Vote: Thread of the year (The Sanchez Sucks just sucks award)

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by 101GangGreen101, May 12, 2018.

Tags:
?

Best thread goes to ...

Poll closed May 26, 2018.
  1. Jay’s House of Weather in BS Forum

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Nate Peterman just became the starting QB in Buffalo for the next decade plus!!

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  3. "I Have Diabetes - I Hope My Story Can Save Someone's Life Or Spread Awareness"

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

As entertaining as the Peterman thread was, I can't hand this award to a Bills fan, particularly the one who started that thread.

@jaywayne12 and friends are a jewel of this board. TheGangGreen wouldn't be the same without them.

jaywayne12, stinkyB and CBG like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

72X , I am biased because I post on that thread often and really enjoy weather tracking nowadays but I could not agree with you more. How many people have been helped by that thread ? I mean people have changed vacation plans , flights, travel,parties , work schedules and meetings among a gazillion other things due to that thread. We have prepped for snowstorms and hurricanes due to that thread and it has been used year wide , I mean anyone can debate football but that thread is the real deal and people check in on it from all over the damn place. I don't know Sunday Jack personally who I believe started the thread but I know Jaywayne and he is an awesome person. The rest of us that post there just try and do the best we can with that thread and I think we all do pretty decent job carrying the torch although none of us can touch Jay but we do the best we can. Years ago before I started to "attempt" to track weather more closely and get into it I was driving home from Florida on 95 and shot Jay a message regarding an incoming storm that was almost upon me and I headed inland alla FJAY on his recent trip and I avoided driving in a monsoon but I stray .To be honest when the Jets are eliminated from playoff contention on or before Halloween that thread is one of the main reasons I come to the site , the same for the off season.

jaywayne12, Brook!, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words CBG.

You have the history pretty correct but will add to it....because Sundayjack did start it.
    more than a decade ago....if a huge storm was coming, I would open a thread and say "possible snow storm 2 weeks from now!"
    and we would track it. This went on for an entire winter and the following winter....we did the same...one day I saw the name of the thread and SJ said something like "tired of looking for these storms all over the place...Jay..just put them all in here".

and that was it. If SJ didn't do that...it would have faded and never been started.

Miss him greatly and would love to see him just pop in now and then.

CBG, abyzmul and xxedge72x like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I thought I saw it mentioned in another thread, but actual thread of the year or thread of the ages? I'm going with jaywayne12. No offense to Buffalo Physco and his ugly Christmas sweater. That's probably the only competition he's ever won in his life.

TwoHeadedMonster and xxedge72x like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.