17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Well, when the Jets were making their runs to the AFC Championship, the ticketing situation was still a dumpster fire. 7-8 years later prices have gone up, people have defaulted, and flat panel TVs have only gotten wider and more high res. No amount of Jets success will make the tickets worth what they are asking

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but I still feel funny when I'm not in the stands for a home game. But, I'd rather feel funny a few times a year than write out 5K checks to the Jets. I still enjoy going to the game and if we somehow develop into an AFC power, I'll want to be there. Maybe it'll happen when the NFL eliminates preseason games.

sec314 and sickandtired like this.
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

absolutely no chance, not under this ownership group. not in this shitbag stadium.

They have ruined everytihng that being a season ticket holder was about. they have gouged their loyal fanbase and screwed them mercilessly.

fuck them and fuck that stadium.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Mod, you knew the answer, you just wanted to fire our asses up. Nothing has changed for any of us. I'll just pay more for selected games when and if we get good and in the end pay less for that season then if I had seasons. No value, you cant give away pre-season, you eat parking, and you basically do the same for a regular season game if you can't make it unless its against the Pats, Pack, Steeler... etc.

sickandtired likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

sec314. I really didn't mean to fire your asses up. I have never been a STH. I am very excited now that Darnold is a Jet. I am seriously contemplating becoming a STH and wanted to see how you guys felt. :)

6. LogeSection2RowJ

My 24 year old nephew was thinking about their latest lower-priced upper deck season plan, and I encouraged him to do it, despite my situation. (But he's not though). Their current $50 deal - or whatever it is, isn't a bad deal for a new fan, especially a young who fan never did it before. It's a different situation for others like myself who have paid SO much for SO long, and know that we'll never get the same experience again. I had Loge seats at Shea, under the overhang lowers at Giants Stadium, and it too hard not to miss that when sitting in MetLife. Not only that, getting to and from the car to the upper deck seats in this stadium SUCKS. Worse than Shea, or so it seems. Hard to imagine they could pull that off.

alleycat9, sec314 and Brook! like this.
  7. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Be excited, but put emotion aside. Let us be your sanity and reality.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am a new Jets fan. I never watched a game at old Giants stadium. So Metlife is the only Jets stadium I have ever been. But I take you old timers word for it.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was busting with a warning. Give it a year before you regret it

10. LogeSection2RowJ

I "served" 5 years at Shea, pretty much attended every Jets games at Giants Stadium. I've trashed MetLife Stadium a lot in this thread, but I will say this: It's not terrible sitting in the Lower Level, or even the Mezzanine - although I have sat in the upper rows of the Mezzanine End Zone and didn't care much for those seats either. When I go to a game, I get to my seats and stay in them. At halftime I'll get up to stretch my legs, and through the course of a game maybe, but not always, I'll spend time on a concession line. I'll hit the men's room once maybe twice all game. I don't need much. It's disappointing how antiseptic and ugly the place is after we were promised a great building. Even worse, after we experienced the stadium for ourselves we were still told it was great, and they got a Super Bowl for building it. Absolutely unbelievably they won design awards for a stadium that has safety issues that I've witnessed, has pedestrian ramps that you have to be an idiot to use (you'll only do it once - unless you need the steps for your Fitbit challenge), stairwells from the outside concourse that lead only to the upper level (anyone ever get caught in that rat-trap? They do not exit to the first level! You are stuck ascending Everest) On the other hand I got invited to a "basic" suite once for a Giants game, and it was as if I was in a completely different stadium. I am not exaggerating. Entire different universe.

So, yes, watching a game from MetLife isn't so bad from many areas of the stadium, but there's plenty of opportunity for misery.

Brook! likes this.
  11. alleycat9

and 75 dollar mezz seats turned into 7500 psl with 450 a game prices. fuck woody johnson. built a shit bag mausoleum. the only good thing is that its 8 years old and they will probably replace it at 20-25. bunch of assholes. hopefully woody falls off a cliff and someone whose a real owner that actually gives a shit about the jets and their fans buys them and turns this franchise from a turd.

problem is the only guys with the cash and the want are idiots. imagine if that asshole dolan owned the jets..... scary to think it could still get worse.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  12. LogeSection2RowJ

What a thought. This is the ONE time I can utter the words "thank God the Wilpons don't have the cash"

13. alleycat9

the whole town is a catastrophe ownership wise. mets, jets, rangers. the only ones that seem to have a head on their shoulders are the giants and of course the yankees.

i was talking with a buddy of mine the other day and he said i dont want the mets to win, i want them to lose and i want them to lose as embarrassingly as possible because that is the ONLY way anything will ever change. i like to blame sandy alderson but really when it comes right down to it the way a team runs is based on the owner and the way he wants his business to run. the mets and the jets are a complete abortion and it starts at the top. its really sad.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

I think we all have a "buddy of mine" who thinks that way. Unfortunately, that won't get it done with the Mets. They've recently had sustained bad multiple season stretches, and nothing changed. Fred is handing the team to Jeff, and that's that. After Fred is gone, maybe Jeff will sell a significant chunk of the team to someone with more competitive fire who won't just accept that the Yankees can't be matched. While I've never been a Woody fan one bit, I wouldn't describe our Jets ownership as a catastrophe, though in keeping with this thread-theme, the handling of the stadium situation is a near catastrophe.

15. alleycat9

i view jeff wilpon to be the current main issue.

i feel as though woody is as clueless as jeff is, he just isnt as involved and therefore only screws up the big things like the stadium, hiring of upper management and lets those guys screw up the day to day. i think jeff is far more involved with how the mets are run and what their direction is. and its an abortion. one could say when the muts opened dodgers stadium east it was an abortion as well. although their stadium stands up much better than the mausoleum.

16. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Did anyone get a package from the Jets that required a signature? Apparently they attempted to deliver it and sent it to a ups pickup point. If I don't pick it up it gets sent back to them. Any idea what it could be?

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Shit bag mausoleum. Yep, I like it. Add to it that the Maras cheaped Woody Johnson out of a roof. I don't necessarily mind the elements, but for $1.6 billion between two teams, my philosophy is, if you're gonna roll people, roll them all the way. For $1.6 billion The New Dump should look like a freaking Science Center. Poor design, POS Palace. I can't tell you how much I was hoping that the Super Bowl would turn into the Blizzard of '69 when it was hosted there. I don't ask for much in life, ya know?

#19477 jetophile, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    alleycat9 likes this.
  18. jetophile

Well, Shea was just . . . Shea. The Jets used to practice at Rikers Island. If you think I'm making that up, think again.

Giants Stadium wasn't as bad as it was cracked up to be. Yes, it was dated, 'deteriorating' (a half truth), wasn't worth 'renovation', and should hold more fans. People forget that the whole new Giants Stadium thing was initially started by the Maras because the Giants were 'competing' with the Cowboys after Jerry Jones began hinting around that he was building something new. Woody getting sucked into The New Dump because of the WSS Stadium fail and Willets Point is another story.

Again, once the partnership was made and Woody shook hands with the Devil, they could've done a lot of salvage, expanded the shell, and come up with a much better final result and design for a lot less money. It's beyond stupid that they did a complete tear down when the important structural parts were solid. And guess what? Complete demo costs a lot of money, which was part of the $1.6 billion. And that Funeral Home Experience is right next to the old footprint. What a joke.

The Jets have their own home! Lol. The only improvements of mention in that place is 'expanded seats' (for the fat, I suppose), and cup holders. I also don't see the difference between slapping green lights on the place for game day and the Jets banners they used to hang outside The Old Dump. Maybe that's just me. $1.6 billion, you can practically send a space probe to Mars and back for that. Christopher Johnson seems a bit more in touch, but good luck getting people back who defected. Yeah, the place will fill re: Darnold if the Jets start doing well in the next few years to come, but you can thank stubhub for that and other ticket hawkers, not The New York Jets. The average Joe doesn't give a shit about 'benefits' anymore. That ship has sailed.

#19478 jetophile, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Brook! likes this.
  19. jetophile

Yes, but you now know what it is. Funny, I probably didn't have to sign for mine because I never owned a PSL.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

2 months later you can get 4 seats on stubhub for $236 all inclusive with fees in the upper deck. There is no market for Jets tickets, even the home opener. The best way to buy the cheapest tickets is on the day of the game, or if you really want certainty then within 1 week of the game

Currently lowers start at about $133 ea with all the fees to the opener. Pretty sure that will get closer to $100 with time