM

I guess Bubba Gump has more personality than Hue Jackson??! Mac turns on the charm ??!

Or maybe NY is more like the LA they are used to

Well we all know how new jobs go ...full of piss and vinegar till you see the inept Coaching

The Jets can't ruin this kid No no no!!!!!

I am optimistic cause I think Darnold rises above this ..if he gets 6 coaching changes (I hope not) he has same work ethic

tbruner12 likes this.
  20. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I’ll have to check this out.

It looked like Sam was wearing a brown tie at the draft.