Anthony Bourdain Dead/Suicide By Hanging

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jun 8, 2018.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He could have quit and lived whatever life he wanted.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

At the age of 38 I had reasons to live. At the age of 61 maybe he didn't have anymore. Not joking. I don't want to live until I am 61. I want to die sooner. I hate death. But I hate the idea of being 60 more than I hate death. Just saying. Maybe age 60 was the tipping point for him and he called it quits.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Maybe steal the Shaman’s prettiest goat?

Suicide by beastiality?

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

11 year old daughter! WTF

5. Brook!

Stokes. Please come out of closet. Lol
    That’s what I thought. Wtf indeed.

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Dude, I hear you. I did the travel for work 24/7 for about 2 years myself. People who have never done it don't know what it's like. It's every fool's dream to "travel the country" and see places you have never seen before but it's never like that in the real world. Traveling for work is completely different than traveling for vacation. I was living on planes and hotels, it sucked. Had so much anxiety about catching flights and being on time and check in /out etc. I also did the heavy drinking in hotels and flights, misery loves company.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Misery loves company indeed. Loneliness during business travel is a bitch.

Antoni likes this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

@Brook! see if you can figure this one out. .

[​IMG]

9. Brook!

Who is Martha Stewart. I heard the name but don't know who the heck she is. Seriously. I am pretty far away from American popular culture. I am only interested in Jets and Food Network. Lol.

10. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Some dumb bitch who ran a cooking show and thought she was above the law. She insider traded--got information that a stock was heading south and cashed out before it hit rock bottom. Insider trading is very illegal when you have info that the general public does not and it allows you to make big gains or avoid heavy losses. They got her on that, perjury, and obstruction of justice.

Brook! likes this.
  11. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Next pardon?

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Easy thing to say. One of the reasons "shocking" high profile suicides continue to occur is because society's metrics on what constitutes a good life is materialistic and entirely devoid of any consideration for the individual who has successfully attained what society believes they are "supposed to". It is equally terrible for those who never come close to that level, in a very different way. There is not enough data about mental health disorders, nor an adequate quality of care. It may appear selfish, but until you (hopefully never) understand the depth of suffering that comes from mental health disorders, don't judge a book by its cover.

Brook! likes this.
  13. xxedge72x

Very sorry for what you've gone through. That is terrible, and not something you ever really get over.

Not this is any consolation whatsoever... I'm working for a Big Pharma company (not one that produces any form of anti-depressant or related drug), and... at least in my company, anti-kickbacks policies and training are quite intense. I know that doesn't mean squat in the real world... in my observation, this company at least has taken every "reasonable" measure to put a cap on it. The last time someone was caught doing it in my organization they were made a very high profile example of and the drum was beat quite a bit. Hopefully this is improving in this space in general. I'm sure the corruption will never truly go away.

Brook! likes this.
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sorry, anyone who chooses to abandon and mind fuck their children is a selfish asshole in my book. You'll never convince me otherwise. His 11 year old daughter not only has to grow up without a daddy, but with the pain of knowing he choose to take his own life instead of raise her.

I liked Bourdain, I just find this repulsive given the daughter.

#34 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Suicide is no joke and its definitely not cool.

I read something in the New Yorker about suicide several years back. What stuck with me was an interview with some guy who survived a leap off a bridge. He talked about how despondent he'd been and all that and that the moment he stepped off he knew it was a huge mistake and the answer to all his problems was suddenly as clear as a bell to him. The entire way down he was thinking about how badly he'd fucked up.

Just a goddamned waste, all around. Now when my body is physically shot or my mind is pudding, you can set me out on the next ice flow.

Brook! likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What is amazing to me is... All of these recent celebrity suicides have several things in common. They have attained elite status in their lives but found themselves without anything to live for..

Oh the irony...

#36 Cman68, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I've been keeping my mouth shut, but now I'm going to open it. You've very clearly never been in his position. You've very clearly have never experienced what it's like to feel hopeless, that there's literally nothing you can do and it will never get better. So maybe think about that before calling someone else an asshole and becoming one yourself.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's an asshole who CHOSE to abandon his 11 year old daughter. I don't give a shit what his "feelings" were. He made a choice that makes him an asshole. You can call me an asshole because of something I said but the fact of the matter is his actions are much more devastating to others than my fucking words.

Think about that.

19. Brook!

I think you two should agree to disagree. There is no right or wrong answer to this. One one side what he did to himself is very sad and makes you feel for him but on the other hand leaving an 11 year old behind makes you more sad for the girl.

20. xxedge72x

I don't blame you for not understanding. It clearly isn't easy for most. Do some research from a different point of view from your own and you may learn a few things. Suicide is many things. Selfish is not one of them. Selfish is eating a third slice of pizza when no one else has had more than 1. Suicide is a symptom of a disease that causes an unimaginable amount of pain. You wouldn't begrudge a cancer patient who wants to end it. It's the same for people who reach a point where suicide is viable, except in this case you can't physically see the signs. In this specific sense, depression is more lonely than cancer.