Matt Patricia Prediction

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Patriot, May 11, 2018.

1. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Bingo. I'm not sure the Pats are responsible. However, unless you assume this story was the work of a reporter with too much time on his hands, someone had to tip him off. Why now? If it was someone with a grudge against Patricia, why not do it when he was being considered for the Lions job? That might have scuttled his hiring. Very, very strange.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yep

The Pats made Josh McDaniel the highest paid assistant in the league after they had left him go once, and didn't want to let him go again.

With Patricia, they knew they had some skeletons in his closet to try to make him come back. I think that will work.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I get the angle but I highly doubt anything ever comes of a 20 year old indictment that never went to trial. The Pats run is about to be over anyway. This guy is insignificant to them.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They are the most blatantly arrogant team in all of professional sports, and that includes the criminally corrupt soccer teams.

A team like that doesn't believe their run will ever be over.

5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I am not suggesting that the treatment Patricia gets from Goodell will be because he was a Patriot. It was my understanding that the clown shirt Patricia wore really pissed of Roger. This and only this is the reason I think is the reason Patricia's situation will get more scrutiny. He is no longer with the Pats so this does not affect the Pats. Maybe I am wrong and Goodell has gotten over the clown shirt, we will see.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. Patriot

You may be right here.

I believe the statue of limitations on rape in Texas is 10 years, unless the victim is a minor. So I am no Perry Mason, but I think Texas can't do much now. However the NFL need not follow the rule of law where the owners and Goodell are Judge, Jury, and Executioner. So the NFL can have its own investigation and say we think he is probably guilty and you know the rest. Had Patricia not wore the Goodell clown shirt, the NFL would have probably dismissed this.

7. Patriot

I think he has to say he is innocent or otherwise he leaves the impression that he is guilty. This impression would lead to him being fired.

Michigan right now is very sensitive about sexual assault cases due to what happened in MSU.

8. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Given the #metoo movement, everyone is very sensitive now about sexual-assault cases. How many people in professional sports do you think are shitting a brick wondering when or if some of their past unsavory conduct is going to come out?

Patriot likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

But, but, but, Julian Edelman stopped a school shooting on Twitter!

10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

So Patricia was with the Pats for what, 14 years, and no one knew anything about this until he left?

Why does so much sleaze come out of NE?

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Patricia was abusing young boys for years on the Patriots. This is nothing new. The questionable part is that it's supposedly a girl.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It was an unfortunate choice for the movement when you consider most adults still interpret the # to mean "pound".

13. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

That is fucking hilariously ironic.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  14. Patriot

I think there are more people than professional athletes worrying about sexual-assault cases from the past. Keep in mind that sexual assault is not necessarily rape and to make things even more confusing every state defines sexual-assault differently.

For example lets say a couple is kissing and one of the individuals decides to advance it further by touching the other person's private parts. The person immediately stops when told no. In some jurisdictions this would still be considered sexual assault while in others it would not be considered sexual assault. So there are some gray areas here. I believe based on the laws of Texas today, sexual assault is defined as rape which is a much more of a serious offense than the example I gave.

Another realization I have come to over the years is when alcohol is involved, the probability of a sexual assault increases dramatically. Studies have shown this and as a result I advised my children of this phenomena growing up.

Since1969 likes this.
  15. Patriot

I believe in Massachusetts as in New York an employer can not ask about arrests that do not lead to convictions. Also given the fact the alleged incident took place in Texas, a state that Patricia didn't live in makes it even more difficult to discover in a background check. As you all know RPI is in New York. A background check of New York would not have revealed this.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I say women beware of all chubby bearded men with high pitched voices ......hahahah