Anthony Bourdain Dead/Suicide By Hanging

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jun 8, 2018.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

selfish: lacking consideration for others

Suicide is one of the most selfish things someone can do. Especially when they have children and the means to reinvent their life in most any way imaginable.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

There is no consideration involved with having a disease.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh cool, I'm depressed so I can go around being an inconsiderate fuck and everyone around me can fuckoff.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

No offense to you, but you're exactly the sort of person who makes it so hard for people to be open with what is happening to them. Statistically speaking, you likely have friends and/or family whom you interact with regularly that suffer from this, and chances are they suffer in silence in part due to the judgmental douchiness like you just stated. You don't need to be an expert on this, but a little empathy would go a tremendous way towards helping those who are close to you and suffer from this problem. The way you're framing his decision is not coming from a mindset that thinks the way you do. So please, if you choose to continue to see this issue this way, at least do the world a favor and keep it to yourself. There may come a day where you need empathy and when it isn't there, you may unfortunately begin to understand in a small way how difficult it is to be ridiculed and judged by people who don't have a clue what you are going through.

Cappy likes this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Suicide is for mentally weak pussies.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It’s not a matter of what one has with people who suffer from these propensities. It’s internal, emotional and mental.

My high school friend hanged himself and we did not suffer from a bad upbringing. We were all together the day before, played basketball ate pizza and went home.

Next day we hear he hanged himself. Shocking absolutely shocking.

We still have no answers to this day.

If someone can build up the courage to take his own life, there is something wrong. It’s not cowardly or weak, it’s not normal for people to desire to die.

#46 Red Menace, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Ralebird likes this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh yea it's fucking courageous to take your own life. Brave new world.

What ever happened to fucking dealing with it? Figure it out. Feel sad? Do something about it. Suck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Now it's a disease and you're worthy of a medal of bravery for killing yourself.

Jesus Christ. The pussification of America is very real. At least it's better than being one of these dirtbags who shoot up schools.

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's very easy to have that knee-jerk visceral reaction. I understand it. I get it. And I don't necessarily disagree and while no-one here is supporting his actions . . . not every suicide is the same. It is very misunderstood, always has been, always will be. I'm not gonna sit here and condemn someone who lives in unbearable physical pain, a virtual living Hell, with no hope of ever feeling better, no viable treatment available, no relief in sight for just wanting to be out of physical pain. Also realize that people who suffer debilitating depression feel a version and depth of the same physical pain I just mentioned, hence why it is so misunderstood and highly resistant to ANY treatment. I highly suggest "Lincoln's Melancholy". Know thy scorpions, and be better for it.

Yes of course, I feel so very sorry for Bourdain's daughter, and I wish her the very formidable task of healing from this, but you also have to take into account that MOST people who commit suicide are not RATIONAL in the first place - by extremely varying degrees - whether or not they are under the influence. For all we know, he thought he was doing his daughter a favor. Add to the fact that some who commit suicide ARE doing the world a favor, let's not forget about that. Easy to infer who those people those are. As an aside, my childhood dentist's wife left him. He set their house on fire, and then shot himself in the head while he was burning to death. And the guy was a nebbish and sweet as a lamb. See? Not rational.

If you want to talk about a a truly selfish suicide, I'll give you a Selfish Suicide Story bar none. My very close friend, Gianni (my nickname for him, he's fluent in Italian and we're both guineas and have glorious Food Wars) had the most bastard asshole Stepfather you could ever possibly imagine. One night over wine, he became very sullen. He's not a sullen person. So he asked me if he could tell me something that he never talks about. To anyone. Sure, of course, safe haven. It was near Father's Day, so I guess for some reason it was on his mind.

Gianni was four when his Mom re-married, and his Stepfather legally adopted him and changed his last name to his own (which was a previously beautiful Italian surname). It wasn't like the guy was trying to be nice. It was an act. What it actually was was a veiled form of ownership and control. Little did his Mom or anyone else know that this man was a walking nightmare. Fast forward several years, and his Stepfather fully showed his his true colors. A manipulative malignant narcissist and physically violent if things weren't "going his way". Childhood was pretty much defined by being verbally demoralized and being used as a punching bag when his Mom wasn't around. So when Gianni was 16 and and it was Father's Day, it just so happened that the usual escalation occurred - which was usually around every 2 - 3 mos. Stepfather had very shortly before suspected they were all gonna finally bolt - which was correct.

During said escalation where Gianni was using himself as a human shield to take blows for his younger brother - and I'm talking human shield - Gianni says while he's getting pummeled, "I hate you, and I hope you die. If you ever touch us again, I'll kill you." In Italian. He didn't yell it or scream it. Just very vendetta calm while he was getting the shit kicked out him with his brother shoved behind him. Stepfather was not Italian, but something about the tone clicked so then Gianni said it in English and he stopped hitting him. A very odd look came across his Stepfather's face. Stepfather got a pen and pencil and wrote something down on a writing pad. Stepfather calmly walked into a bedroom and closed the door. They took the opportunity to run, and fled in the car.

Gianni called the police from a payphone and reported him - again. The cops said they'd go over there and tell him to vacate the premises. "As if we'll be safe there even if he does." They drove back there within two blocks several hours later to scope it out. Only one cop car, no flashing lights. Gianni got out of the car, walked over, police tape is across the front yard. He knocked on the front door, cop opened it. "I'm Gianni X." "We're waiting for the Coroner. You don't want to go in there." His Stepfather shot himself to death in the recliner in the living room. Guess what the note on that writing pad said? "Dear John: This one's for you." A final bid for control to guilt him for life because he said that he hated him.

It wasn't the wine talking. Were weren't the least bit loaded. We hugged for a very long time, no words spoken, we're like that. The lingering anger he felt over that prick's last ultimate move of scumbaggery, but guess what? He's in the process of changing his surname back in Court. The happy ending to this SELFISH suicide, "The joke is on him. I'll never feel guilty. I'll always be glad he's dead." Strega curse for the win.

SO THAT'S MY SELFISH SUICIDE STORY.

#48 jetophile, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Red Menace likes this.
  9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Lost of one of my best friends to suicide. He blew his brains out with a shotgun in a hospital parking lot. He phoned it in beforehand and had all the paperwork to donate his organs to charity. This was like 15 years ago. Still bugs me to this day. Part of me is still mad at him because he had such a great life but on the other hand I don't know shit about suicide.

Brook! likes this.
  10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Steak au Poivre steak au revoir

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Just coming right out now and acknowledging that I’m not now and never will read jetophiles posts in full

jetophile, NotSatoshiNakamoto and FJF like this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

They are quite voluminous.

Sometimes I feel I need Cliff Notes.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I try I usually just get confused and wonder why the fuck I bothered trying to read a Joe post.

jetophile likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If you bothered to read my post, I was not glorifying suicide, you want to apply a blanket statement to something that is real.

My high school friend and I had very little problems, there was no stress, we didn’t have too much homework or anything of the sort.

We played basketball the day before, ate pizza and shared some laughs.

Normal people deal with their problems every single day, people in other poorer countries deal with worse living conditions and no one is taking their own lives because of those poor conditions.

It’s not normal for people to kill themselves.

The sisification of society as a whole is due to lack of accountability for people’s actions.
    Everyone wants to do whatever they want and not be responsible for anything or anyone.

Not because people can sympathize with others.

#54 Red Menace, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

kill yourself . : )

* Steak au Poivre: was an anthony bourdain signature dish at Les Halles
    * "au revoir": means goodby.....eh, why bother explaining it to some provincial lump living where Olive Garden's THE go-to for Italian...

NotSatoshiNakamoto and Ralebird like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree with not satoshi. When you become a father it means you can't go and kill yourself and destroy your child's life. If you are thinking on offing yourself wear a rubber for that reason. Personal responsibility should matter.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Nope, still idiots judging other people about something they know nothing about.

xxedge72x and Ralebird like this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I truly hope that I never get so obstinate or arrogant that I believe what goes on in my own life describes or prescribes life, or death, for everyone else.

joe and xxedge72x like this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You, .obstinate?...arrogant? . Not to worry.

^ looks like somebody's judging somebody.......

#59 joe, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Don't sell yourself short.