Matt Patricia Prediction

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Patriot, May 11, 2018.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I have no idea whether Patricia is innocent or guilty of the sexual abuse charge levied against him 22 years ago. But what I do know is that Goodell and the NFL will be crawling in every rock to find any dirt on him. Remember Patricia with his Goodell Clown shirt? I liked it so much I even used the image for my avatar for awhile. However, I do recall Roger being pissed. You don't have to be a rocket scientist like Patricia to realize that Goodell is licking his chops for revenge. I also wouldn't be surprised that the NFL office leaked the story out. If Wells ends up being the investigator, Patricia is going down!

Now if on the other hand I am wrong and the NFL actually acts professional and determines there is no merit in these allegations, then I will have to take back my cynical opinion on Goodell.

Just remember you heard this prediction from Patriot, and the media was to dumb to see this possibility.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

He is a Lyin lion... who would lie about being sexually abused by a 22 year old neckbeard engineer?? If coaching in Detroit wasn't punishment enough the almighty goddell hammer is about to banish this once proud but now shamed man into oblivion, bring out the tar and gather the feathers, Bye Patricia.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Matt Patricia always did strike me along with Bellichek as two Grocery Clerks ( with those pencils behind the ear, dirty sweatshirts etc ahaha) right? I mean they would fit right in at Waldbaums ?? Heheh

brilliant Clerks who went to Amherst and Wesleyan..yes but that just means you're a well educated predator

Of course in this country you are innocent till proven otherwise...but those are pretty serious accusations

Case was dismissed so who knows

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The charges were 22 years ago and the case was dismissed 22 years, nothing at all will come of this. There will be a few stories but I doubt the NFL even investigates beyond a few cursory phone calls at the most.

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Its the Patriot Way.

If the NFL does anything about that, something where the case was dismissed 22 years ago and had never been brought up previously during his coordinator years, then they are just a joke.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fuck off with the Patriots persecution complex, nobody gives a fuck about your feelings.

That said, Patricia is getting jobbed big time here.

NYJFOREVER, TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not the Patriots that are getting screwed here, it's the Lions.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Giant nothing burger. Indictment that never went to trial and no one remembers anything.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It seems to me that unless and until the purported victim (or some other victim) says something (which hasn't happened in 22 years) the notion of punishment from the league is going nowhere. That doesn't change the fact that the Lions look incredibly stupid here, particularly since it is legal in Michigan to ask a prospective employee if they have ever been arrested or indicted (it is not legal to do so in Massachusetts, but there's nothing that prevents a team from doing their own background check; apparently it wasn't difficult at all to find records of the indictment in public record, so the Patriots don't look too good here either).

10. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Ah, the vaunted Belichick coaching tree. The two most recent branches show that if you hire a Belichick assistant, you'll either get stiffed or embarrassed. A helluva legacy, huh?

But seriously, this happened before Patricia had any affiliation with the NFL and probably before the Personal Conduct Policy took effect, so maybe Goddell will be powerless to do anything. I doubt he'll be able to make a case that Patricia violated the Personal Conduct Policy by failing to alert the Lions to this before he was hired. Ultimately, the Lions have egg on their face for apparently doing less of a background check on their new coach than they would have done on a draft pick.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I hate to say nonsense over something like sexual assault, but this is literally nonsense. It was 22 years ago and he wasn't convicted of anything. Innocent until proven guilty, society today is too quick to call someone guilty before anything even happens.

playtowinthegame and FJF like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not sure why anyone looks bad other than the petty person who dug this up. An arrest or indictment is nothing. Anyone can literally be arrested at any given time, that’s why we have innocent until proven guilty and why most employers ask about convictions and plea deals. I’d love to bash the patriots over this but really, this is just dumb.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

So you're proposing that ALLOWING a guy to coach for the Patriots, followed by NOT ALLOWING him to coach the Lions is somehow UNFAVORABLE to the Patriots?
    That's the insinuation I'm picking up from your last two lines here--otherwise I'm not understanding why you wrote them.

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Patricia is actually a tranny. The individual he assaulted is also a tranny. Patricia will eventually be charged with a hate crime.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Patricia will coach for them this year, then there will be a fine for them at the end of a long "investigation", then they'll fire him at the end of the season and the Pats will re-hire him at half of what they were paying him.

Just like they planned when they leaked the info to the Detroit Free Press.

What I am wondering is why the Patriots are getting away with any criticism for never "discovering" this in all of the years he coached for them. They run Intel like they are an arm for the CIA.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Someone posted he messed with Goodell..and now this

Personally I don't make enemies for free

17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Jets at Lions on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL...Can't wait! Hope the Jets burst into Ford Field and kick the Lions ass.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I read Patricia's explanation of why he didn't say anything, but I still think he should have been forthcoming and let the Lions decide. He basically said that even though he was indicted, the case was dismissed and he was acquitted, he was innocent then, he's innocent now, he didn't think he had to say/was obligated to say anything about it. Plausible, I guess; but I have to believe he thought it would affect his chances, so yeah, definitely a lie by omission in the Weinstein era, and the NFL still has a pathetic batting average when it comes to domestic violence/sexual assault. It's pretty safe to say that if you're in a high profile position and you have a skeleton in your closet you better damn well pre-empt and come out with it, because by hook or by crook, it'll be coming out for you.

I don't know any of the details of the case, but if he was working for some podunk engineering firm, probably no-one would care. Quinn and Martha Ford have been left with egg on their faces. No matter what they say publicly, I'm sure they're pretty pissed off for being made to look like fools. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cheats did actually leak the story themselves as opined by abyzmul. It makes perfect sense it was them.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'd settle for someone kicking Patricia's ass just for having Patriots stink on him.

themorey and NY Jets68 like this.
  20. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Just in response to a post above, a dismissal before the jury is sworn, as occurred here, isn't an acquittal. It's a big fat nothing. Here, the dismissal even stipulated that the charges could be re-filed at a later date.

What amazes me is how ham-handed the Lions' damage control was. I hope the Jet's take careful notes on how NOT to handle a crisis:

1. The Lions initially got the facts wrong. They said the victim recanted, but they had to take that back because it wasn't true.

2. Patricia came out and said he was innocent and falsely accused. Bad move. He should have left it at the charges were 22 years ago, he was not convicted, and the victim refused to testify at trial. By claiming he was falsely accused, Patricia, in effect, challenged every reporter around who wants to make a name for himself/herself to prove him wrong. You can bet your ass a pile of them are trying to do that right now. Stay tuned.

#20 Since1969, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    NY Jets68 and 6-10 once again like this.