Lyin' JETS FO!

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by jetophile, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Woody’s answer to everything is to throw $ at the problem. Hes provided gorgeous facilities,a new stadium & more glossy infrastructure.NONE of it has made the Jets any better of a football organization.

Theres more to winning ownership than writing a check.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm envious of the Giants? What? That's probably one of the best non-sequiturs I've ever read. I don't even know what this post means.

The point is the treatment of long time Season Tix holders. Of course Woody Johnson wants to win. Buying an NFL team is a huge investment; but to shovel PSLs as an investment like it was gonna escalate like real estate in some crappy time share and then rape said PSL owners years later with no protections that they promised, yeah, cry me a river. It's a toss up between people being sold a bad bill of goods, legal dishonesty, buyer beware, and being stupid. I bewared, and got treated like garbage when it came to money up. Now I can pay this way, that way, the other way and still get a price freeze after telling them to kiss my ass. Ouija Board says Goodbye.

#22 jetophile, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. jetophile

The New Dump is not gorgeous. It's about as gorgeous as a salvage yard, minus the junkyard dogs that want to rip your face off.

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Pretty much none of this makes any sense. Here's not allowed to make money because you think he's a moron? And if he inherited it there's a difference in your mind?

It's foolish to sure here and whine, yes, that players should make more than the owner who plumber down BILLIONS.

What country do you live in? Lol.

Jets69 likes this.
  5. LF911SC

Every new stadium had PSLs attached to them. We all knew we were getting hot with them. If you didn't that's on you, not Woody. Just as it's on you if you bought into the investment idea attached to them. We're in a great stadium, lots of seats, room, food, drink and parking. Never get the idiotic idea that we have to have our own stadium. There is the Giants issue. You said it. We need to get away from the Giants. Why? Give one reason that has anything to do with the team or winning. It's in some fans heads.

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

maybe im missing something but what is the point of this post. do you want to renew? did you? no? cool. /thread

7. jetophile

We're in a great Stadium, see how I laugh. It's OK if you own a PSL, don't be ashamed.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you missed the original point, you missed the point again the 2nd time around. its all good i am not going to change your mind.

you think the new stadium is great, i cant imagine how you could think that but you do and i am probably not going to change your mind about that either. but suckers like you are the ones that teams like the jets and mets live off of. give you shit and you not only accept it you defend it and tell everyone how great the shit is.

BrowningNagle and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. I wasnt refering to the stadium..it is indeed a dump.More talking about Florham Park,“The jets experience” etc

10. So wait a minute..We’re the only team in professional sports other than the stinking CLIPPERS without a home of our own in an age where new stadiums are MECCAS for their given organization;We’ve listened to Paul Mcguire,John Madden & other talking heads mock our co tennant existence dating back decades.Weve bit our tongues & gritted our teeth when Giant fans belittled us knowing full well there is no rebuttal for “GIANTS Stadium” & this is somehow brought on by our insecurities?

.I cant think of a more insulting inference one could make about this franchise & the fan base but for the scum on WEEI or WAQY. You are better than that.

#30 KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2018
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I would like to provide an insight from one of my friends. Most likely it will make jeto mad and she will kill me. But my friend was on Jets season ticket list for a long time. When the new stadium opened he paid the PSL and got himself 4 Mezz tickets. He didn't have any financial hardship so he was able to afford the PSL fee and ticket cost. He says that he is happy that Jets brought the PSL price and raised the prices. He claims old Season Ticket Holders would pay only $75 for seats that cost over $250 now. That those old season ticket holders would go half the games and sell their tickets for the reminder of the games with high mark up and end up financing their cost thru high paying fans like my friend. He is happy that those days are over. Not saying I am a side of this discussion as I am a new Jet fan and I didn't watch a single Jet game at old Jets stadium but just wanted to share his comments to bring another angle to the discussion.

12. alleycat9

i think alot of giants fans who couldnt get gmen seasons bought them when they went up for sale by the jets. i can tell you in my time there it was always the same people in my section. it wasnt a revolving door like it is today. they may have been paying someone else and not actually had the season tickets in their names but those folks were there hell or high water. my 75 dollar tickets went to 7500 psl and 450 a game, woody can suck a fat one for that bullshit deal.

13. alleycat9

im saying when we moved to the meadowlands, not this latest stadium abortion.

14. LF911SC

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stadium. You can sit home and watch games, laugh at is morons who enjoy your Sundays. I really don't care. Pissy over the stadium is nonsense on a different level

15. LF911SC

Please other than the foolish idea that the outside isn't cool enough or it isn't domed what's won't with the stadium.

I was good until you called me a sucker. Move on already. After you aren't the sucker who takes the Jets and Mets shit. Or whatever half assed logic you're chasing. Mets? WTF do they have to do with anything? Got to love people giving people others shit over a building.

16. LF911SC

When you start off with the ridiculous idea that your stadium is a Mecca you needed to shut to down.

Wake up fools, we own half the stadium. McGuire and Madden never gave two shits when the Jets and Giants BOTH LEASED the same stadium and if they were alive would certainly not give a shit that they equally own the stadium today. The Jets have never played in a stadium owned by the Giants. Why is it that Giants fans don't suffer from this form of penis envy that a handful of Jets fans can't get over?

17. alleycat9

are you one of the guys that spent 30k or whatever it was bidding on the best of the best psls. haha. you are the guy this stadium was built for. you are probably the first guy i have seen on this forum who is one of those guys.

18. Well ugh..the stadium was CALLED giants stadium,they played their first & in most of the time theyve been co tennants the jets have stunk. What need would their be for an envy?

As for a Mecca..i dont mean ofwinning i mean of all things Jets.Ya know expos of weeb ewbank, Namath & klecko welcoming you to gameday,the stadium doused in green & not just fly by night fixtures fit for a 80s rock band on a massive US tour or bleak generic grayness.An actual exhibit or area dedicated to the ring of honor(which was promised in the new stadium to PSL holders.I went looking several times & asked multiple stadium as well as jets staff & no one had ever heard of such a thing). Things that literally every other team outside of this one & Donald Sterling’s former weekend project offer to their fans. Maybe those things dont mean anything to you but others they absolutely do!

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

you sound like WJ’s rainbow flavored lover

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hold on, there’s someone out there that thinks the new stadium is anything but a shithole?

jetophile likes this.