Be thankful for McCown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, May 11, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Mike Tomlin wasn't even good enough for the pros. Can't believe those loser Steelers hired him. They'll never win a ring!

Same with that no-talent hack Pete Carroll. Didn't even TRY to go pro he was so bad at football. God speed to anyone who hires him!

stinkyB, TrojanPride and Ralebird like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For the record, great players don't necessary make great coaches, and many great, in fact superb coaches were ho hum players or no players at all.
    The is no correlation at all.
    I respect MacCown and believe he could be a great coach. Knowledge of the game, integrity, hardwork and leadership. You don't need to throw the perfect spiral under pressure to teach youngsters how to play the game properly. You have to be able and willing to explain the process behind it, what to look for and how to execute. And you have to be unselfish in giving it all, something many superstars just don't have the time nor the makeup for.

3. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

I'm happy, and grateful for Josh McGown. Sam is only 20 years old, although mature beyond his years, a steady veteran willing to mentor a young QB - on and off the field, is priceless.

I realize he (Sam) will be paid a considerable amount of money, but a willing and kind man as mentor far from home is a blessing, even for a short time.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And Bill Belichick played D3 football. D3! What a loser, the only way he can ever succeed is by cheating! (Oh wait...)

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

"Josh McCown is a national treasure and we should be grateful that he still is holding onto a career in the NFL."

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Bill Parcells couldn't even make it on the Lions practice squad, I can't believe any team hired him!

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

While Josh knows what end is up (i.e. his career:)), it's nice to see the Jets aren't plagued with the
    Ben/MasonRudolph or Flacco/LamarJackson standoffish b.s.

Fingers crossed that the fatty on the right (Spencer Long, C) stays healthy.

[​IMG]

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Oh OK...so Big Ben has 10 times the 'reason' to train his replacement, right?

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Big Ben isn't looking so "big" these days. IF Ben had designs on being a coach after his career was over, I'm sure his reaction would have been much different. As it is, Ben just got informed that he's mortal and his career arrow with the Steelers isn't pointing up anymore. His replacement is on the team, his age is now an issue, and he's having real problems dealing with it. You have to have a big ego to be a big Qb and Ben's ego just got pricked. Its not a new story is it... Old bull about to be replaced by a younger one.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The world will be a better place after BigBen retires and we don't have to see him on Sunday's

Cman68 and LAJet like this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Need to send this post out 100 times. This board and some posters is the only place on the planet McCown is revered. When I hear about players leadership ability McCown name never comes out of anyone's mouth. As far as him being a coach what qualifies him for that? Like you said his coaching whisperer job with Petty and Hackenberg speaks volumes. I realize some lousy players have become good coaches and some great players have been lousy coaches. I just wish McCown post football career had started already.

12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Jenn Sterger has the pics to support your opinion... :D

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Rather see him as a coach than a player, Boozer

boozer32 and Cman68 like this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I agree with this. I think this should be Josh's last year on the field and honestly, he shouldn't play this entire season either. Once the OLine gets the zone blocking down pat and the Wr's get set with Bates' system, then its Darnold time. I wonder if having Darnold up in the booth with Bates watching the big picture and how games develop would be a good idea. Especially early on in the season. He could watch in real time and get a broader view of the field. At least McCown isn't having a Big Ben style hissy fit so we should be thankful.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Rather see Bridgewater play till 14 is ready, he is only 25

16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Hmm haven't thought of this.. Have any QB's done this in the past? As much as I think this would be beneficial, I am leaning toward having him on the sideline with the guys. He needs to get used to that NFL sideline atmosphere. He can always see the plays from up above on the tablets as they happen.

CotcheryFan and FJF like this.
  17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would too even better a coach on someone else's team lol.