What music are you listening to right now? Merged

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 18, 2006.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This is just for laughs - and probably no-one on here can relate to it or even find it remotely funny because it's out of their age range - but my idiot estranged brother and I used to mess with the record player all the time (not the Harman Kardon - that was off limits and for jazz and swing). It was a cheap portable 45 & LP record player. What we used to do was spin the 45s by hand. Go in slow motion or backwards. The best one was 'The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)'. That was one of the best slo mos we ever jam master flashed. We got the Chipmunks to speak in their regular tempo human voices (and they sounded like creepy weird men), and then Dave would say AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNN like a dying elephant. Also Donny Osmond 'Go Away Little Girl' (I have no clue what relative if they loved me would even buy me that). We went to town on it. We got him to sound like like he was a 50 year old singing in a shitty night club. And of course, I WANNNNNNNNNNNA HOLLLLLLLLLLLD YOUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR HANNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDD (sounded like Death in Metal in retrospect). Also 'Crimson and Clover' backwards was a lot of fun; but slo mo was always the preferred choice. My estranged brother is a complete POS and I'm glad I cut him off like a dead limb years ago, but there are a handful of decent memories. This is one of them.

Numba nine?

#5121 jetophile, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. jetophile

I don't think Michael Jackson was a pedophile. What I do think is arrested development with highly inappropriate borderline creepy predatory pervy behavior. Something his crap father, Joe said, was kind of telling after the allegations. "He said he would get nervous and that me and the pressure made him throw up. Well, he threw up all the way to bank." It was something along those lines, you know, if it wasn't for me, you'd be a nobody. Then of course when Michael Jackson died without a will, he swept in to try to scavenge his bones.

I would love to have an in-depth objective conversation about Michael Jackson. For now I'd just like to say that at some point any plastic surgeon with a smidgen of integrity would've insisted he see a mental health professional about Body Dysmorphic Disorder and refuse to touch him anymore. What a bunch of unethical butchers. Plastic surgery came into existence for people with burns, war wounds, cleft palates, and facial deformities. Just sayin'. I still listen to 'Off the Wall', and when I see his formerly handsome face, damn.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He def wasn't a pedophile, he was a person that grew up without an actual childhood, so he tried to live that life as an adult. Its actually kind of sad, cause his father was abusive, wanted his sons to be successful, but he made his kids pay the ultimate price. He would subject them to alcohol, club violence and nudity at a very early age. MJ did have vitiligo at a later age, I highly doubt he actually bleached his skin. He had some serious mental issues, had a sad and lonely life despite the fame and fortune. But he shouldn't have taken all of the pills the doctor prescribed him. That killed him.

God, the public treated him like shit when all of the news came out. MJ is my all time favorite artist and he will always be #1 in my book. He had a lot of great messages in his music.

4. jetophile

The vitiligo has nothing to do with unethical butchers. The fact that he got overdosed by a hack only tells me he would've gone abroad and had his continued facial mutilation done elsewhere if he was finally turned away. Perhaps one U.S. plastic surgeon out the 50 facial surgeries he had performed mildly held up the Hippocratic Oath near the end? Who's to say.

#5124 jetophile, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Love dark electro

Fractured - One More TIme. Art by Marc Brunet "Impossible Lov3"

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

My neighbors listen to great music...even if they don't want to

stinkyB and Dierking like this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Didn't know what that was. I listen to 80's once in a while then clicked this one night.

My neighbors wonder if we're having an earth quake occasionally now when the walls are shaking...

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

9. Walt White

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Last 2 games before we declare Galatasaray as Champions. Wish us good luck guys.

11. Brook!

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I just watched this whole video. Am I supposed to eat something with pickled goat dicks in it now?

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

Lol. Go with fries;)

CBG and abyzmul like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Storm just ending ,I'm off to navigate my vehicle thru down trees ,,,Bullet for My Valentine and Trivium wish me luck

15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

16. jetophile

Laugh all you want, but some of Elton's John's stuff is really terrific. It only ended after he started becoming a parody of himself. Scratch that. It ended when Bernie Taupin stopped banging him in the ass. I got this album for my 11th birthday, and this was my favorite out of all of them.

17. jetophile

I was also listening to Patti Smith's 'Piss Factory' around the same time. I bought it for 50 cents at a garage sale, mostly because the title intrigued me. 'Get off your Mustang, Sally.' I told you my musical taste is all over the place. Damn, I wish I still had that EP. I mourn the the loss and sale of all of my albums. Fukk the cloud and ishit. It sucks. It's not remotely close to the physical product. I can't even put an imaginary price tag on some of the stuff I used to have. Starving art student, oh well. On that note (heh), I'll never get a Kindle. I learned my lesson and the touch and feel of real books is where it's at. It's staying that way.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^ ascending piano riff in the Patti song reminds of the Brothers Johnson's "Strawberry Letter 23"

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

note-bending & harmonics wizardry

Morticia's hips (1:03-:11) could sink ships - she was hot

20. Walt White