2019 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, May 21, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

#1 boozer32, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We won’t have be picking 2 but bosa would be a great fit. If Garcia became the lt we need with darnold and bosa we would have a legit title contender real fast
    Assuming they lived up to their draft status of course

JohnnyP123456 and boozer32 like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

How does Bosa compare with his brother (who was / is nasty!)?
    I've really only watched 2 OS games last year

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Some say he could be better than Joey. If he's available when we pick, I wouldn't mind getting him. He's the edge rusher we haven't had since Abraham.

5. stinkyB

If that's the case, they should take him regardless..... granted, I don't think they'll be picking high enough (but still near the front end) and should most likely focus on OT/G

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd say that OL and edge rusher are both big needs. Get the better talent and don't reach for OL. Both positions are supposed to be deep in next year's draft and we'll have a ton of $$$ to spend in free agency.

NCJetsfan, FJF and stinkyB like this.
  7. stinkyB

YAAAAAY...... SOMEONE GETS IT! :D

FJF and CotcheryFan like this.
  8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Would love the Bosa pick. Absolutely love. The only way I would want to go somewhere else, is if there is a Top 5 OL on the board with no doubt All Pro potential (Quentin Nelson type).

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Like some of the others, there's no way I see the Jets picking #2 next offseason. If Bosa's there at their pick however, they should sprint to the podium and take him if he's healthy and had the kind of season that I think he will. The only other need that could possibly outweigh edge rusher is the LT spot, but I don't think that there will be an LT in the draft who is as talented, who has been as good, or who has as high a ceiling as Bosa does. Protecting Darnold's blind side is crucial and will give a lot more weight to the LT position, but Garcia could develop or there could be a good enough LT in FA that the Jets could opt to sign him for a couple of years to protect Darnold's blind side, give Garcia another year to develop, look to either take an LT prospect in the 2nd round or lower, or get an LT in the 2020 draft and either let him play RT his rookie season, then move over to LT the following season, or compete with or possibly sit and learn from the vet for a year then start the following year.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would love Bosa, but if the Jets are picking that high, I would like to see them move down a spot or two for a team wanting a QB.

If they're picking that high, and there are no available trades, I'd take Bosa no questions. Fills a major hole.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The schedule,with minimal long travel sites, alone dictates the Jets have the potential to exceed 17's 5-11 campaign.

I'd love Bosa too, but I'm not sure he'll be avail. with the Jets' pick.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

#2 spot in the draft is a prime trade rape spot. That should be the first priority in next years draft, after that the priority is building around Darnold.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Not sure why any self respecting publication would have us going #2 barring a disaster. I get that some might not buy into what is being built here, but to predict us being the second worst team in the NFL is just crazy.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Why? Because everyone will click on anything that has the jets as one of the worse teams in the league.
    If you’re looking for clicks, bash the jets.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with this in principle, but only if it means the Jets won't risk losing Bosa if they really like him, or if there is another edge rusher or LT they have rated at about the same level and they'd be guaranteed of getting one of them. This would mean that if the Jets are drafting around #4 and the #5 team want the Jets to move down in exchange for their 2nd round draft pick, and they guarantee the Jets that they won't be taking Bosa or that player. This could also work if they were going to move down 2-3 spots, and have spoken to the team that they're trading with, know that they aren't going to take Bosa or the player the Jets want, and the other team or two that would pick before the Jets, don't have glaring needs at edge rusher or LT (whichever position the player plays that the Jets want to get). If there isn't an edge rusher or LT that really stands out to the Jets where they're picking in the 1st round, then I'd hope they would trade down, recoup a 2nd round pick and possibly more, and then hopefully grab an edge rusher or LT at the lower spot in the 1st or in the 2nd (trading up in that round if need be) to get an edge rusher or LT that they like.

16. I think either edge or OL gets addressed via FA & we’ll hone in on the other position early. In fact,if things fall right both needs can be addressed in FA based on some of the potential UFAs & the team’s high cap #.

In that scenario we’re looking at trading down or BPA w an eye toward a #1 target for Darnold;This WR class looks to have quite a few playmakers

boozer32 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

2019?? Wow ..whats the hurry

LOL I guess at the 2 spot they are predicting a complete Season disas
    2019? whats the hurry?

LOL I see at 2 they are predicting a complete meltdown for the 2018 season (which I agree)

Bosa is tempting but LT/OL MUST be addressed unless you want your FQB hurt

They need young OL Free agents or Bosa an afterthought imo

boozer32 likes this.
  18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Why not go with the Sporting News article. They have us picking 1st with a DT. Hahaha

Lol at this bullshit

6-10 once again likes this.
  19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

There is a good chance Bosa goes 1 overall next year. A pass rusher is a key piece that this team desperately needs. I wouldn’t hold ur breath for Bosa though

boozer32 likes this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Glad you put that little disclaimer in there at the end. We haven't had a lot of luck with draftees doing that.