Be thankful for McCown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, May 11, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While what you say is true, it's still a selfish, me-first or me over team attitude, is petty, small-minded and an insecure way in which to act. It reminds me of a story I heard about legendary American bass Jerome Hines. He was judging a vocal competition and gave all the basses low marks, when some of them were obviously much better than the singers of other voice types. One of the judges asked him why he was grading the basses so low. He responded that if had anything to do with it, no bass would ever win a vocal competition where he was judging. Hines should have wanted to help discover and nurture young basses to insure that there were good basses in opera, but he didn't. He just wanted to be remembered as the greatest American bass and didn't want one to come along, be better than him, and then he would be forgotten.

Mogriffjr and Leicester Jet like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Guy your attitude is rotten imo. It shouldn't have to be written into his contract. Football, perhaps moreso than any other sport, is a TEAM game. Players should have more gratitude that teams drafted them, valued them and paid them a lot of money to play a game. They should always be willing to help others and they should have enough loyalty that they want to help the team continue to be successful and thrive.

Yes, at the end of the day whether a player ultimately succeeds is up to him. If he isn't getting what he needs from his CS or team, then he has to work harder and try to get it somewhere else. That doesn't mean that veterans shouldn't help young players, however, and just because Favre was a prick and didn't help Rodgers doesn't make it right or OK. It just means that Favre was and is a selfish, me-first and only prick.

westiedog1, K'OB and twown like this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, I died.

5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Thank you Josh for not being a dick towards Sam Darnold while making $10 million dollars.

FJF likes this.
  6. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Guess there aren't many QBs like Kurt Warner that have been the supportive veteran mentor in the NFL....

7. abyzmul

There have been, the douchebags usually get the most press though.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Ben has been talking retirement like he's Brett favre for a while now. For him to get butt hurt over the Steelers drafting a potential future replacement fits his drama queen personality to a tee.

Looking forward to him stubbing his toe week one and limping around like he lost a foot to an ied for the rest of the game.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s almost like he is going to get the attention he feels he deserves,even if he has to force people to give it.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Weighing in here..part of me wants to say that Flacco and Big Ben have a right to be such prima donnas since they have played in the SB etc Ben wants more weapons to help him etc

But at 17-20 mill per year

whats the problem????? No one makes that type of money except your successor maybe...so help the kid big deal

Ben gives conflicting signals every year whether he retires or not SMH ..management will do whats best too bad

For josh McCown ..guy is ending 1 career and starting another as a Coach ..so ts a bit self serving as well

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

All of my stories are true. : ) This was off the board, but remember the one when the window screens in my bedroom were melting the siding on my Studio? I had to buy blackout curtains to stop the reflection. It took three months to get replacement screens that were coated with something or other. Meanwhile back at the ranch, those blackout curtains made me feel like I was sleeping in a goddamn coffin. My window screens could've taught the Boy Scouts a thing or two about starting a fire, alright. "And that's my Window Story." "That's so awesome." Haha.

So yeah, Josh McCown. If I ever see McClown again, I'm gonna scream. It was turning into Mevis and Meshawn. Personally I always preferred my own creation as to the latter: Keymouth. Thanks for the RIP. RIP as well on Maynard to this day.

12. abyzmul

An art studio with blackout curtains is like an assault weapon with no bullets.

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger is 36, does he think he's gonna be a Brady and play into his 40s? I mean, if he can put up great numbers and continue playing for another 5+ years, then he won't have anything to worry about. I'm sure that even Brady wasn't a dick to all the guys who have backed him up, he just figured that as long as he didn't suck he had nothing to worry about.

14. jetophile

The blackout curtains weren't in my Studio. Miscommunication, I guess? I hope when you die, you get buried at sea. In a sea of peanut butter, that is. ; )

Yes, abyzmul loves peanut butter. It's not a weird, sick fetish. It's just his softer side. He loves peanut butter.

15. abyzmul

That Miss is my favorite gal.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  17. abyzmul

He really does look like a potato.

18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

thank you, based josh

19. abyzmul

It's the light brown white meat.

20. jetophile

Hahaha. Peanut Butter on. What is that thing called again, Goober Grape? Smuckers makes it. It's literally grape jelly and peanut butter swirled in a jar. Typical America, getting a quick and easy fix to shove your kids off to school. I think they still make it, but good luck finding it. Not derailing, but yes, I, too love PB. Smuckers Natural is terrible, though. The peanuts are roasted too dark and it leaves a hint of sawdust and sandpaper on the palate.

EDIT & P.S.: I never met a dog that didn't adore peanut butter. That's like someone not liking chocolate or pizza.

#40 jetophile, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018