Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hoping it doesn't rain today. Supposed to play in a charity golf tournament tomorrow afternoon.

3. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

So got back last night and we absolutely loved our stay at the Caldwell House. Only got to eat breakfast the one day as we slept in the second day due to my wife having to go back to work last night for her ICU shift (1st year intern pee on), but breakfast was awesome and we were blessed with great weather Friday when we thought it was supposed to rain all day.

We were a bit disappointed from reading the reviews about brotherhood as my wife isn’t a fan of Chilean wine(she’s the drinker) so at the strain of my wallet, we ended up going to Woodbury Common instead, we were both disappointed Magnolia bakery closed down their location there as we were both looking forward to some banana pudding.

Enjoyed a nice dinner at Blu Pointe but didn’t have enough time to hit up the chocolatier so maybe next time.

Thanks again for all your info!

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Glad you guys had a decent stay,,,,,Im a Vodka Guy and drink mostly Kettle One but I do drink wine from time to time as the wife and family are wine drinkers but I stray,,,,Longer if you are unaware of, Concha y Toro / from Chile is a pretty decent Cabernet,,,but what do I know lol
    In keeping with the thread it is damn humid out today and I might have to powder up,,,,,,,ps T storms are a brewin

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No chocolate?! NO CHOCOLATE?! Boooooooo, hisssssss!!! Holy Hell, F Woodbury Common. Coming home from a Jets game on Thanksgiving some years back, tons of buses from NYC were stuffed to near dangerous capacity with Japanese tourists. Pre-Black Friday sales. It took us almost 3 hours to get home in what would usually take an hour & 10 tops. I wanted Godzilla to re-stomp Tokyo. It was ridiculous. The thing with Woodbury Common is that people feel buying designer shoes for $250 as opposed to $900 is worth the trip. The only shoes that are actually even worth $250 in the first place are boots for lumberjacks who cut down trees in the woods of Maine for a living. And those boots are not sold at Woodbury Common. I hate shopping. I hate malls. Jesus Christ, I even detest having to buy socks and underwear.

No worries about the info! I hope you enjoyed breakfast on my childhood table. If you're ever up this way again, shoot me a PM and I'll recommend a few restaurant gems. The only problem with recommending a place is you goddamn well know it's gonna have an off night when you recommend it. "How was it?" "Eh, it kinda sucked." lol

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Memorial weekend washout due to tropical disturbance in FL this weekend....... too early for this. Todays the first day of no rain in a week too. I'm gonna start building an ark.

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey SB...I don't want to hear it...want to hear numbers for Wilmington, N.C?

Saturday: 5.40 " of rain
    Today so far 3.9" of rain
    Total rain past 5 days 11.21"

Stop your washout whining...lol

8. stinkyB

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

ahh...something to look forward to.....this is incredible.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Looks like it is staying a bit further west, maybe just a little less rainfall for us in Fla., right now showing me getting 4-6 to go with the 8 or so from last week.
    [​IMG]

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

And the rain started less than 40 minutes ago, have over an inch already. Something tells me the estimates are a bit low, this is the light stuff on the edge I think.

12. stinkyB

On the fence if I'm charging to the Panhandle to find surf......

13. Greenday4537

What a boring weather day in South Jersey. Practically no rain overnight. Just overcast skies this morning. Kinda wanted some rain for the lawn.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greenday ,,thats amazing as Im looking at the radar and it says raining in South Jersey. I also have friends down that way that are saying its been storming since last night and that their dogs have been freaking out,,no one got much sleep ,,,,,

15. Greenday4537

Where in South Jersey? Weather seems to arc north of the AC area. Started lightly raining about 30 minutes ago.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greenday I have friends all over jersey,,,,,,,buddy near AC said crazy at 3 am and my friend in Monmouth says flooding everywhere ,,pool wayyyyyyy over flowing said it came down in buckets,,,,,and streets are closed

17. Greenday4537

No idea. Some rain during the day but nothing crazy.

Just started raining hard. I'd love to just lay here and listen to it but wife is watching Brooklyn 99.

18. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Hey guys, need a favor. Can anyone get me a detailed forecast for the Belmont Stakes on Saturday? Rain will definitely make a difference in my wagering......

Thanks!

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

For 10% of your winnings? No problem

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

7% fee here. LMK!!!!!!