Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mayfield was NEVER recruited by any College Coach. IMO an incredible player who WALKED ON and got the QB at Oklahoma plus a Heisman..he has an "it" factor that affects the rest of his teammates to perform well Many GMs recognized that

My gut says that this is a win win for BOTH the Browns and the Jets since we ended with an elite QB as well.

You Mayfield haters must know better ...but this kid will make it

Noam likes this.
  2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed, they had the chance to come out of the draft with Darnold & Chubb, yet passed on both. It's mind boggling, but I guess people were higher on Mayfield than we all realized. We knew the fans liked him, but I thought it was a given that the Browns came out of this draft with Darnold plus Chubb or Barkley, but failed completely. I could be wrong, maybe Ward is THAT guy, and Baker could light it up next year, but it seems a lot more risky.

FJF likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Darnold and Chubb or Barkley and whichever of the 3-4 QBs that were left.

They must have really loved Mayfield.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That Mayfield's agent needs to tell the world how much the Pats loved Mayfield, whether it's true or not, doesn't reflect well on Mayfield.

FJF and LF911SC like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't believe anything that Cowherd says. It's entirely plausible that Dorsey and didn't tell the HC. The reason that Dorsey was fired in KC was because he was secretive and didn't let others know what was going on. It's his modus operandi.

In terms of Allen, I never believed that he was in serious consideration for the #1 pick. If one or more of the Cleveland scouts were pushing for him, it would help explain why the Browns hired several new scouts (in addition to there usually being scouting changes following the draft, especially when there's a new GM).

6. NCJetsfan

Exactly. Baker may bust, but I'll be shocked if he does. If he proves to be as good as I think he will, I'm gonna laugh my ass off at the buffoons who claimed he was gonna be a bust. I'll bet you that not a one of them is man enough to admit that he was wrong.

7. NCJetsfan

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

8. NCJetsfan

Facts, facts, facts. Don't distract him from his agenda with facts that prove the opposite.

9. NCJetsfan

No, that's not what he said. There's a difference in meaning. RIF

10. NCJetsfan

That's rich. You tell westie to grow up, yet you use a stupid, juvenile phrase like "butt hurt." None of us are "butt hurt." We're just sick of the "know it all attitude" that some posters have and the continued childish shots at Mayfield and those who like him.

11. NCJetsfan

All what Baker topics and "I love you, Baker" topics? Other than my post wishing Baker well on draft day (or the day after) I haven't seen a single thread about Baker Mayfield until this one popped up.

12. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

That's exactly what he said. You interpret your way.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. LF911SC

Tell you what. I'm sick of the defense of a player who thankfully isn't on our team. Mayfield is Clevelands problem, not ours. We got the better QB. And yes, there are a pile of Baker fans who acted all butt hurt. Sorry it's true. I laid out my feelings. Insulted no one. Said clearly I just like Sam better and it's not because I think Baker sucks and somehow you have a problem with what I said attitude wise? If someone prefers Darnold it's a case of having a know it all attitude? Nothing I wrote is problematic to anyone with a fair mind.

#113 LF911SC, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Interesting. I didn't know about that during his KC term. But he does come across as a bit of a secretive guy. You shouldn't be an open book as GM either but Dorseys methods will lead to distrusting and alienation in Cleveland. And ultimately I don't think Baker will work out there and Dorsey will be fired over it.

15. NCJetsfan

I'm not "interpreting" anything. There is a difference in the two. If you can't see it, then you have a problem with reading and understanding the English language.

16. NCJetsfan

Why should you care if some posters defend Mayfield? It's no skin off of your nose. It's fine that you think that Darnold is better. He may be. Who comprises this "pile of Baker fans who acted all butt hurt." To begin with, that is such a stupid, juvenile phrase. You must be 13 years old.

I didn't say that because someone prefers Darnold that means they have a "know-it-all" attitude. You truly have a problem with reading comprehension. The ones with the "know-it-all" attitude are the ones who strongly stated that Mayfield is gonna be a bust in the NFL. It's one thing to say that you think he could bust, but to say unequivocally that a player is going to be a bust, is a "know-it-all" attitude.

17. LF911SC

All you do is argue with everything I post. Call most of it juvenile. Now I'm 13. You have issues.

I haven't said he will be a bust. Clearly wrote I like Darnold better because I think he's better not because Baker sucks. So why the know it all comment was even brought up or are you saying there are too many saying it.

GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Why should the Mayfield camp care about what the Pats thought of him, let alone tell stories about it which may or may not be true? Sounds like they're more concerned with publicity than football.

LF911SC likes this.
  19. LF911SC

It was Baker's agent who made the story up regarding the Pats interest in his client.

20. NCJetsfan

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that that info was released in response to some in the media mocking the Browns selection of Mayfield at #1.

Why wouldn't the Mayfield camp care about that? Until someone dethrones the Pats and Brady and/or Belicheat retire, they are the team to beat, and if the Pats were interested in Mayfield, that's news. Everyone knows they need to find a successor for Brady.