Leo named #16 to PFFs Top 25

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TrojanPride, May 20, 2018.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Todd Gurley, Amari Cooper, Trae Waynes, and Vic Beasley would disagree with you.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Exactly the Monday morning QB second guessing I expected.

Well done with the Google.

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

No, I just know the draft you little homer. This team didn’t need DTs at the time and needed pass rushers and receivers more. He’s not an impact player and was invisible most of last year and was called out by the media and the fans for his lack of production.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You can verify that second guessing with Madden and Fantasy numbers. Somehow Mac needs a program to get this insight before hand like some of the sharpies here if he's worth a damn as a GM.

FJF likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There’s two intelligent groups.

HomeoftheJets, donkey and joe like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

most people are "stat analyzers" so only look at his sack total and expect more. also some people tend to remember the bad over the good. there was a good article from PFF about sean smith because oakland fans though they rated him way too high and they broke down his rating. he let up some big plays so oakland fans had the "he sucks he gets burned a lot" but when you look at the overall it was only a few bad plays, and a lot of good plays. Memory is funny like that. With leo his sack numbers are low, but he gets a lot of pressure and QB hits. those things don't show up on stat sheets but result in making the QB uncomfortable and incomplete passes and throwaways and prevent big plays. Leo has a big impact. he also eats up double teams and allows others to make plays 1 on 1

7. Rollo Tomassi

Who the hell are you calling homer?

I wasn’t defending Williams just stating a fact that he was widely regarded as the best player in the draft and likely top 3.

Draft projections aren’t based on “need” they are based on talent regardless of need.

Go second guess some more based upon what’s happened since the draft.

I was talking about the morning OF the draft not second guessing now.

Walt White likes this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

I honestly hate children that feel compelled to google “who was drafted after Leo Williams that’s played better since the draft” and use that in an argument as to who was the highest rated player at the actual time of the draft.

You could probably find a third rounder who’s had more of an impact than Leo and you’ll get children whining “we shoulda drafted THAT guy-I knew it all along! Fuck Mac!!”

K'OB, Walt White and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I'm so aware of this. They see single digit sacks and then claim that they have no effect on games. It's the SportsCenter mentality of stats and highlights. No sacks, no influence on the game.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly. some people just go about their business and do a good job but don't get noticed. it's a shame fans want to shit on people who do this. Leo is exactly the type of player you want on your team. a good guy, mature, a good teammate , a leader who does his job, does the dirty work, and makes QBs uneasy in the pocket. Sure i'd like to see more sacks, but sacks aren't everything.

LF911SC likes this.
  11. LF911SC

Never mind he had dog shit in Mo playing on the other side. Best is the fans who make these comments tell you they watched him every game and didn't see him cause problems for OL. But somehow they missed that Williams was doubled and more on pretty much every single snap. How do people miss this, especially on a team that has so few players worth watching every time they're on the field.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I know it's tough to swallow that we should have taken Gurley or Beasley, Gurley is an elite weapon and Beasley has elite pass rush potential, I don't give a single fuck that he struggles with the run, where has run stuffing gotten the jets? Nowhere... rush the pass, defend the pass and load up on Fat run stuffing DT's and DE's in the latter round or cheap in free agency

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

How come Beasley only had 5 sacks last year? He does not have elite pass rush potential ... RBs are a dime a dozen in the draft. They could've easily gotten Kamara or Kareem Hunt.

I'll easily take Leonard Williams.

donkey, GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  14. 6-10 once again

He definitely has elite pass rush potential... he was injured a lot of last year, had 15.5 the year prior.

Gurley helped transform the Rams offense , Leo will never transform a defense.

15. LF911SC

You also have to factor in longevity. RBs don't last and contribute nearly as long as DL do. And for what it's worth 1,100, 800 and 1,200 yards at 4.2 per isn't an elite weapon.

16. 6-10 once again

Those are his rushing yards, he has developed into a elite weapon in the receiving department, that's what makes him so valuable, he can do everything

17. 101GangGreen101

He lacks pass rush moves. He also played in 14 and started 8 games. I also saw a stat that the majority of Beasley's sacks his first year were against backups and rookies. I actually think Tak the other guy they drafted is just as good if not better then Beasley. I liked Tak a lot coming out of the draft.

Gurley didn't transform the offense, Sean McVay did. He put them in the right situation to succeed. Leo is very disruptive on the line, hopefully he puts it all together and finishes the plays, but you watch him play and hes beating guys and doing whats asked of him.

18. 101GangGreen101

This is also true, RB draft classes have been deep for some time now. He might not even be the best RB in that draft as David Johnson was in the same draft I believe. Just like Zeke, there was a Jordan Howard to be had in the later rounds.

Gurley is part of a great team, that has a mastermind at the HC position.

LF911SC likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

this is a big year for Leonard Williams. He's been up and down, I thought he would be better last season.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

Yeah I thought he would too, but then Mo decided to bitch and not play to his standards. This defensive line is rebuilt and hopefully it will allow Leonard to do his thing on the field and generate more sacks.

K'OB and LF911SC like this.