Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I take it back.. Instead of Bamburger, make that Art Howe.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And the bullpen comes up teeny tiny once again (especially since there wasn't actually a starter today).7 2/3 innings, 6 solo home runs.

4. statjeff22

Plawecki ties it up with a 3-run homer after the Dodgers gift them with a free run because of an awful tag attempt on a baserunning blunder by Bautista. And the bullpen won't blow this or anything, right?

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don’t know how you keep watching them. I finally got to watch the game yesterday and it’s just embarrassing to see them take the field.

6. statjeff22

Yeah, well, there's nothing else to watch and after years of the Mets / Jets / Isles I've learned to be a masochist, I guess. I have to admit that this season might be the worst in a long, long time, just by the way they keep losing these games.

7. Walt White

In the past I've always watched a lot of baseball and have had the MLB app for years. But this year is the worst. I thought they wold be pretty good this year and after the hot start was very excited.
    But this is the final crash and burn with the team as we know it and now it's a matter of who gets traded. And it's killed the fun for me.

Should've known the minute Shwarzak and Vargas were injured. But when Ces, Lagares, Noah, and Familia, then Wilmer, went down it was over. Same ol' same ol'

This shit has gotta be something Karmic with the fucking Coupons. Nevermind the special conditions that the team had to be built under with the Madoff thing. Fuck them. Jeffie makes me more sick than Fred believe it or not

JetBlue likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It’s the curse of Daniel Murphy.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. Walt White

It's only fitting that Justin Turner hit that HR. It's the curse of Justin Turner if you ask me.

BUT the Coupons had to sell tickets and a couple of names to fans from the start and it was never a proper breakdown and rebuild :mad::mad:.

Now David Wright can finish his comeback and maybe sell a few tickets for Fred and Jeffie. FMSMH.

That's as much as Ima say about all that.

They were exactly where they wanted to be in the WS with a lead and Familia and he came up short. Familia didn't help in the '16 WC game either.

Now who the fuck knows when they'll ever be back?

10. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Only a half a game up on the Marlins. We should be in last place soon. :(

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wait... isn't that the idea??

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I went up to visit my brother for a few days.....
    saturday: "What do you want to do tonight? It's DeGrom vs Kershaw, plus homerun apple day"
    ""Eh, I guess"
    "$12 tickets on stubhub"
    "Sure, lets go"

waaa waaaa waaaaaaa....... What a mess. Mostly spent the game half watching, talking with my brother (esp after the grandslam), but holy shit beer prices were $$$$

13. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Really hate reading this. I’m wishing him all the best. I think this is probably it for him with the team but I hope he has a lot of good years ahead of him. Good luck Sandy and i’ll say a little prayer for you. :(

Walt White likes this.
  14. statjeff22

What really matters is his health, of course, but not only does this dramatically increase the chances that Alderson will never be involved with the team again, I think it also increases the chances that they'll send Callaway packing after the season. The fact is that during the 11-1 start he made some questionable decisions and the team won anyway, and during the 20-44 (!!!!!) since then he's made even more questionable decisions and the team has looked beyond pathetic. At this point there is absolutely no evidence that he is a major league manager, and if the guy who hired him is gone he might very well be too.

15. Walt White

The Coupons may have to end up hiring a new GM in the end.

I'll say it's John Ricco as he's apprenticed under Sandy on how to make things work with half measures when it comes to rebuilding, and lying for them to save them money and to sell tickets.

Of course I care more about Sandy at this point than those two fucks and the team.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. statjeff22

As amazing as it seems in such a terrible season. Callaway might have just made a decision so monumentally stupid that it would deserve to get him fired. Tie game, bottom of the tenth, Mets have men on 1st and 2nd with none out and Cabrera, their best hitter, coming up. Callaway has him bunt, despite the fact that he hasn't had a successful sacrifice in three years. (Gary, Keith, and Ron are amazed at the stupidity of the call.) He pops the ball up, but luckily for Cabrera the catcher drops the ball. Given a reprieve on his stupidity, Callaway will take the bunt off, right? (Gary, Keith and Ron were certainly sure of that.) Unbelievably, Callaway has him bunt again, and he pops it up again, this time to the pitcher (the pitcher stupidly catches it, since if he lets it drop it will be a double or even triple play). This guy really has no clue.

It all becomes moot as the next batter, Flores, gets his third walkoff hit of the year (the Mets have three, and he has all three of them), but if anything Callaway seems to be getting worse as a manager. Only the Mets.

17. statjeff22

Well, any question about Alderson has been answered - when someone responds to a question in a news conference asking whether he plans to return when his health permits by saying "If I were to look at it on the merits I'm not sure coming back is warranted," you can be very sure he's not coming back. As Anthony Rieber in Newsday said in a column today, he has basically fired himself.

As I noted earlier, I think this is very bad news for Callaway, and at this moment I would definitely make it more than 50/50 that he'll be gone by either the end of October or within a few days of whenever the Yankees are no longer playing, whichever comes later.

Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  18. statjeff22

Wheeler with 7 shutout innings, leaving with a 3-0 lead. Gsellman gives up a run on 2 hits in 1/3 inning. Peterson gets the next two outs. Familia comes in after throwing 28 pitches yesterday and gives up hits to the first three batters. Callaway only then bothers to get Swarzak up in the bullpen. A four-pitch walk and Familia gets pulled, even though Swarzak has probably only thrown about 10 warmup pitches. Second pitch by Swarzak results in a two-run single and the Mets are losing 4-3. After a sac fly Pittsburgh has man on first and 2 outs with the closer on deck and Callaway doesn't intentionally walk the batter before him.

Callaway gets in deeper and deeper in complete incompetence.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Wasn't Callaway supposed to be one of those "analytic" type coaches? He sure doesn't seem like it as of late. I feel so bad for those starting pitchers. If this team could just put a little semblance of offense together they could be contending, but this is embarrassing.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. Walt White

Just a matter of seeing who gets traded now and how they approach it moving forward. Looks like a pretty big tear down depending on The Coupon Factor and how much money they need to make short term.
    Poor fellows couldn't capitalize on the Madoff Scheme...

[​IMG]

Sam Hammer likes this.