Sam Darnold Is 21 Today

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by hwismer, Jun 5, 2018.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Florence Henderson did. . And got a dose of the clap for her troubles.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Every time I hear Mayor Lindsay's name, I think about the blizzard that buried Queens back I think in '69. Queens was buried for a week. Cost Lindsay any chance for re election.

#42 Cman68, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    jetophile and RPOZ51 like this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Don't worry Brooks, when you turn 21 we're going to take you out for a drink and lap dance too....:)

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Can’t wait :)

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I feel the same way when someone recognizes the cover

RPOZ51 likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Was it ever determined if she got it from him or he got it from her?

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brook!, TonyFtLaud, FJF and 2 others like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Correct, Cman, you got it: buried. I'll NEVER forget that storm. Close to a hundred people died, including a young couple who froze to death in their car at Kennedy Airport. My Daddy slipped on our driveway when he was shoveling and broke his arm and we couldn't even get to the ER. The storm, his broken arm/impossible to get his arm set because we couldn't get to Flushing Hospital, and the shoddy way the storm was handled made him detest Lindsay even more. The entire borough of Queens wanted Lindsay's head on a spike. Flushing alone wasn't plowed for days on end. And yep, that blizzard was career suicide for Lindsay. When my Daddy got a cast put on over five days later, he wrote 'Thanks, Mayor Lindsay' on it with his free hand, lol.

I'm really enjoying some of the posts in here, even though Sam Darnold kind of turned into who the hell is that guy, anyway. Since the thread has been moved, I guess it's OK to stay completely off-topic. It kinda of turned into the fossils of TGG, where old people on the board go to die, haha.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. jetophile

Yeah, "Enquiring Minds" want to know!

10. jetophile

Ah, the good old days when young people WORKED. Waldbaum's, I have a Waldbaum's Story (like I always say, all of my stories are true). The old man worked in a Waldbaum's in his early teens. His Dad, as soon as you were old enough to get your working papers, guess what sonny boy, get a job. He worked night crew and almost every Mgr. in the store were ex-convicts (nothing wrong with that, mind you - people who did their time deserve a chance, I'm all for that). One Mgr. in particular had been convicted of some kind of violent felony and had done serious time years before, armed robbery or something like that, but he was a very good guy albeit very rough around the edges. He really like my husband because he was a very hard worker and never slacked off or called in sick, and would cover for people on a minute's notice. His Mgr. called him a fckn asshole all the time. A term of endearment, lol.

So a couple of years go by and the old man gets promoted to Assistant Frozen Food Mgr. on the day shift. He was a pathological stutterer when he was young (I'm going somewhere with this) without much hope of a cure. Speech therapy, nothing was working. And my FIL, "Look at this stupid bastard, he can't even talk." Brutal, old school, when your parents murdered you with words, but he laughs about it now. He even laughed about it then, but it was a sad and very socially difficult way to live because kids can be absolute bastards to other kids. The breakthrough was when the old man realized his stutter completely disappeared when he sang. So when he was around 9 years old, he starting singing all the time - EVEN IF FRONT OF HIS 4th GRADE CLASS. He has a beautiful voice to this day. It's very soft and soothing. So yeah, against all odds, he conquered his stutter all by himself. Hold on now, I told you I was going somewhere with this, and I am.

So back to Waldbaum's. The old man VERY rarely - if he's really happy, excited, or stressed - and sometimes completely out of nowhere - stutters on vowels or vowel sounds, which was his biggest final obstacle in his former stutter war. "Frozen food, I need a price check on x,y,z." Uh-oh, it's 89 cents, and he has to talk over the PA. He had a flashback and could picture himself saying, "Eigh-eigh-eigh-eigh-EIGHTY nine cents." So ya know what? Fukk it. "Ninety-nine cents." LMAO.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. jetophile

Who remembers Bohacks? Korvette's? Orbachs? Gimbels? Woolworths? Sam Darnold's great-great-grandmother, maybe.

Cman68, RPOZ51 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

My brother worked at a Bohacks and EJ Korvettes was a once a week shop. And Orbachs on Old Country Road was a staple. I forget there were a couple of stores right in that mall with Orbachs and a toy store across the street where I waited in line for Beanie Baby’s for my first daughter.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

HA.. yeah... except my older buddies wanted to torture me with Jager instead.
    "Molly Browns" in Daytona (I think that place is still there..... and she was the "Penthouse Pet of the year" and very acrobatic :)

Funny thing was, I wasn't even that excited when I turned 21 (to the shock of everyone that knew me)..... I had rock solid fake IDs since I was 17, that even fooled cops, despite my 14yr old looking baby face. (That was the beginning of putting my budding "graphic design" skills to the test ;) ).... never intended to show cops, but sometimes circumstances dictate.

This summer will make that over half my life ago :(

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. jetophile

So you're gonna be 43? Pfffft. Babe in the woods.

15. jetophile

Holy Crap, joe, not the clap! Mayor Lindsay gave Mrs. Brady crabs! That's the answer! My head will rest comfortably on the pillow tonight knowing that Flo Ho told the world he gave her pube lice in a book she wrote. Hahaha. Now that's what I call a Krabby Patty!

joe likes this.
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

jetophile and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I know, you're right.....look at it as just a figure-of-speech slip up. . VD..STD..it's all the same to me (outside of HIV).

♫♫ "Trust herpies, for the rest of your life..."

#57 joe, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  18. jetophile

I generally don't read or care for the huffpost, but that was an extremely funny read. Highly quotable.

"I was lonely. I knew it wasn’t the right thing to do. So, what did I do? I did it,” she writes in “Life Is Not A Stage". And, following a night’s sleep at home, she found out the hard way about the City that Never Sleeps.

“Guess I learned the hard way that crabs do not discriminate but cross over all socioeconomic strata,” Henderson writes. “He must have had quite the active life. What a way to put the kibosh on a relationship.”

Crabs do not discriminate, LMAO. The bigger question is, how did John Lindsay not notice he had critters in his crotch? That's just so weird.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

crabs have gone the way of polio or somethin'. I understand you old geezers had a real problem with that. We have other stuff to worry about these days. It might even be worse today, idk, but I havent heard of anyone my age getting crabs

20. jetophile

"Crabs have gone the way of polio or somethin' ". Oh, boy, potential signature material right there. I don't why this made me laugh like hell, but it did. You should copyright that and make T-shirts. They'd sell like hotcakes, would definitely buy. Oh, and I'm glad you don't know if it might be even worse today. Which means you don't have crabs.

BrowningNagle likes this.