When a scouting report absolutely nails it (Nolan Nawrocki on Geno)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by forevercursed, May 11, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.

A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.

Every word the unvarnished truth

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Nawrocki was destroyed here for that take. John Idzik was such a genius.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hey, you broke my balls about Nawrocki when I brought this up leading up to the draft, lol. Just kidding, a little. :)

I was really hoping to get his book this year with our obvious pick coming before the draft. Mainly for his Baker report because I thought we would end up with him. But it turns out he retired. I was a little disappointed

Doesn't matter really being we ended up with the consensus best prospect. It would've been interesting to see how high he was on Darnold, and Baker too tho

I remember Dan Leberfeld blasted Nawrocki for that report and even went so far as to call it racist. Nawrocki made Idzik look like a fool in the end.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not to defend Leberfool, but couldn't he (Nawrocki) compare him to at least one white QB?

You're not comparing personalities or backgrounds, you are comparing the skillset and preparation of a football player. And there is a gigantic pool of comparison quarterbacks that are white compared to a far smaller pool of black NFL QBs.

#6 abyzmul, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. I was a little put off, but it had more to do with the bad omen it meant for the team. But I didn't disagree at the time with Lebertard tho, and was a little put off and pissed. All the stuff directed at Geno made me pull harder for him, until it became obvious it was over for him here to me before the debates continued and some people still wanted him to play. '11 thru '14 was a miserable era for the team and fans.
    But it was kind of uncanny how he nailed it. I thought Nawrocki was a good scout and would've bought his book if he didn't retire, if that was the reason he didn't publish this year.

#7 Walt White, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018