Chad Hansen and Ardarious Stewart

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, May 8, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

What did you win?

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I didn't say that.
    2. Neck injury is nothing to scoff at.
    3. Anderson had a few run-ins with the LEO by now, no? He even verbally threatened one of them. That's blown out of proportion? How?

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do you actually like anything at all to do with the Jets ?

Genuine question as it is becoming more and more apparent that not a single player tickles your fancy, now it is the turn of two untried WR's, they are equally bad, one of them caught all but one pass he was thrown, that is telling normal people that he has good hands and hopefully more looks will ensue for him this season.

Nope, equally bad and no growth from rookie to second year pro, okay. :confused:

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Karl Dorrell is in fact doing pretty fine job coaching WRs. He's been here for 3 years [2015/16/17] and Jets WRs were one of the brighter spots on otherwise lackluster team, especially in 16 and 17.

Give him some time to work with the young kids and see what he can do with them.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looked like Hansen may have started to catch on later in the season and could be a solid 'possession' type receiver.

Stewart had to play catch up after missing time early and that is usually a bad thing for a rookie, some even more than others. Stewart looks like he could be a big play guy as opposed to the possession type Hanson is.
    Stewart is the one to look for improvement with early as a sign he's adjusting. They were both eased in slowly to get their chances to go up the curve as the season went on, and then they backed off with Stewart towards the end, I think.
    I kept waiting to see Stewart bust a big play. They gave him some opportunities but it just never happened.

By no means does that mean he should be written off before mini-camp no less... smh

egelband, FJF and FrontOfficeFanatic like this.
  6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

We have retained a lot of our rookies, a good thing, but something certainly has to give at this point. Either they can contribute or they will be beat out by veterans and be sent to practice squad or cut. Some guys, beside these two, that are in the same boat are:

Lorenzo Mauldin
    Dylan Donahue
    Deon Simon
    Charone Peake
    Juston Burris
    Elijah Mcguire
    Derrick Jones/Jeremy Clark

These guys are going to be playing with the fringe of the roster, based on other moves we made so it wouldn't surprise me if we have to cut a few Mac picks this year in particular. Hope one of the projects in Jones, Clark or Burris work out......

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1) fair enough. I just think people tend to understate andersons talent becuase the off field stuff. WRs with his talent don't fall off trees
    2) true, but lets see how he comes back. If he isn't healthy still i doubt mac would give him a big offer. maybe a 1 year prove it deal with incentives
    3) because all those charges were dropped

"Anderson will now be back in court on July 19 to resolve a charge of reckless driving from January. Anderson previously faced a felony charge of threatening a public servant or a public servant’s family, but that charge was dropped in April."

all he has is a reckless driving case (which he will likely plea out of and pay a fine and move on). he was speeding we all speed, in the grand scheme of things it's not really a big deal. Not even as bad as richardsons. Hell in my younger days I was pulled over for wreckless driving and i wasn't even speeding. just got harassed and not even cited. Other people have similar stories on this forum as well and worse ones. The way i see it is he was speeding, he's an idiot (yes we all know anderson is an idiot), and the cop was a dick. It's not like he was fighting dogs or beating his wife.

LF911SC likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Simon is done IMO, I had high hopes he could be a decent run stopper after his rookie year, but we pretty much replaced him in this draft.

LF911SC likes this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

All right - fair enough.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I don't dislike Stewart I think he is a tough kid with some skill but the chalk pick was Chris Godwin, virtually no mocks had Stewart ahead of Godwin. Godwin is exactly the type of receiver we need. I don't know why they have to overthink things. Hansen is the definition of a JAG, he doesn't do anything to separate himself from the pack.

11. FrontOfficeFanatic

I am afraid he might be....trying to be positive and hope he continues to develop. He's a big guy with some serious strength, but I'm not sure he can beat out the other guys we have around this year. Bowles likes to run a "lineman by committee" approach, where you just put out fresh strong space eaters every few snaps...not relying on just one. IMO we need more difference makers at linebackers and line to generate more push on pass plays. You put a Clowney or Mack on our team and all of a sudden I think we are a top 10.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. Godwin was an entirely different style of receiver.Hes more of an over the top boundary type.Stewart can play outside as well as in the slot w great short area quickness & acceleration after the catch. I would disagree that Stewart was A JAG in college..he was a baller his whole time at Bama & SEC defenses granted him plenty of respect. Thats not to say that hes better than Godwin just that they are totally different style players.

As it stands Stewart is really the Jets only short area threat at least outside of Powell..we’ll surely be looking at these type of receivers movong forward w ability to create separation & YAC to compliment Darnold’s placement & anticipation skills

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

No doubt about it, the last piece on defense is a pass-rusher. Hopefully, the Jets address this in the draft or FA.

Jets have a 4 to 5 year window with Darnold on his rookie contract. You can pay players right now and try and contend by his 2nd season.

14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The main problem is that it's been the last missing piece of about the last 5 good defenses the Jets have put together....

15. 101GangGreen101

still searching for DeMarcus Ware and the dude is retired.

TwoHeadedMonster and CotcheryFan like this.
  16. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Sorry maybe you misread haha, I said Hansen was the JAG. Stewart I don't dislike just thought Godwin was clearly the choice at that spot.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Karl Dorrel is the WR coach ? Who knew..An unsung hero

All I know is Heimerdinger is Macs right hand man..lol

18. Ahh yeah..your right.Fwiw i wanted Godwin at that spot too but felt Stewart was by no means second rate in comparison.

Not sure what to make of Hanson just yet..but i def see more promise in stewart

19. FrontOfficeFanatic

Very true.

I think our window could look like 3 years if you include our other core pieces.

Leonard, Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Robby Anderson etc. It's sad that I can't name any franchise pieces on our entire offensive line.....that's the one glaring problem I have had with Mac so far.

20. 101GangGreen101

The upgrade at center might be sufficient enough to not get the rookie QB killed. Wesley Johnson dragged the entire line down. Mac has gotten better with each draft no doubt about it, but this is a key year for all of the lineman on this roster. Mac always mentions the FA as a way to improve the team, so look for major signings if certain players underperform.

If the Jets see life from Darnold and build on it, the Jets can be right there IMO. I know the green glasses are on, but theres a lot of young guys that need to prove themselves and I think the Darron Lees will step up this year.

LF911SC and FrontOfficeFanatic like this.