17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I think I saw 17a at a game last year, going up the escalator but did not talk. We met once.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

What’s up brother. I only went to the Carolina game. Tailgate still in the same spot

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's one of the games I went to. Yeah man, I park over the road from there north of the Izod. Saw you on the escalator from a distance. I hope all is well. Now I know you still gate at the same spot i will stop by. U guys bring the energy

4. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

You bring back memories. How about that playoff game win against jags??? The loudest it's EVER been.....EVEEEEERRRRR!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

314 is my old section in Giants stadium which was the side of the end zone. I never asked to move because I loved the people. Once we got the new place, I asked to move and the stuck me back in the same area which sucked because it was father away and no one was left. It took me years to get to the 45 yard line upper deck 10th row which was great but as u know I cancelled last year after 36 years ( 1981) and now I am a stub hub season holder

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

My favorite chant is the old stadium was " Who's here in December" We would start the chant in October. Also, this old jewish guy Murray, who had the aisle seat, you used to scream at people who left early and we all would join in and embarass them. So many god damm laughs.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Ah yes, Murray. Quite the character he is. I remember going to his place for Passover back in '92 and getting yelled at for being the first one to leave. Nothin' changed.

LogeSection2RowJ, sec314 and Brook! like this.
  8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i assume murray wouldnt invite you over since, you know, you dont exist to him.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Let my people go is not something Murray uttered at jet games

LogeSection2RowJ and alleycat9 like this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, man, that was one of the best games I ever attended. Watch Keyshawn block! Watch Keyshawn catch! Watch Keyshaw run! Undoubtedly the most complete game of his career. Haha, remember they had the Jaguar logo on the Jumbotron and it would get blown up (animated)? The crowd was screaming and cheering like the crowd in the original 'Rollerball'.

The only game that rivaled it as to crowd noise - and it may have even been louder - was the home game against the Cheats where we all got a mini-football in the mail and a Rex Ryan phone call. I tried to find that photo of Sanchez jumping in the air and the Gatorade cup flying just for old time's sake, but no can do. I'm sure you remember which photo I mean. Everyone was standing and slapping and slamming their palms onto the seat in front of them and just yelling and screaming like crazy with the air raid sirens going off. It was incredible, and everyone was caught up in it, every seat, every row. Not only did I almost have to be strapped to a gurney and wheeled out in a body bag by the end of the game, I lost my voice for a week. Would do again. That was one of the greatest exits out of The Old Dump and funnest walks back to the car ever. I don't think I ever hugged or was hugged by so many random strangers in my life. High fives galore, people jumping up and down, screaming the Jets chant on the way out, it was so great. Hope you were there.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Imagine if we ever won a championship game at home. My dream.

12. jetophile

We have about as much chance of that happening as winning the mother lode of Power Ball. And I'm talkin' one winner. I'm with ya, though. Without dreams you got nothin;. Only thing is, dreams as a Jets fan are usually uninvited nightmares. Daymares, too. Who amongst you hasn't spaced out at a stoplight re-living the horror of yesterday's loss on the way to work on a Monday morning? You know who you are.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its the reason i had seasons for 36 years, one magical season toped with a home win to go to the super bowl. I gave my tickets because i gave up my dream, mostly because I decided the one constant in all the losing was the owner. Now that we have a different owner, and maybe a real good QB, I am allowing myself to dream again but without wasting my $ on seasons. And the playoff loss to the browns still bothers me, never mind a regular season game a year ago.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was IN DENVER. I was IN PITTSBURGH. Thanks for bringing it up :eek:

15. jetophile

Denver! Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch! I'm still nauseous and traumatized. I can't decide between Rolaids or sedatives to this day. Hopefully you weren't in Pittsburgh twice. That would be like winning the Death Trifecta.

#19455 jetophile, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Nope. It's how I've lived to fight another day.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I still get the feeling halftime of the Denver game is as close as we get while I am alive

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

So, who is excited for upcoming season? Will any of you get back on the Season Ticket wagon?

19. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Hellllllllll nooooooo!!!!! Not until preseason is excluded would I ever consider. You can find great values on the secondary market and not get stuck with a whole season at inflated price.

20. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Hellllllllll nooooooo!!!!! Not until preseason is excluded would I ever consider. You can find great values on the secondary market and not get stuck with a whole season at inflated price.